The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band?

2 posters

Go down

7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band? Empty 7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band?

Post by Constantine Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:17 pm

Not to be confused with Seventh Angel or Angel 7, this is a very unknown band that doesn't even have a metal archives page.

Supposedly they were from California and recorded their only demo in 1988.

It has a commercial hard rock vibe with a metal edge.  The heaviest and best songs seem to be the 3rd & 4th ones.

I discovered it because someone is selling a bootleg CD of it on Ebay here:

7th Angel Demo on Ebay
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band? Empty Re: 7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band?

Post by alldatndensum Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:34 am

That is one of the notorious Time Warp Records bootlegs.  Retrospect Records, not to be confused with Retroactive Records, used to sell a ton of these.  I bought quite a few but never got around to getting this one before they pulled them all.

While I shouldn't have been buying bootlegs at all, it was the only way to find an affordable copy of a lot of demos that were out of print and cassette only.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band? Empty Re: 7th ANGEL- Anyone familiar with this 80's band?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Constantine wrote:Not to be confused with Seventh Angel or Angel 7, this is a very unknown band that doesn't even have a metal archives page.

Supposedly they were from California and recorded their only demo in 1988.

It has a commercial hard rock vibe with a metal edge.  The heaviest and best songs seem to be the 3rd & 4th ones.

I discovered it because someone is selling a bootleg CD of it on Ebay here:

7th Angel Demo on Ebay

alldatndensum wrote:That is one of the notorious Time Warp Records bootlegs.  Retrospect Records, not to be confused with Retroactive Records, used to sell a ton of these.  I bought quite a few but never got around to getting this one before they pulled them all.

While I shouldn't have been buying bootlegs at all, it was the only way to find an affordable copy of a lot of demos that were out of print and cassette only.

I have this, and yes, I picked it up from Retrospect Records (oh how I miss them..lol).

I really like it, and this is one that would be great to see Girder or Retroactive grab ahold of and remaster / reissue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down