The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome!

4 posters

Go down

Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome! Empty Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome!

Post by Guitar Noir Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Peter Espevoll, former vocalist from the mighty Extol, has a new musical project out called Hrada.  The music is far from metal, but it is amazing!!!  So far they have released three songs.  The music is so far removed from extreme metal, but the vocals, the songwriting and the production are killer.  Check them out.  

Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome! Empty Re: Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome!

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Definitely interesting. I listened to Gospel Oak when it came out. Peter said it was about Christianity's participation in racism in the U.S. in an interview with HM magazine.

In listening to that same interview, I would say this shouldn't be put in the Christian section. If you want to know why I think so, you can listen here:

https://hmmagazine.com/podcast/peter-espevoll-extol-and-hrada/

He talks about his faith journey starting at 33 minutes. The Gospel Oak commentary is at 26 minutes.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome! Empty Re: Peter Espevoll From Extol Has New Music Out, It Ain't Metal But It Is Awesome!

Post by TZ75 Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:18 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Definitely interesting. I listened to Gospel Oak when it came out. Peter said it was about Christianity's participation in racism in the U.S. in an interview with HM magazine.

In listening to that same interview, I would say this shouldn't be put in the Christian section. If you want to know why I think so, you can listen here:

https://hmmagazine.com/podcast/peter-espevoll-extol-and-hrada/

He talks about his faith journey starting at 33 minutes. The Gospel Oak commentary is at 26 minutes.

Sounds like a “woke” album. Where a perceived evil is replaced with some kind of globalist agenda in the name of modern enlightenment.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Peter's position now is very sad and my heart breaks to see someone wander from the Path. Praying for Peter to see the Truth and the God who loves him.

Last edited by Pethead on Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:28 am

Haven’t you heard? Math is racist, trees are racist… white children and babies too! 🤪

We are essentially living in a Marxist twilight zone.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:19 am

I'm not trying to the ruin the thread. The music is compelling. The message is provocative. I'm also not trying to push my view on Peter but hearing him tell his own story helps us realize that these songs have a different meaning than perhaps we would expect if we didn't hear where he is coming from today verses the past. The Girl and the Raconteur is a great song musically and lyrically it is quite pointed. Listening to the interview helps understand where he is headed with it, these songs and this album. He's definitely been hurt by the assimilation of conservative American politics into Christian culture and the hypocrisy that goes with it. Frankly, I hate that myself and understand the frustration. I get it. He just seems willing to throw everything out. I'll add he was bated into the telling of it by the interviewers that took great joy in lauding his great intelligence and artistry matching his walking that path (which they clearly identify with). Perhaps he would express himself differently in another context?

Listen to the music, listen to the interview and enjoy it or walk away from it as you choose. For me, I thought it was important to mention early in the thread to help each discern on their own.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

MysticNetherlands and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:31 am

Frozen Fire wrote: He's definitely been hurt by the assimilation of conservative American politics into Christian culture and the hypocrisy that goes with it. Frankly, I hate that myself and understand the frustration. I get it. He just seems willing to throw everything out. I'll add he was bated into the telling of it by the interviewers that took great joy in lauding his great intelligence and artistry matching his walking that path (which they clearly identify with).
I agree with this. Some of his concerns are quite valid. But it’s tragic to see him go beyond legitimate concerns with the intertwining of the Faith with politics to a seeming rejection of the Faith itself.

I’m not surprised he would continue to put out great music, as he’s always been super talented.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Frozen Fire and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:05 am

Roger Martinez thought his criticism and frustrations were valid too. Does that justify walking away completely? 

You never know what will happen… look at Gary Lenaire. I thought he was gone for good. But he appears to be back with God now.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down