The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true?

+3
alldatndensum
eatbugs
Constantine
7 posters

Go down

New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true? Empty New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true?

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:44 pm

What does anyone here think of this?   

Personally I am not so sure it has that effect on everyone or at every time, but see what you think.

Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety according to a new study
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true? Empty Re: New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true?

Post by eatbugs Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:52 pm

What do I think?  I think it's a cosmetic surgery place, not a psychologist and not peer reviewed.  There's no link to the study anyway.

Metal would lower my BP for sure, but that's because I like it.  I think doing something we enjoy would reduce BP and anxiety.  Metal would (and probably did) raise my parents' anxiety.  I wish any "music affects people like this" study would factor in what kind of music the sample actually likes.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true? Empty Re: New study says that Heavy Metal lowers blood pressure and reduces anxiety - true?

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:45 am

I think it needs to be looked at further and peer reviewed as well.  But, burning off stress through music would easily reduce the BP for a lot of people regardless of genre.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:33 pm

Eatbugs summed it up regarding this "new study". To be honest, any time I encounter "new study" links online, I see them as little more than spam or click-bait.

Probably because asking 1000+ people questions and assuming the resulting answers will apply to all 7+ billion people on the planet is what qualifies as a "study" anymore these days.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:51 pm

That’s a cynical assessment.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:58 pm

They didn't add the caveat that discussing metal and theology raises blood pressure to such a degree that it offsets any positive effects.

Razz Razz Razz

(Just kidding; trying to keep the mood light!)

Tyrant
Tyrant

TZ75, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm

TZ75 wrote:That’s a cynical assessment.

That's a typical judgment from you...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:They didn't add the caveat that discussing metal and theology raises blood pressure to such a degree that it offsets any positive effects.

Razz Razz Razz

lol!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:18 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
TZ75 wrote:That’s a cynical assessment.

That's a typical judgment from you...

A typical accusation from you...
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Easy you two...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 pm

Everyone, I'd like to say how sorry I am for single handedly ruining the other 'righteous bands' thread that had to be locked.  I just wanted to say, its nothing personal to anyone.  Its not even personal to that topic.  Its just....   complicated.  

No excuses, its my fault.  My apologies.  I'm just prone to be a terrible online personality too often...  and sometimes sabotaging myself from going online in this "mode" works, and sometimes it does not.

To try to contribute something of worth to this topic, I can honestly say, I don't really feel less anxious or less stress (lower BP?) with my favorite metal.  Even Christian metal.  There is times where I listen to it, and its a little shot of energy.  Other times I listen to it, I'm ready to try to throw a truck at a plane.

It is never relaxing to me.

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, TZ75 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 pm

Kerrick wrote:They didn't add the caveat that discussing metal and theology raises blood pressure to such a degree that it offsets any positive effects.

Razz Razz Razz

😁😜
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:10 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Everyone, I'd like to say how sorry I am for single handedly ruining the other 'righteous bands' thread that had to be locked.  I just wanted to say, its nothing personal to anyone.  Its not even personal to that topic.  Its just....   complicated.  

No excuses, its my fault.  My apologies.  I'm just prone to be a terrible online personality too often...  and sometimes sabotaging myself from going online in this "mode" works, and sometimes it does not.

To try to contribute something of worth to this topic, I can honestly say, I don't really feel less anxious or less stress (lower BP?) with my favorite metal.  Even Christian metal.  There is times where I listen to it, and its a little shot of energy.  Other times I listen to it, I'm ready to try to throw a truck at a plane.

I know what you mean. We all have our bad days. Peace brother!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 am

This thread is a good reminder that I need to get my blood pressure medication reassessed.

Really enjoy listening to music in general including metal but does nothing for my bp or anxiety levels.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:02 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:There is times where I listen to it, and its a little shot of energy.  Other times I listen to it, I'm ready to try to throw a truck at a plane.

There is something to this too.  Metal is exciting music.  It probably raises BP/adrenaline/etc. as much as lowers it.  I imagine we're more likely to get pulled over for speeding while listening to Tourniquet than Phil Keaggy.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:24 pm

Maybe if you are listening to the music while exercising. I think the heart rate will rise, but the stress will decrease.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down