The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers?

3 posters

Go down

Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers? Empty Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers?

Post by Constantine Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Anyone have any recommended guitar models for someone with small hands and short fingers?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers? Empty Re: Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers?

Post by VibratingMetal Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Well, you mean electric or acoustic?
There is a very small acoustic guitar, Yamaha GL1 Guitalele. The price-performance ratio is top. It is an intermediate between guitar and ukulele, handy small and easy to transport.  I really like it, though sometimes it is a bit too small for certain songs. Anyway, if you are interested, check it out in your local store. Furthermore there are 3/4 guitars and stuff.

VibratingMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers? Empty Re: Good guitar choices for small hands / short fingers?

Post by shekkian Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:06 pm

Gibson guitars have a shorter scale length, 24.75 inches, compared with a Fender's 25.5 inches. That should make it a little easier for small hands. You could also go with Epiphone if you are on a smaller budget.

shekkian
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:07 pm

I went with Epiphone, I have 2 right now, one from Ebay and one from Reverb.  They are a bit different from each other (both Les Paul copies) but they are nice guitars and suit my hands and fingers much better then my Fender Strat.  Smile  

Wish I had known about this years ago!   I might have kept playing instead of stopping long ago, until recently.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down