The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines

+6
deathisgain
Grindboy
Hardcore Christian
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
Kerrick
10 posters

Go down

Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines Empty Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Who else got the new Death Therapy and what do you think about it?

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines Empty Re: Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:03 pm

I've listened to it, surprised how modern rock it sounds at times.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines Empty Re: Death Therapy - Melancholy Machines

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:12 pm

I love Becoming the Archetype and bought the first DT. I stopped there because I never really listened to it. Not sure if I'd ever enjoy any of it.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 am

Yeah, that song is the first one I have listened to since they announced it
I knew that with switching to Tooth and Nail off of Solid State that it was going to be in the more electronic/poppy side that Jason was experimenting with previously

So yes, glad I passed on this one after listening to that song Wink
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:44 pm

I've listened to the album a few times now and am starting to formulate opinions about it haha.  For one, the whole thing is indeed quite a bit more modern/poppy than anything they've done in the past.  There are hardly any harsh vocals on it and the melodies are pretty catchy.  However, there's also a lot going on in the background that should make for rewarding repeated/careful listens.  I appreciate that it's something different and no DT release is the same, though I think they're at their best (at least by my preferences) with their heavier, eclectic stuff like Darkening Counsel, etc.  I'll be curious how they'll continue to shift/develop with whatever next release they've got up their sleeves.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:57 pm

I only have Storm before the Calm, but this sounds different but I could probably dig it.  IMO it doesn't always work out, but I appreciate his willingness to take chances, when he's hit it's often spectacular.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:56 pm

I'm liking it better than "Voices"
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:14 pm

So I was listening to it while driving yesterday and I gotta say, it's much better listened to while driving than sitting at your desk working!  I found myself enjoying it significantly more when in the car, for whatever reason haha.

deathisgain wrote:I'm liking it better than "Voices"

Musically, I think Voices is my favorite.  Lyrically I like the demo and The Storm... the most.  (The lyrics to It's Okay rub me the wrong way some, though in this case I give Jason the benefit of the doubt.)  The lyrics to Melancholy Machines are good though for the most part not as overtly Christian as their earlier stuff.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:32 am

Just finished "Bad Day to Die."  Whoa Nelly.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Kerrick wrote:So I was listening to it while driving yesterday and I gotta say, it's much better listened to while driving than sitting at your desk working!  I found myself enjoying it significantly more when in the car, for whatever reason haha.

deathisgain wrote:I'm liking it better than "Voices"

Musically, I think Voices is my favorite.  Lyrically I like the demo and The Storm... the most.  (The lyrics to It's Okay rub me the wrong way some, though in this case I give Jason the benefit of the doubt.)  The lyrics to Melancholy Machines are good though for the most part not as overtly Christian as their earlier stuff.

Voices seemed drearier to me and turned me off. Overall his music tends to lean towards the navel gazing, but this one I found better. So far "Bad Day to Die" and "Pls Snd Hlp" are stuck in my head.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:18 pm

Pls Snd Hlp reminds me of Deitaphobia a bit and I like it but mostly these songs aren't grabbing me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:38 pm

deathisgain wrote:Voices seemed drearier to me and turned me off. Overall his music tends to lean towards the navel gazing, but this one I found better. So far "Bad Day to Die" and "Pls Snd Hlp" are stuck in my head.

You say "drearier" as if it's a bad thing!  Aren't you into doom metal or something?   Razz  Haha though yes, much of DT's stuff is indeed a bit "emo" in theme, but there's always that hope which I greatly appreciate.  I think Jason really wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to DT's lyrics which is commendable, and it never feels disingenuous.

The more I listen to the new album, the more it's growing on me.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:19 pm

I listened to (just about) the whole thing on Spotify and nothing grabbed me in any way.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Constantine wrote:I listened to (just about) the whole thing on Spotify and nothing grabbed me in any way.

Someone summon the BANHAMMER!!! Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:36 pm

I'm listening to this again and liking it better this time. Seem to be able to appreciate this style more these days.
I do prefer industrial with a more goth-darkwave sound though, this doesn't seem to have a lot of that compared to past works.

I just listened to "The Storm Before The Calm" before this and that is a really good album.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:12 am

L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:16 am

One of the funniest movies ever made.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down