The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revulsed

5 posters

Go down

Revulsed Empty Revulsed

Post by Dustofyears Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello everyone.  So I have only just recently found out 'Revulsed' have been around since 2015.  Revulsed, as the name implies, is a technical death metal band from Australia with Jayson Sherlock in the main engine room playing drums.   I don't really keep up with the modern Christian stuff and kind of live in the past glories, and Probably, I imagine, you guys are way ahead of me and already realize all of this. 

My question is (and not that it matters really, I am just curious to know) are Revulsed labelled as a christian band?  Not that labels matter to me, but do you guys, mostly being Christians, listen to them even if they aren't labelled as such? 

Anyway, I have a heard a little of their music and if you like technical death metal like suffocation, this'll be a feast for your ears.

Thanks and have a nice day
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Revulsed Empty Re: Revulsed

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:31 pm

I saw Jayson Sherlock talking about Revulsed a few years ago in an interview with Pastor Bob Beeman.

But that's a good question. As Jayson played for a number of christian metal bands, I assumed that this band should be christian, as well. But we don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by yaark Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am

Jayson writes the lyrics for the most part and his faith is laid throughout the lyrics, but are not overtly in your face.

I don't think they consider themselves to be a christian band as in such, but Jayson certainly points to God for the way things have come together for the band, which you can read and hear in previous interviews. As far as I know Jayson and Sheldon still identify as Christians.

yaark
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:50 am

I listen to the band and enjoy what they do. I think there are certainly some nods to faith in the lyrics but you can't understand it anyway. I think generally you'd say the whole album lyrically focuses on the grotesque depravity of man read out with commensurate lyrics. It reads like a medical dictionary. In other words, it is classic death metal.

Some nods to faith(?) amidst the totality of the lyrics:

"Solitary alleviation, ingest the flesh and blood of the innocent" from Rapacious Engorgement

"Only He, His omnipotence can tame this brutal savagery. Covering bloodshed with bloodshed convalesce the inflictions caused" from Pestilential Articulation

"Replacement of defilement with salubrious constitution, a new transmuted form, a state of alteration. Incorruption administered, appeal of the master surgeon, continued abscission" from Transmuted Craniotomy"

I'll say I don't think the aim of the band is to be labeled Christian at all. It's not a ministry. They are not connected to the Christian scene at all. I'd say to promote them as Christian to anyone would be a weird thing to do. Most people wouldn't get it by listening or without a detailed reading of lyrics. If Jayson stopped writing the lyrics, with what little there may be, you may not have anything left to point to at all.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

1620, Constantine and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 am

Dustofyears wrote:My question is (and not that it matters really, I am just curious to know) are Revulsed labelled as a christian band?  Not that labels matter to me, but do you guys, mostly being Christians, listen to them even if they aren't labelled as such? 

Anyway, I have a heard a little of their music and if you like technical death metal like suffocation, this'll be a feast for your ears.

Thanks and have a nice day
Labels don't matter much to me.  I enjoy Revulsed (and Suffocation) regardless of how they're essentialized.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I'll say I don't think the aim of the band is to be labeled Christian at all. It's not a ministry. They are not connected to the Christian scene at all. I'd say to promote them as Christian to anyone would be a weird thing to do. Most people wouldn't get it by listening or without a detailed reading of lyrics. If Jayson stopped writing the lyrics, with what little there may be, you may not have anything left to point to at all.
The above sums it up nicely.  Revulsed have a really good sound - good technical death metal, nicely done. 
But I would not consider them part of the Christian metal scene per se so I wouldn't list them as a Christian band, but more of a "Christian(s) in a band" situation.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down