The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride

+5
Kerrick
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
Constantine
cailen
9 posters

Go down

Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei                   Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride Empty Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride

Post by cailen Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:15 am

Hi you all,

The recordings for our new album "being towards a river" have been finished in march.

Some insiders and back ground informations to the MUSIC:
BEEING TOWARDS A RIVER was planned as an in your face Speed and Thrash EP – in addition and as an contrast to the debut “OUT FROM THE DEPTH OF THE GRAVE”. The Graves considered this addition to be more fluent than the complex debut. During the creative writing process it developed into something more. Old school Thrash was, is and will forever be the most favorite style of the Graves and always will be there nevertheless there are no limits in writing music and arts. The writing process for this album lead to another direction then formerly intended which was unexpected but exciting.
The Old School Thrash fan gets the in your face Speed and Thrash EP that was originally planned. But if you are listening the whole album songwise backwards you can hear the formation of Heavy Metal music itself. Starting at its origins with the sound of bands like Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Rainbow, the Scorpions of the 70ies and of course Black Sabbath, moving on to the NWOBHM and later on Speed and Thrash Metal, it ends with a doomy or gothic like track.

There are some delays due to covid 19 but here is a little appetiser: Our lyricvideo to the song "Panta Rhei"   
- Enjoy and tell us your thoughts   -   Cailen

cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Tombie, Constantine, BaleMaster and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei                   Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride Empty Re: Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride

Post by Constantine Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:20 am

Wow, I really enjoy this.  It reminds me of older Sanctuary material with the late Warrel Dane.  I am going to check out the prior material now.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei                   Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride Empty Re: Adorned Graves - Panta Rhei Lyricvideo with Dale Thompson of Bride

Post by Christian metal Horde Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:18 am

This song is amazing!
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:26 am

Really like that, I agree with the Warrel Dane comparison and also has a Judas Priest sound, kind of All Guns Blazing vibe.Dale hasn't sounded this good in awhile. Wonder if they've dropped the doom sound?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Sounds great!

Black Rider wrote: Wonder if they've dropped the doom sound?

I believe I saw that this album was going to be much more thrash/heavy-metal oriented though I hope they haven't dropped all the doom since that was my favorite aspect of their sound.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:15 am

I'll be curious to hear more songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by DilemnaNation Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 am

I really enjoyed the first album and am looking forward to hearing the new one.  I have to say that Dale's vocal's have more bite on this track than I've heard in a long while!
DilemnaNation
DilemnaNation
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:23 am

WOW ! Like Like It !   I've Been a big Dale Thompson fan way back to his Matrix days! Good to hear he can still belt out a good tune!Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

DilemnaNation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Always down for new thrash/sped metal. Hard to find in the scene these days! I wonder if the other tracks will be more thrash/speed?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:04 am

Hi,

thanks a lot for all the good and nice comments! Cool That you like the song. 

I agree with the Sanctuary and Judas Priest comparisons although we haven’t thought about these bands while recording. 

I also agree in the thoughts about Dales contribution on this song. He is phenomenal and very professional. He really shines here. We wrote a traditional 80ies metal song and he made it sound like that. He sounds really really great here. One of my alltime faves is Brides Live to die album and he still can match most of these screams as you can hear. We were overwhelmed and our producer did the right things during the mix.

As for the Doom and Thrash questions.
Listen to our song „Adorned Graves“: This is the kind of music we love and will forever play in this band. We are huge Black Sabbath and Trouble Fans and of course love Tourniquet, Martyr / Betrayal, Believer, Deliverance, The Crucified and last but not least Vengeance Rising of course and also like the music of Slayer or Metallica.
This is the music we love and will forever play.

As for the music on THIS record (You can read my comment above)

This album was planned as a Speed and Thrash Ep but developed into a history lesson of Heavy Metal music. You have all styles from 1970 until 1993. That said it is not a typical Adorned Graves album. 

So the music is quite diverse here:

Some songs are a lot faster then Panta Rhei and some songs are more melodic or epic than Panta Rhei.

There are two old school Thrash Songs in Slayer and old and early Tourniquet style (about 12 minutes)
and there are also a few doomy moments.

The rest is very traditional METAL like Warlord, Maiden, Priest, old Bride. I can’t wait to give you guys a listen! 

Wait for more to come in a few weeks.

Cailen

Last edited by cailen on Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Christian metal Horde, 1620 and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Cool!  

Glad to see AG is staying active and keeping the scene thriving!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

cailen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down