The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion

4 posters

Go down

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Empty Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion

Post by wintersdawn Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:38 am

Mod, any mod, please move this thread to Peddlers corner or else delete Peddlers corner and allow stores to post in any part of the forum, one or the other, your call.  Cheers.

Last edited by wintersdawn on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Empty Re: Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion

Post by Kerrick Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:07 pm

This is the appropriate location for this thread.  These are album release announcements for Christian metal bands.  While Soundmass does have its own online store, it's primarily a label and these releases are sold via distributors (Metal Helm, Vision Of God Records...) for the majority.

The Peddler's Corner is more geared towards individuals buying/selling/trading.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Empty Re: Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion

Post by wintersdawn Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:48 am

Kerrick: The Peddler's Corner is more geared towards individuals buying/selling/trading.

Please point me in the right direction to read the CMR policy regarding the use of 'Peddler's Corner' and who should post there, to confirm your position.  Cheers.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:35 am

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Peddle10

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:42 pm

Kerrick wrote:Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Peddle10

Mmm...a squiggly line, thanks for the well thought out and in-depth response but no support there for your position, do you just make it up as you go along and hope people will swallow it?!  Shocked 

Ever thought about a career in politics?  Something tells me you'd be a natural!  Laughing

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Rather than addressing your snide and passive-aggressive request in like form, I opted for that which seems quite straight-forward and clear to me.  Obviously there are no special details in the CMR "policy" to explicitly lay out exactly what should/shouldn't be posted in the Peddler's Corner.  It's never been an issue before and I don't see why you're trying to make it one now.  If someone posts in the wrong section, it's up to the mods to either move it or leave it.  In this case, I already addressed your concern: this is indeed the right section for this thread.

That being said, here's your warning: The vast majority (if not all...) of your posts are complaining, accusing, trying to boss the mods around, and insulting.  Keep it up any more and you'll be banned.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood, Fundy, alldatndensum, Pethead, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:04 am

Kerrick, your lack of professionalism in moderating this forum proceeds you.  Instead of messaging me privately to air your greviances and issue your threat of banning me you make it public and confirm to all who read your response that you were just annoyed that I had revealed the groundless basis for your opinion.  Ban me now and prove to everyone that whenever your position is untenable you abuse your mod privileges.

Just as a reminder, your response and my question:

Kerrick: The Peddler's Corner is more geared towards individuals buying/selling/trading.

Please point me in the right direction to read the CMR policy regarding the use of 'Peddler's Corner' and who should post there, to confirm your position.  Cheers.

No reason was given to confirm this position and so I, naturally/understandbly assumed your position was groundless.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:35 am

WD, you made it public when you demanded the mods act in accordance with your wishes in this thread.  I responded to your request so any other readers knew it was addressed and answered.  Case closed.  You may remember that this thread was specifically created at your request after your unnecessarily harsh complaints towards Soundmass' earlier multiple threads were heard.

I've already addressed your other request too:  But to repeat myself, there is no such explicit instructions or "policies" for what goes where beyond the headings.  The Peddler's Corner is to buy/sell/trade, as I highlighted.  This thread is for none of those.  This section of the forum is for all things Christian metal/rock.  Announcements of new (or re-) releases should be here, as Soundmass has correctly done.  And if/when there are "grey areas" of overlap, it's left to the mods' discretion.  You're welcome to voice your opinion - and just like with Soundmass' previous threads - we may agree and make the change.  Or in this case, disagree.  But doing so in a condescending, bullying, and insulting manner is against the rules here and won't be tolerated, hence the warning.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Staybrite, Fundy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:39 am

Thank you Kerrick for your reply, it is much appreciated.

Please remove the links to the Soundmass store contained within this thread, they belong in 'Peddlers Corner' as you yourself just confirmed:

Kerrick: The Peddler's Corner is to buy/sell/trade, as I highlighted.

Thank you.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:53 am

WD, in this case, Soundmass-the-label's website = Soundmass-the-store's website.  This could be categorized as one of those "grey areas" I mentioned above.  In this case, I think this location is still the appropriate spot for it.  The links stay.  Please let it be.  I've heard your complaints, addressed them, and now it's time to please drop this issue.  If this remains bothersome to you, I recommend you utilize the friends/foes feature of this website so Soundmass' threads/posts are automatically hidden from you.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:31 am

Thanks Kerrick for your response, although I do not agree that store links should be posted in the main CMR discussion area as these clearly belong, by your own admission, in the Peddlers Corner section of this forum.  However, you are at liberty to allow such things as you see fit due to your mod privilege and although I strongly disagree I respect your ability to use your mod powers to allow this to continue.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:58 am

Ok WD.

FYI I'll split this thread out to keep the original thread on-topic.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Empty WintersDawn's Complaints/Demands for Thread Content

Post by wintersdawn Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:07 am

Kerrick wrote:Ok WD.

FYI I'll split this thread out to keep the original thread on-topic.

You've lost me now, what does 'split this thread out' mean?  

I hope you are not considering editing/deleting the responses here, except of course editing the soundmass entries to remove the store links that do not belong in the CMR discussion area as you have previously confirmed.  Cheers.

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:28 am

Thanks Kerrick for moving all the posts that you didn't agree with after you were called out for having an untenable position, life's good being a mod.

Just remember there are alot of eyes on this forum and your action has been noted.

Last edited by wintersdawn on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:39 am; edited 4 times in total

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Censored replies regarding the misuse of the main discussion area for store promotion Empty temp

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:30 am

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t13040-wintersdawn-s-complaints-demands-for-thread-content

(Also, I'll move these to that thread too.  WD, please do not post in Soundmass' thread again.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:38 am

Ah, the life of a mod, you're proven wrong again and again and so in response to an untenable position abuse your privilege/power by censoring threads and putting what you don't like to an unrelated area of the forum.

Last edited by wintersdawn on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by wintersdawn Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:42 am

As I wasn't allowed any part in the 'creation' of this thread and as such as it doesn't make much sense so I think an explanation is needed.

After receiving confirmation from Kerrick that Peddlers Corner is where people 'sell' things I requested that the 'store links' posted by soundmass in the general CMR discussion area were removed.  Instead of this Kerrick censored my posts and dumped them in this thread.  Nice way of dealing with things, eh?

wintersdawn
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:15 pm

Wow, just wow.  I'm not sure I understand the contention with Soundmass posting in the Christian Metal section, and individuals trying to sell/pm cds/lps from their private collection in the Peddler's Corner.  It seems like it has been that way for decades.

Wintersdawn, for some reason I get the feeling you have a beef (disagreement) with Soundmass.  Or else you are angry at the mods on this board.  Did someone tell you that you couldn't promote release from one of your bands in the main Christian Metal section?  Because I think most bands who frequent CMR do that (Ritual Servant, Golgotha, even Winter's Dawn at one time)
Also distro companies promote releases in the Christian Metal section as well (Roxx, Girder, Soundmass etc.).
I always thought it was only the people trying to resell items from their personal music collection that were relegated to the Peddler's Corner.  Maybe I'm mistaken because I don't understand what the problem is.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:42 pm

This was the wrong hill to die on 🤦‍�

I may only lurk occasionally these days, but I’m not gonna let this sort of mud-slinging towards the most active and best mod left standing just “happen”…..

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Staybrite, deathisgain, alldatndensum, ThomasEversole and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down