The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered)

+6
KaramKaram
Driven
Staybrite
Highway Star
MikeInFla
cliffenstein
10 posters

Go down

MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered) Empty MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered)

Post by cliffenstein Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 am

Our debut album will soon show up on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and all other digital outlets with new cover art (one that is much more appropriate for the sound of the band) and slightly remastered audio, as follows:

1.  Dynamics Restoration work completed throughout (the quieter parts now sit properly in the mix...soloed drum & vocal, guitar intros, acoustics, etc).

2.  The live song at the end was fully remastered to bring out the vocal and drums, thus helping it feel better along side all the studio tracks.

Here's the new cover art...

MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered) 15890533831_5be22f274f_o

I don't expect to move many, if any, of these.  The rights recently reverted back to me and I'm re-releasing it digitally simply because I can.

I'm still quite proud of this album.  I find it to be a genuine slab of that late 80's sunset strip sound I love so much.
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered) Empty Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered)

Post by MikeInFla Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:20 am

I have the original. I like the new cover better. I liked the album. It has a very raw sound but was lacking in production. 
I need to pull it out and give it a spin.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered) Empty Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS Shot In The Dark (Remastered)

Post by cliffenstein Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:40 am

The production, in my view, is very much in line with the LA Guns and Faster Pussycat debut records.  It's an unrefined approach that showcases a band's live sound.

I personally feel that we got the songwriting just right for that era as well.
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Highway Star Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Love both albums, any chance of releasing a new cd?
Highway Star
Highway Star
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffenstein Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Thank you.  I officially put the band to rest in the summer of 2010.  I have no plans on resurrecting it.  Heck, I sold off the last of my electric gear earlier this year.
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Very cool!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:27 pm

I will check it out when it becomes available. Wasn't a huge fan of the audio on Shot In The Dark, so this should be good to try.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Who did the remaster?

J/K
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:51 pm

cliffenstein wrote:Our debut album will soon show up on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and all other digital outlets with new cover art
...one step away from you?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffenstein Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Driven wrote:I will check it out when it becomes available. Wasn't a huge fan of the audio on Shot In The Dark, so this should be good to try.

The overall sonics are unchanged on all but the final track (Shot In The Dark Live).  The difference is in the dynamics as described in the original post.  Like the debuts of LA Guns and Faster Pussycat, it's a budget album recorded quickly.  If you found nothing to really like about it the first time then I doubt a better cover and dynamics fix is gonna do it for you this time around.
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffenstein Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Also...anyone who bought the original can feel free to IM me for a free download of this version.

Honesty rule applies.

iTunes Store quality AAC, 320 Kbps mp3 and FLAC available.  I'll be out of town for the next week on business, but will send links upon my return.  Until then, I can only send the iTunes Store quality AAC (m4a) files.
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:02 pm

I need to check this out. Love the production/sound of the first Faster Pussycat album. In my opinion that's how it should be done for that style of music.

Back to top Go down

Post by Highway Star Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 pm

1 4 All wrote:I need to check this out. Love the production/sound of the first Faster Pussycat album. In my opinion that's how it should be done for that style of music.

Agreed, I never tire of listening to Faster Pussycat's debut album.
Highway Star
Highway Star
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:50 pm

I have this and I like it a lot!

Too bad you don't plan to resurrect it, we need more Christian/Christian friendly music like this.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 am

I have the original and enjoyed seeing y'all live at C'stone.  But I'll do my part to support and will see about getting it via iTunes.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:I have the original and enjoyed seeing y'all live at C'stone.  But I'll do my part to support and will see about getting it via iTunes.

I have the original too, and will likely download the updated album from Amazon.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:57 am

I saw the title and thought that the band was involved in a shooting after a show. Glad to see everyones ok
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffenstein Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 am

We are indeed okay!  We're now all grown up and separated by miles and miles with wives and kids and all that good stuff!
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 am

My all-time favorite Cliffy song:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 am

MikeInFla wrote:My all-time favorite Cliffy song:

My kids walk around the house singing that song all the time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down