The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY

3 posters

Go down

DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY Empty DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY

Post by Constantine Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Dawnbreaker's best album by far!    

This is a very cinematic, epic work in the classic symphonic black metal style. 

It is a Christian concept album with the theme of a Light Warrior being summoned to do battle with the forces of Satan that have taken over the land.   40+ minutes long and a really good listen.
Highly recommended!  

CD's are available for only $7 postage-paid on the band's own Bandcamp site here,
plus you get a free MP3 / MP4 / FLAC Version to download:

Dawnbreaker CD's & Digital

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY Empty Re: DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I agree. The album is absolutely fantastic! One of the best CBM albums I've heard over the past few years. I thought the sound of the first two was great but the songwriting I wasn't thrilled about. They ended up blending together for me and because of that they didn't get the listens to pull out the details. This, every track has something to draw me back to it. I was and am very surprised by this. I love how forward the lyrics are as well and that they are discernible.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY Empty Re: DAWNBREAKER - Vanquished Horrible Night - unBlack / Death Metal from NY

Post by Constantine Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:04 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I thought the sound of the first two was great but the songwriting I wasn't thrilled about. They ended up blending together for me and because of that they didn't get the listens to pull out the details. This, every track has something to draw me back to it. I was and am very surprised by this. I love how forward the lyrics are as well and that they are discernible.
Exactly!   The 1st two albums established the fact that they had a brutal sound, but there was almost no melody to speak of and the songs seemed too long and monotonous.   This is a totally different approach and I think it works well for them....well, him (it's really a one man band).
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:28 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.   This is a seriously faith-based band with an excellent new album.  
The music is brutal and well-constructed and the lyrics are very intelligent.  Well worth a few minutes to give a song or two a listen.   It may very well end up on my Top 10 for the year.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:18 pm

The album sounds great. Haven't bought it yet though. I haven't read through all the lyrics, but I will say that "Lady of the Snows" has some lyrics that concern me a little bit. It's about Mary, and he even cites 2 Maccabees. It's about Mary leading people to Christ, which is weird, because the work of salvation is accomplished entirely by God Himself, and His Word is the primary means used for this. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Rom 10:17)
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:47 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:The album sounds great. Haven't bought it yet though. I haven't read through all the lyrics, but I will say that "Lady of the Snows" has some lyrics that concern me a little bit. It's about Mary, and he even cites 2 Maccabees. It's about Mary leading people to Christ, which is weird, because the work of salvation is accomplished entirely by God Himself, and His Word is the primary means used for this. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Rom 10:17)

I completely understand that.

Bridge Between Worlds is about Christ's presence in the Eucharist. He tends to speak highly of how much he identifies with various pro-Catholic doctrinal stances. Since I'm not entirely sure where it all comes from I have left it as a benefit of the doubt kind of thing. You can read Cullen's commentary on every track on the band's Facebook page if you get more curious.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Oh interesting, I didn't realize he did commentary. I'll probably take a look at that. Thanks.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down