The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock?

+5
Dustofyears
Pethead
Black Rider
MagnusPrime
Christian Thrash Rules
9 posters

Go down

TBA

Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? I_vote_lcap100%Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 8 ]
Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? I_vote_lcap0%Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? I_vote_lcap0%Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? Empty Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:42 am

We got into a big debate about this on another thread so thought I should start this.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? Empty Re: Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock?

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am

Thrash & Roll.

It's heavy metal.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? Empty Re: Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock?

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:47 am

Anyone saying it's not heavy metal is either young or ignorant.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:47 am

Neither. It’s clearly post-thrash.

Just kidding. Heavy metal. But not as metal as the true Black Album—Smell the Glove.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Staybrite, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:50 am

Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? 3b7d8e18-7ecc-4c71-8ab6-3e879167b101_text
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:53 am

You took this out of context. When you know what the you're talking about come back and we'll chat, otherwise— learn more, talk less.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:08 am

Dustofyears wrote:You took this out of context. When you know what the you're talking about come back and we'll chat, otherwise— learn more, talk less.
What do you mean? I do know what I'm talking about. You said TBA is rock and I know it's metal.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:12 am

Doesn't matter. It's awesome 😎
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:16 am

Read the original. and the original post it's all there. Of course it's heavy metal, it's got thrash in it.  The base of the album is heavy rock! All those bands, like Die Happy, TQT and Deliverance stopped thrash and played heavy rock because of that album. Yes they still have heavy metal in it because if the thrash elements"... Now go listen to that Alice in chains video I posted, which is Heavy Rock, add some thrash elements to that sound...now does the black album sound closer to that or Judas Priest. It's all there IN context.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:17 am

Samson wrote:Doesn't matter. It's awesome 😎
This is true.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:18 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:You took this out of context. When you know what the you're talking about come back and we'll chat, otherwise— learn more, talk less.
What do you mean? I do know what I'm talking about. You said TBA is rock and I know it's metal.
The ignore feature is your friend. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:30 am

I mean to begin with you were calling Count down to Extinction a thrash album lolz.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:44 am

Heavy Rock (add thrash elements)

Heavy Metal

Which one does TBA sound closer to...

Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:02 am

Dustofyears wrote:Read the original. and the original post it's all there. Of course it's heavy metal, it's got thrash in it.  The base of the album is heavy rock! All those bands, like Die Happy, TQT and Deliverance stopped thrash and played heavy rock because of that album. Yes they still have heavy metal in it because if the thrash elements"... Now go listen to that Alice in chains video I posted, which is Heavy Rock, add some thrash elements to that sound...now does the black album sound closer to that or Judas Priest. It's all there IN context.
I'm not saying Heavy Rock isn't a thing. TBA is most def not rock. Heavy Metal is a broad sub-genre. Also JP is traditional metal not heavy. For it to be rock, it can't be metal, which it very much is.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:04 am

Dustofyears wrote:I mean to begin with you were calling Count down to Extinction a thrash album lolz.
Metallica Black Album, Heavy Metal or Heavy Rock? VPSuCzm3iCHAEOAKGQiBTSFyt8YLnzUlbLWI8H0eAI5DTEPgfdEOqxCmqjhoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:09 am

Did you listen to Alice and chains song... that is heavy rock. Now listen to the Metallica song after it. Yes it's still Metal, but the base of the album is Heavy rock. Just listen to the songs, it's right there for you to hear.

How the heck I allow myself to get into this lolz. Listen if you want to learn. Don't if you don't.

Count down to extinction is not a thrash metal album. May as well say load is a thrash metal album too because Metallica wrote it...ok I'm done. Count Down to extinction is thrash/rock album like TBA. Cheers.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am; edited 5 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:13 am

Dustofyears wrote:Did you listen to Alice and chains song... that is heavy rock. Now listen to the Metallica song after it. Yes it's still Metal, but the base of the album is Heavy rock. Just listen to the songs, it's right there for you to hear.

How the heck I allow myself to get into this lolz. Listen if you want to learn. Don't if you don't.

Count down to extinction is not a thrash metal album. May as well say load is a thrash metal album too because Metallica wrote it...ok I'm done. Count Down to extinction is thrash/rock album like TBA. Cheers.
Load/ReLoad can be considered Heavy Rock/Alt. Metal.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:30 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Read the original. and the original post it's all there. Of course it's heavy metal, it's got thrash in it.  The base of the album is heavy rock! All those bands, like Die Happy, TQT and Deliverance stopped thrash and played heavy rock because of that album. Yes they still have heavy metal in it because if the thrash elements"... Now go listen to that Alice in chains video I posted, which is Heavy Rock, add some thrash elements to that sound...now does the black album sound closer to that or Judas Priest. It's all there IN context.
I'm not saying Heavy Rock isn't a thing. TBA is most def not rock. Heavy Metal is a broad sub-genre. Also JP is traditional metal not heavy. For it to be rock, it can't be metal, which it very much is.
Also JP is traditional metal not heavy.

Last thought for the day then this thread can sink its way down into oblivion.  Judas priest is a NWOBHM band. They are pioneers. They are Heavy Metal— traditional heavy metal. New Wave Of British Heavy Metal.

Which, along with punk, thrash came from.

RIP thread.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:44 am

Metallica went from thrash(KEA,RTL,MOP,AJFA) to heavy metal(TBA) then to heavy rock/alt. metal(L,RL) then to nu metal(SA) then back to thrash(DM,HTSD,72S) I had a metal subgenre tree picture to prove this but it kept saying "posted message is to long" for some reason idk.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:53 am

I'm not saying it's not part of the Heavy metal tree. But it's base is heavy rock with thrash elements. It's still metal. If it was watered down thrash, it would sound more like heavy metal.

It's not rock or hard rock or heavy metal that thrash was born from... like I suggested, just listen to the Alice in chains song and you'll see what Heavy rock actually is. Now add some thrash elements to that. What you have is the Black album.

Ok this thread can die a slow death now. I'm just repeating myself aimlessly lolz. Cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:34 pm

Not worth arguing about like some here seem to think, but I consider it metal. Not thrash though
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:31 pm

It's Bob Rock Metal
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:23 pm

Superjuice wrote:It's Bob Rock Metal
Ok, he's right. End of discussion.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:44 pm

It would have been better had they hired Bob Metal instead
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down