The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy)

+4
strangerhoncho
Black Rider
eatbugs
Lex Metalis
8 posters

Go down

A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy) Empty A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy)

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:00 pm

The Waymaker: 

Lyric Video

Full album (CD, LP and streaming)

https://orcd.co/the-waymaker-album
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy) Empty Re: A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy)

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy) Empty Re: A day with 4 releases (The Waymaker, Zhakiah, Pantokrator and Death Therapy)

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Pantokrator:

Lyric video

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Death Therapy:

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:14 am

Are Waymaker or Zhakiah going to get US distribution?  I'll order overseas if I have to, but shipping is expensive and it takes longer.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 am

Just so people know, that Pantokrater video has nudity. Lyrically it's fine but I think they're crossing a line with the pictures.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:17 pm

You mean the crappy drawing?  There's nothing erotic about it.  I think it's fine to depict the human body.  God made it and said it was good.  The song is about physical love in marriage and I think they did it as tastefully as they could without completely pissing off the Pharisees that continue to police Christian artistic expression.  My hat is off to them.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:30 pm

So if you want to be careful with seeing images that may cause some to stumble it's being a Pharisee? Good to know.  And pretty sure some of those pics aren't drawings.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:22 pm

I watched the Pantokrater video.  I agree with Black Rider on giving a trigger warning, especially since it is not just drawings involved.  I have a high tolerance for sexual anything but was also a bit unsure about where they were going with this.  
Musically it is a great track though.

Listened to the entire Waymaker album yesterday.  It is much better than I expected, even though for me personally, the Stryper cover is a skip track.  Thing is, the entire album is only 35 minutes, 25 seconds long so it feels like it is over too soon.   Lots of energy though.  Fantastic guitarwork, dense but clear production, great mixing.  
Lyrics and choruses sometimes feel a bit simplistic though.   Still, great work and highly recommended.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:23 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:You mean the crappy drawing?  There's nothing erotic about it.  I think it's fine to depict the human body.  God made it and said it was good.  The song is about physical love in marriage and I think they did it as tastefully as they could without completely pissing off the Pharisees that continue to police Christian artistic expression.  My hat is off to them.

I'm curious what your definition of erotic is then...  Those images weren't just depictions of the human body - they were specifically sexual.  I really dig Pantokrator and think it's cool that they've got lyrics straight from Song Of Solomon... but IMO that video was made with pretty poor taste.  Whoever the model(s) is/are in the video, they're not the viewer' wife (with the obvious exception of the models' husbands) but those images are meant to arouse.  Yes, God created sexuality and in its correct context of marriage and privacy, it's a wonderful thing.  But while the video acknowledges the marriage part, it fails to acknowledge the private/intimate part by inviting fantasy/lust in.  Is the viewer supposed to imagine their wife (or future wife) when watching the video instead?  I don't know what they were trying to get at, but I just can't see how that's justifiable or proper.

One thing to note though is that they're Swedish and the modern Scandinavian culture is by-and-large not very modest when it comes to sexuality.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, crucifyd, Frozen Fire and 1620 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:06 pm

I'm just finishing a 14 week, 5 day a week devotional on sexual addiction with a brother in Christ. We've talked through a tremendous amount of good, bad and ugly. We've been through a lot in the battle (29 years for me and 11 of those in Christ). It's courteous to others to mention something. Some people fall far harder than others over these things. Thank God it didn't do that to me but my brother would have stumbled mightily. I don't think it's unfair, legalistic or judgmental to say something. The song is amazing, I'll look forward to the album but I won't have others watch the video.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, Kerrick and 1620 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:41 am

eatbugs wrote:Are Waymaker or Zhakiah going to get US distribution?  I'll order overseas if I have to, but shipping is expensive and it takes longer.

I really don't know (yet) bro, but I'll search for an answer...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm

eatbugs wrote:Are Waymaker or Zhakiah going to get US distribution?  I'll order overseas if I have to, but shipping is expensive and it takes longer.

Christian answered that:

"Distribution in USA for Narnia , The Waymaker, Zhakiah etc goes through 
super d / amped

http://www.sdcd.com/

https://www.ampeddistribution.com/about-us
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Awesome.  I guess I could have searched harder myself.  I don't see either on my usual distro sites.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:21 pm

Constantine wrote:
Listened to the entire Waymaker album yesterday.  It is much better than I expected, even though for me personally, the Stryper cover is a skip track.  Thing is, the entire album is only 35 minutes, 25 seconds long so it feels like it is over too soon.   Lots of energy though.  Fantastic guitarwork, dense but clear production, great mixing.  
Lyrics and choruses sometimes feel a bit simplistic though.   Still, great work and highly recommended.
+1
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down