The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera)

5 posters

Go down

Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera) Empty Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera)

Post by Frozen Fire Tue May 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Really interesting. Curious what the band is doing lyrically.

Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera) Empty Re: Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera)

Post by Kerrick Wed May 12, 2021 6:03 pm

Musically this is right up my ally!  It sounds really excellent.  Though I'm also very curious about the lyrics... as some of the Russian Orthodox beliefs I find problematic...  Time will tell I suppose!  I did see this on their FB which was interesting:

Gospod wrote:Who is behind the project?
George is the main active figure of videos. He has basic theological education (ROC), because I believe that without him it is very difficult to understand the essence and fullness of the faith of Christ. He is fully aware of the genre and the field on which this project operates. Surely this project is far from the church, but it is convinced that it can exist and carry the word of God, even in this genre.
(′′ About the sermon at rock concerts ′′ (Moscow, October 12, 2010) spoke by the Holy Patriarch of All Russia Kirill himself).
We live in a modern world, and this project has a soul, and as many have noticed, in their own way ′′ God-beneficial ".
Regarding religious practice and worldview, George is close to the Pomeranian agreement of the Ancient Orthodox Church (Old Belief). This is due to certain circumstances, since he lives abroad, far from the settlement.
He has recently taken up the iconography. Work and participation in this project, pushed it, and you can say inspired to do the Icon writing.
I think that everyone will also be interested in how we started joint activities with George?
The ways of the Lord are unconfident. The acquaintance occurred in summer 2020 One of the communities advised George to listen to several compositions, and he immediately liked the sound. After that he wrote to me and we immediately found a common language.
As for me, I'm not a church person, I'm a simple musician. But still I was promoted by the Lord to such creativity, although in such a specific way. My work found a response from George in his soul and he began to guide me a little, as he sincerely wanted the project to become as close to the canon as possible to the church. I also listen to George's instructions and he's my ideas and we both move in the same direction.
Peace to all †
#Orthodox | #Russia #Estonia

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera) Empty Re: Gospod - new Visions of God signing (Hesychast, Epta Estera)

Post by Son of Nun Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 pm

I actually contacted him to tell him about Vision of God Records and then told Duane about this project. I'm glad that it bore fruit.

That's funny Kerrick because I'm Orthodox and I find some Reformed beliefs problematic! I actually don't own a couple Theocracy records because of it.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am

You should get a free CD or something for the assist!  Haha very cool.

Valid, though you're missing out on some good Theocracy tunes!  But I totally understand that...  Yeah Orthodox and Reformed understandings of Scripture are definitely not too compatible once you get past the major stuff.  I'd be curious to learn more though, as I've never delved too deep into learning Orthodox understandings.  Feel free to create a thread in the Theology Realm if you'd like!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun May 16, 2021 2:44 pm

This is really great stuff.  Like a mash-up of OM with melodic black metal.  I dig it.  Relaxing extreme metal, good for writing or work when you need to concentrate and not be distracted.  It's good that they signed with Vision of God, although they could really have signed to a bigger label, even a non-Christian mainstream one.  They have a unique sound that could appeal to a much wider audience than the tiny Christian one.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun May 16, 2021 3:08 pm

I think "Conqueror" by them is one of the most amazing songs I've heard in awhile.  It's on their Amen EP from 2020 which has a bit more variety in the vocals than the other 2 EPs on Spotify.  They also have more releases on bandcamp.  I bought them all!  Thanks for bringing this band to my attention!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:00 pm

This is some really good stuff.  Does anyone know where to find the lyrics in English?   
Bandcamp has them but they are all in Russian.   cherry
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Finally getting the CD in tomorrow (no it wasn't free Crying or Very sad). Really excited about this one. I've tried to limit listening to it on Bandcamp but I did a little bit today and I'm stoked.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down