The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks)

3 posters

Go down

Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks) Empty Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:47 pm

I haven't seen anyone really bring it up (anywhere, just not here), but Retroactive Records is releasing a remastered version Ransom's s/t album that includes 4 bonus tracks.

While there have far too many reissues recently that have given use ZERO additional tracks, this one gives us 4 demos added to the cd (two were previously on compilations only).

12 Sticks & Stones 4:32 (demo)

13 Sin Killer 4:04 (demo)

14 To Be Like You 5:00 (demo)

15 All My Heart 5:02 (First Aid demo)

From the site...

CD comes with high-quality foil-stamped band trading card

Includes FOUR bonus tracks!

2021 Remaster from Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound

Expanded 12-page lyrics insert with rare band pics

"Sin Killer" was included on the influential California Metal II Compilation

Vastly improved layout and graphics - you can't even read the song titled on the 2011 Intense Millennium reissue

Part of the exclusive Legends Remastered Series on Retroactive Records

"Lasting Love" was on the highly influential Hot Metal Summer IV Video release on Intense Records at the height of the MTV years.

This was one I was pretty happy to see come out, even though I do have the original and it sounds pretty good already

I ordered it

https://boonesoverstock.com/products/ransom-ransom-4-bonus-trading-card

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks) Empty Re: Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks)

Post by Constantine Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:42 pm

"Sin Killer" is one of their best songs so it is great they included that.
No plans to buy it, but it sounds like a good reissue.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks) Empty Re: Anyone else getting the Retroactive release of Ransom (has 4 bonus tracks)

Post by eatbugs Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm

Those four demos are also on the last reissue.

Maybe it has to do with licensing, but I'd rather see them/him focus on stuff that has not been reissued (and maybe doesn't exist on CD).  I'm interested in the White Heart reissues that just came out.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:41 am

Intense Millenium re-released this album in 2010, also remastered, and containing (I think) the same bonus tracks. It’s not like this was a highly sought after album to begin with. I would think whoever wanted it and didn’t have it (like me) would have gotten it then. So, 11 years later Retroactive does the same thing. Yawn.

They’re far better off going after stuff that hasn’t already been remastered and re-released, like the new Whiteheart and Allies stuff, for example.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down