The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?

5 posters

Go down

O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?    Empty O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:17 pm

My enjoyment of Southern rock has resurfaced all of a sudden.   When I played guitar in a pick-up band in high school, 
we played Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, and Foghat, along with some classic rock.   

I am trying to find any decent Southern rock in the Christian realm.  
Could use some help in identifying some bands that are out there.

I'm familiar with the "hard Southern Rock / Southern metal" bands that are out there.  Not looking for those as much as I am really looking for bands more like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rossington-Collins Band, 38 Special, ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet, Allman Bros. Band, The Outlaws, Henry Paul Band, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Danny Joe Brown Band, etc.

Yesterday I found Billy Crain and Chainbreak3r.

What else is out there?

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?    Empty Re: O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:18 pm

Maybe try Kish Moody's "Holy Rock Revival" album.
Probably too many different influences on the album to truly call it a "Southern Rock" record.  But much of the album certainly fall into that category (at least as far as I can tell).  He's not afraid of guitar solos either.
Very much a worship album as well, but not in the poppy modern worship style.

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?    Empty Re: O.K. Who's Got The CHRISTIAN SOUTHERN ROCK?

Post by Constantine Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:Maybe try Kish Moody's "Holy Rock Revival" album.
Great find, I like him.  However I like his next album "Living Testimony" even better - it's more gritty and raw.  
I do not think that one was released on CD, just digital unless I am missing something.

So far I have also found a band called Chainbreak3r and am checking out the back catalog of Third Day.
Also Billy Crain (ex-Outlaws, Henry Paul Band) has done some Christian southern rock but it is subtle.
Will also check out the band Visions, although they are not on Spotify.  I figure there has to be more though.

However I have read that for some reason Christian Southern rock does not sell well (except for Third Day, but they are closer to a modern rock band at times).  I wonder why that is?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Vision is awesome.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Found a band called The Gibsons.   They have great guitar tone & attitude, the real deal as far as Southern rock goes.  
With a good producer and mixer, their material would come across so much better.  The material is uneven but when they hit a home run, they score.   

They have 5 albums released so far....the most consistent seems to be "Southern Rock Revival" from 2011.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:18 pm

For the ZZ Top feel, you gotta check out my projects by Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Staybrite, Andreas89 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:21 pm

Just discovered Rob Cassells / Rob Castles.   
Very good blues-rock / southern rock.  
Has been around since the late 70's.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krich Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:50 pm

As a kid, before I ever got in to hard rock and metal southern rock was definitely my jam!

Let us know if you find any other artists in this genre!
Krich
Krich
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down