The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Faith - In Your Face CD - Roxx Records

+3
Temple of Blood
Follower of Jesus
mothy
7 posters

Go down

Combat Faith - In Your Face CD  - Roxx Records Empty Combat Faith - In Your Face CD - Roxx Records

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2021 6:44 pm

So this was just posted onto Roxx' YT page, but they don't even have a pre order up for it yet

Back to top Go down

Combat Faith - In Your Face CD  - Roxx Records Empty Re: Combat Faith - In Your Face CD - Roxx Records

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 1:33 pm

Good stuff cant wait for the release.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Combat Faith - In Your Face CD  - Roxx Records Empty Re: Combat Faith - In Your Face CD - Roxx Records

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue May 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Definite potential there. Sounds like a demo. The drums are too far in front of the mix. The lead guitar solo is buried. I like the vocals. With some professional production and mixing this band could be awesome.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 2:48 pm

It is demos from the eaely 90's
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 am

Sounds great!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed May 05, 2021 1:03 pm

The vocalist is great.   The riffs are kind of trite but it has that old school sound that I like.   
Would like to hear more samples from the demos/album.  Could only find one other song on You Tube.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Temple of Blood, alldatndensum and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 am

Not entirely my style, but still sounds very good!
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Fri May 14, 2021 10:28 pm

For those that didn't know, Combat Faith is an Albuquerque, New Mexico band. Former Combat Faith drummer Alan Tuma now plays in Ultimatum. Tuma was also in The Moshketeers and Stone's Folly before Ultimatum. Albert Baca went on to sing for Blood Justice and Stone's Folly.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2021 8:12 am

grandeped wrote:For those that didn't know, Combat Faith is an Albuquerque, New Mexico band. Former Combat Faith drummer Alan Tuma now plays in Ultimatum. Tuma was also in The Moshketeers and Stone's Folly before Ultimatum. Albert Baca went on to sing for Blood Justice and Stone's Folly.

Since I don't like the style of any of those other bands you mentioned, the chances of me liking Combat Faith enough to justify a $20 purchase just went down quite a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Ok. Well.....I gave in and ordered it as soon as it was available to order..hahahaha

I had gotten some unexpected money in PayPal that covered the shipping, so I only had to put in an extra $13 and change to get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu May 27, 2021 7:07 am

Bought4Life wrote:Ok. Well.....I gave in and ordered it as soon as it was available to order..hahahaha

I had gotten some unexpected money in PayPal that covered the shipping, so I only had to put in an extra $13 and change to get it.

I'd be curious to see what you thought about CF.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:Ok. Well.....I gave in and ordered it as soon as it was available to order..hahahaha

I'd be curious to see what you thought about CF.

The 3 songs I have heard so far I really like. I am used to listening to demos, so the recording quality, while not great, isn't as bad as some I have heard. 

They remind me a lot of an 80's band called Force3, or maybe even early Leviticus.

I got a little concerned about the ties to bands like Mortification or Ultimatum because I don't like those styles, so I had an unfounded fear that maybe that style was going to be evident in some of their other songs...but...I like the 3 I have heard enough to chance it at the price I got it for..lol

I'll let you know once I get the cd what I think

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 29, 2021 8:36 am

I am not a thrash fan, but I liked the overall feel of what I have heard of this and ordered it.

I did the new 5 CD bundle that Roxx has offered with their 5 new releases.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:48 am

This doesn't come off as a thrash album.  It is just straightforward metal.  While it is a CD combining two demos from Combat Faith, the mastering helps smooth out some of the roughness and makes it sound really good.  I will definitely be spinning this one more.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, Staybrite and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:27 am

Posted below is the 3rd song that is out there on You Tube.  Awesome screams at the end!
I would agree that this does not seem like a thrash album, it is more straight-forward 80's metal.  
I also found out that the bass player, Ric Buteau, has since passed away.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:52 am

I got the cd and have listened to it from start to finish once already, and I agree that this definitely is not what I would consider thrash, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I really like the album, especially the first half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:02 pm

I also enjoyed the album. Especially the first several tracks. Not terribly thrashy. Reminds me a bit of some songs in metal church's debut or anthrax s debut album. Great singer and I liked the drummer too.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 pm

Check it out, y'all !   

A full live show of Combat Faith at Calvary Chapel on a a Saturday night in Albuquerque, NM...sometime in the early 90's.

They were very good live.  I'm surprised no one ever signed them.  
Probably because it was the 90's...lean years for traditional metal.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:52 am

The singer for this band did a demo in 1995 for a metal band called Blood Justice.

Has anyone here heard it?  I can't find it anywhere.  I'd really like to hear it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Jbassr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down