The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock

+2
WildWorld
BaleMaster
6 posters

Go down

Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock Empty Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2021 5:30 pm

https://boonesoverstock.com/products/electric-jesus-cd-soundtrack-comedy-christian-80s-hair-metal-band-316 

I am definitely on the fence about this, and I want to hear more before I decide to buy it or not. The 3:16 tracks I have heard sound ok, but I didn't like a couple of the others.

Back to top Go down

Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock Empty Re: Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock

Post by BaleMaster Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Hard pass.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock Empty Re: Electric Jesus Soundtrack CD - Boone's Overstock

Post by WildWorld Fri May 07, 2021 1:05 am

The first song isnt bad, but gets a bit too screechy around chorus time, and the second one has a horrendous mix.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm

"Let's all go commando for Christ"

Seriously? 
I guess this is supposed to be a mockumentary, but just based on this music it seems that the humor is way too subtle to be taken as comedy and almost looks more like straight ahead mocking of the entire 80's "Metal for Christ" movement.
Count me in with BaleMaster, I'm certainly going to pass.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:29 pm

Most people want to give this a pass. I am glad that I didn't.
It has many cringe worthy, campy, cheesy moments as intended to give insight to what many 80's Christian bands went through.
I don't think I laughed once. But did tear up a bit at the end.
Truly, it's a movie that is to be watched to the very end.
I have not seen a low budget 'Christian Movie' with such high critic scores.
I'm not convinced it is a 'Christian Movie' due to language.
Sit back and view this as a tribute to all budding 80's Christian bands.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:41 am

Im sctatching my head on this. Is this a movie poking fun of the Christian hard rock/metal scene, a parody or just a film about the struggles about being a Christian musician? Does anybody know?

They do a cover of Rez Love Comes down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpApq2kC7X4&t=44s. 

There is a  Steve Taylor & the Danielson Foil song "Ecstatic Delight". The album can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=electric+jesus+soundtrack

They do a cover of Stryper Makes me Wanna Sing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ3zFzHWK3c&list=OLAK5uy_ly5OJOiWnNmed67FDb_LBOhXnZ8I5IZUk&index=19.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Im sctatching my head on this. Is this a movie poking fun of the Christian hard rock/metal scens, a parody or just a film about the struggles about being a Christian musician? Soes anybody know?

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I know of the creators it was both a comedic and serious tribute to what it was like to be in the scene of that time.  For 99.9% of people in the world, including most who were in it, the Christian rock and hair metal scene of the 80s is inherently silly.  Heck, even the secular hair metal scene is funny to 95% of people.  But you can laugh at something and love it at the same time.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down