The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records

4 posters

Go down

New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records Empty New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records

Post by Constantine Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:34 pm

NEW Album just released by True Strength on Roxx Records, called "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh"

I wasn't terribly impressed by their past output but IMO this is their best effort by far.
There are some new members now, and the vocalist is still George Tsalikis from Zandelle.

They have an underground 80's metal sound with a touch of 70's rock, similar to bands like Messenger, Tyrant, and Seventh Servant.   You can also hear touches of Manowar, Steel Assassin, early Iron Maiden, Warlord, and Virgin Steele, plus an overall more medieval feel in the new material.

The lyrics on this one are all based on the Book of Joshua.

The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh on Bandcamp

CD's are available at Roxx, Amazon, and Ebay (Roxx store).

Also the band has announced the following on their website:  "As a reminder, the band's portion of the digital sales will be donated to the International Christian Concern, an organization that assists persecuted Christians around the world and their families. We want you to know that you are helping people every time you download or stream our music!! Thank you for all that you do!!"

Best tracks IMO are in the middle:  Burning of Ai, The Sun Stands Still Upon Gibeon, Five Kings Are Put To The Sword, The Southern Cities Fall
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Superjuice and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records Empty Re: New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records

Post by mothy Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:45 pm

I've had it for a couple.of weeks and whole heartledly agree with your write up
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records Empty Re: New TRUE STRENGTH - "The Mighty Hand Of Yahweh" - just released on Roxx Records

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:29 am

Sounds like they have a better drum sound on this one. I agree with your assessment of sound and I think they owe a lot to Manilla Road.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 am

Nice call on Manilla Road....
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:45 pm

One of those bands that never broke but put out an insane amount of albums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Yeah I definitely see the Manilla Road comparison too.
I was never a fan so have not listened to them much,
although "Necropolis" is a great song.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:33 am

I need to listen to this band again.

I liked what I heard, but on their older releases at least I heard a lot more Maiden than Manilla Road.

EDIT: Listening to this album .... GREAT stuff!! Yes, I definitely see the later Manilla Road comparison.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 pm

After spending more time with this album, I have come to the conclusion that about 60-65% of it is great and 40-45% got a bit tiresome.    Overall though it has a nice sound and is certainly the best album they've done overall.  
Looking forward to hearing more from them in the future.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Epic bands are generally not as direct as I favor ... But looking at this music as epic metal I think it has been done as well as most anyone I've heard

The musicianship and production is at a really high level
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down