The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinderella question...

5 posters

Go down

Cinderella question... Empty Cinderella question...

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:50 pm

I collect mostly Christian oriented hard rock and metal with the exception of Whiteheart (moderate rock) and bands that don't quite fit under the Christian oriented category like Dream Theater, Impellitteri, MARS Project Driver, and MASS. Also, my wife and I like Bon Jovi. She likes most of their music and I like the classic music up to Keep the Faith and an occasional song after that period. Since Ritchie left they aren't the same band as he is an excellent back up singer to Jon Bon Jovi and a notable guitar player. I also enjoy other mainstream band in hard rock and metal but don't collect their music and to me the best era of music is the late 60's/early 70s to the early 90s and current and classic bands still doing music in that classic style. 

This brings me to the subject of Cinderella. To me they don't quite fit in the glam/pretty boy hard rock band like Warrant, Poison, etc. I found their music to be more of a gritty bluesy based hard rock, at times metal. Blues based hard rock like Rez, X-Sinner, AC/DC, Cinderella is one of my favorite syles of music. Cinderella released 4 great albums. While some of us are surprised of the passing of guitarist Jeff Labar with kind comments on the internet generally saying he was a kind soul and loved his fans, I have a technical question. Was Jeff Labar mostly the rhythm guitar player and Tom Keifer wanted to do most or all the solos live and on recordings, or was it a split? I've read there was discussions within the band about this and I'm not sure if that was rumors or true. Any comments are welcomed. 

If Cinderella to decide to get together with another guitarist I hope some day to see them live. I don't think that will ever happen but you never know. I hope to at least see Tom Keifer live at a club or a theater somewhere.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Cinderella question... Empty Re: Cinderella question...

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 pm

Jeff wasn't even their first guitarist.  I think Barry Bennadetta played on Night Songs.

I believe that Tom and Jeff swapped off leads.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:33 am

alldatndensum wrote:Jeff wasn't even their first guitarist.  I think Barry Bennadetta played on Night Songs.

I believe that Tom and Jeff swapped off leads.

I saw them live once and noticed that it did seem like Tom and Jeff traded off leads depending on the song.  I also think LaBar was with the band by the time they recorded their first full-length album "Night Songs".  Certainly a heavy blues influence on much of their recordings (especially after their debut).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:17 pm

It is HIGHLY doubtful they will ever reunite without Jeff. The band always swore they would never perform or record unless it was with the four guys in the original lineup. They stuck to that too. Tom Keifer has a burgeoning solo career. Fred Coury has become a successful producer. I don’t see Cinderella ever coming together again.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:32 pm

I saw them back after Long Cold Winter came out and Tom played lead on probably 3/4s of the songs. Tom solo is painful, his voice is shot.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:I saw them back after Long Cold Winter came out and Tom played lead on probably 3/4s of the songs. Tom solo is painful, his voice is shot.

The two tracks I heard from his new album were hard to listen to (vocally).  Musically still good, but man his voice sounds wrecked.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down