The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January...

+2
mothy
Lex Metalis
6 posters

Go down

Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January... Empty Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January...

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:13 pm

The new record that Impending Doom finished tracking last winter will finally see the light of day in early 2022.
The five-song EP is titled Hellbent and is slated to arrive on January 14 through eOne Music (now called MNRK Music Group).
A formal announcement has yet to be made, but the EP track listing and cover art can be viewed below.

Hellbent track listing:
1. Satanic Panic
2. New World Horror
3. Culture of Death
4. Hellbent
5. I Must End

Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January... YgPfaoJ

source: https://lambgoat.com/news/34888/impending-doom-to-release-new-ep-hellbent-in-january/comments/#0
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January... Empty Re: Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January...

Post by mothy Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:01 pm

I'm glad they are still going strong but never could get into them.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January... Empty Re: Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January...

Post by BringItDown Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:30 pm

I've listened to the new song almost 200 times. They stick out like a sore thumb on my "favorite bands" list because it's a lot of arena rock, thrash, power, fantasy and technical thrash and this one deathcore band way up there at #3 (my favorite band is the hardcore band Seventh Star, second favorite is German happy metal band Freedom Call).

There is major Korn influence yet ya don't have to like Korn to enjoy this.

42,000 views in 5 days!!!

BringItDown
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:07 pm

BringItDown wrote:my favorite band is the hardcore band Seventh Star

Brood of Viper is so amazing! One of my absolute favorite hardcore albums. The vocals, the production, the songs are so powerful! Love Undisputed Truth's raw sound too. It reminded me of a hardcore version of Sodom's "Code Red." Ironically I never picked up the debut. I suppose I'm missing something notable?

As for the new Impending Doom track. Pretty good for what it is. I'll check out the Ep. Not a deathcore fan but the bold stance for the band is attractive enough to have me give a listen ever time.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:41 am

IMO older Seventh Star (Dead End/Lifeblood) is very decent/good/competent hardcore similar to it's peers at the time (Figure Four, NIV, Hatebreed, etc.) but a notch below the top bands and not as interesting as Brood of Vipers or Undisputed Truth.  Paint by numbers hardcore, well enough done but not standout.

I've kind of lost interest in Impending Doom, but I'm adding this note in a thinly veiled effort to be on topic and not thread drift.  Good enough band, but in general they just don't hold my interest, at least after NDR and Serpent Servant.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BringItDown Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Grindboy wrote:IMO older Seventh Star (Dead End/Lifeblood) is very decent/good/competent hardcore similar to it's peers at the time (Figure Four, NIV, Hatebreed, etc.) but a notch below the top bands and not as interesting as Brood of Vipers or Undisputed Truth.  Paint by numbers hardcore, well enough done but not standout.

I've kind of lost interest in Impending Doom, but I'm adding this note in a thinly veiled effort to be on topic and not thread drift.  Good enough band, but in general they just don't hold my interest, at least after NDR and Serpent Servant.

This EP dropped early and I think it's basically Korn on steroids (Korn has a new song out, too, but I've never been a fan).

IMO, "Satanic Panic", "I Must End" and "Culture of Death" are three of the heaviest, most fun songs released this year. Lyrically, it sometimes seems like they are confronting demons and/or evil leaders. 

I think Seventh Star is on topic because - yeah - them and ID are the HEAVIEST artists in Facedown history (shout-out to War of Ages who is opening for ID this winter), and also the BEST, and we gotta throw in the eerie, dramatic and catchy Fleshkiller as well.  Hellbent, new EP from Impending Doom to be released in January... 1f607 

BringItDown
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by FivePointPunk Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:25 pm

Been a fan of Impending Doom for a long time now.  I actually really like Nailed, Dead, Risen, and I also love the fact that they've remained bold and unapologetic.  The Serpent Servant was a departure from the debut, but I still liked it.  After that, I thought they got better with every album up to Death Will Reign.  For me, that's their pinnacle album at this point, and I don't know if they can top it.

Seventh Star is another great band.  I loved The Undisputed Truth - they were great musically and lyrically.  I mean, come on, to have a song called For All the Saints where they screamed Perseverance of the Saints.....awww yeah!

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down