The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank the Petra Albums, Part the First: Jesus Music and Volz era

+8
StevenCressler
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Frozen Fire
Soldier777
Dustofyears
eatbugs
Pethead
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rank the Petra Albums, Part the First: Jesus Music and Volz era  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank the Petra Albums, Part the First: Jesus Music and Volz era

Post by StevenCressler Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:04 pm

Pethead wrote:Still better than TGoM.
I can see that. Don't agree, but I can see why you'd think that.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rank the Petra Albums, Part the First: Jesus Music and Volz era  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank the Petra Albums, Part the First: Jesus Music and Volz era

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:14 am

I love Petra. One of my favorite bands ever, but I haven't listened to quite a few of their albums because I've heard a bit and know how it sounds. Anyway, here's my ranking.

1. Jekyll & Hyde
Their heaviest album. Test Of Time, Woulda Shoulda Coulda, and Perfect World are absolutely amazing. 
Ranking 5/5

2. Beyond Belief
This is an amazing album. Underground is an underrated Petra song. My favorite song is either Underground or Seen And Not Heard.
Ranking 5\5

3. On Fire! 
This album would be 2 if it was more consistent. All Fired Up! Hit You Where You Live and Mine Field are amazing but after Defector(my favorite track) the album slows down. The other songs are still amazing but the album is just not as consistent as I would've liked.
Ranking 4.5/5

4. More Power To Ya'
My favorite album before John Schlitt. Run For The Prize is probably Bob's best guitar solo.
Ranking 4.5/5

5. Wake Up Call
This is a great album but just isn't as good as the other four. Midnight Oil is an incredible song though.
Ranking 4/5

The other albums I haven't bothered listening to yet. Right Place from No Doubt is a great song though.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2