The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)?

+5
zelote
CrimsonWarrior
eatbugs
Kerrick
Constantine
9 posters

Go down

Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)? Empty Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)?

Post by Constantine Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:17 pm

This was a really good one-man unblack band, originally from Panama. 

Formed by Felipe Diez III of Encryptor, Northern Ash, and Rehumanize

His album "Caverns of Grief" (2002) was the first full-length black metal album ever released in Panama. 
Sorrowstorm was even nominated for a Grammy award in Panama's "Hard Rock" category in 2003, getting third place. 

No longer active, but I wish their material was on Spotify.  CD's are impossible to find, they printed so few.

Not every song he did was equally great, but when he hits the mark, he really scores.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)? Empty Re: Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)?

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:27 pm

Funny timing for making this thread.  Sorrowstorm just announced that they're making music again and signed to Vision Of God Records!  Check it out:

https://visionofgodrecords.com/product/sorrowstorm-epoch-of-exile-cd/

Vision Of God Records wrote:We welcome Sorrowstorm!!!
This is a brand new 3 song EP (Beautifully produced)
with 2 redone bonus tracks from a previous release.
We will be reissuing the Previous full length release as well!
ALL of these funds will be going to Felipe to record the next full length Sorrowstorm release!

THIS EXCEEDS ALL PREVIOUS SORROWSTORM MATERIAL!!! YOU WILL BE AMAZED OF THE QUALITY!

1. Epoch of Exile
2. Beneath the Dreadful Sky
3. Maze of Endless Night
4. Towers of Ancient Wisdom (New version)
5. Onward (New version)

4 Panel Digipack with lyrics-Pro Replicated silver disc

Stay tuned for release dates (Funds are ALREADY achieved and waiting for the final stuff)
This WILL be on ALL major digital sites
Stay tuned for the FREE single release and Lyric video

I never got into them because their stuff was so impossible to find, but if they're gonna be re-releasing their old stuff... I might have a chance now!

Tyrant
Tyrant

1620 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)? Empty Re: Anyone Here Familiar with SORROWSTORM (Christian unblack band from Panama)?

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:58 pm

That is so awesome!   Vision of God Records would be a great home for them.

More odd timing... I joined the only unblack metal group on MeWe (right now there's only like eight of us in the group) and right after I posted "Towers of Ancient Wisdom" and praised the group, I took a look at the member list and Felipe Diez III is a member.  He hasn't responded or posted anything yet but hopefully he will at some point.

"Towers" is such a great song that I don't see how they can possibly improve it by re-recording it.  But...we'll see what they have in mind.  And since they're going to reissue the last full length, the original version will be on there also.

Thanks Kerrick and 1620 for responding to this thread...I was losing hope that anyone would notice it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Oh wow that's pretty cool!

Hey I'm one of those other eight folks in that mewe group hahaha.   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:11 pm

Really?   If you are willing to let me know which one you are, send me a PM.  If not, no worries.

Update:  I think I figured out which one you are....when I get on the laptop later or tomorrow I'll send a contact request.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:39 pm

Yeah it shouldn't be too hard to find haha.  "Kerrick" is my screen-name, but also on my birth certificate.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:45 pm

Haha, yeah well the app version of MeWe isn't as full featured as the web version, so some things I can't do or see on the phone. I'm Mr. D on the site.

We need to liven that group up! I've been posting a few things since I got there, but it's almost as dead as the Christian buy/sell/trade group (which is a corpse).
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:47 am

Thanks for sharing.  This is good, I don't know how I missed them.  I like the Northern Ash album I have.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:18 am

I love Sorrowstorm! A couple years or so ago I managed to track down a copy of Trabajos, which is a compilation containing the Funeral Oath EP as well as Caverns of Grief. Really great stuff imo, and I am super excited about this new EP that's coming out (I didn't know about it until seeing Kerrick's post). There's a good 4 minute sampler on that VoGR page.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Sorrowstorm was one of the first bands playing black here in Latinamerica. So glad that they are back.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:44 pm

I have the "Collected Works" CD but I need to spend more time with it. I'm excited that they are back and on Vision of God which does such a great job with physical releases, merch, pricing, etc. What I've heard from the new album sounds promising.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 am

They recently posted this on facebook which makes me even more excited about their return. It's rare to see such spiritual maturity and wisdom in the scene, IMO.

Sorrowstorm wrote:Sorrowstorm believes in the essential nature of uniting with a local church body, not neglecting to meet together as some do (Heb.). Being accountable to lawfully appointed pastors and elders and communing with the body, partaking of the sacraments / ordinances, and sitting under sound bible preaching are key elements to one's faith. Since Sorrowstorm is primarily a ministry, and also since there have been instances of confusion regarding the faith of people who have played in Christian metal bands, it is important for you to be informed of my involvement in my local church and with the brethren through regular group spiritual activities and accountability in Christian living. I endeavor to forsake sin and wordliness in me daily, and am striving to "be holy, as your father in heaven is holy." (1st Peter 1:15). My lyrics will always provide biblical teachings and themes, in order to best align with the great commission that we are all invited to participate in.

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:06 am

EP is out now. Been listening to it on Bandcamp and it sounds great! You can tell it's the same band from over a decade ago but the sound has matured a little.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Diggersdig98 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:19 am

Saw that...Vision Of God premiered the new single yesterday.  

Here it is:

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Drawnsword, Christian metal Horde and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 pm

"I will not turn away my angerrrr..." Great riff. I like how this track alternates between speed and atmospheric sections. My Sorrowstorm shirt should be here today and the CD is on the way.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Constantine, BaleMaster and Diggersdig98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggersdig98 Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:50 am

Does anyone know where I can find a high-resolution png download of the classic Sorrowstorm logo? I've been looking around but all I can find are VERY low quality scans.

Diggersdig98
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:56 am

Good release!
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:28 pm

Sounds good.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:30 pm

New Creation wrote:Sounds good.
We haven't interacted personally but I've seen a lot of your posts from previous years.
Just wanted to say welcome back, it's good to see you on the board again.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 pm

I also posted this in the Reformed bands thread, but Sorrowstorm recently did a really excellent interview with Beyond The Grave.
https://www.beyondthegravemusic.com/2021/04/21/interview-sorrowstorm/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm

^Awesome. Beyond The Grave is part of the MeWe group; it's too bad he/they didn't post it there but I can do that after I listen to it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down