The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Kirkpatrick and Ripper Owens... working together again

+11
Frozen Fire
Airola
TZ75
KaramKaram
BaleMaster
average joe
Ted Kirkpatrick
WildWorld
deathisgain
Temple of Blood
Black Rider
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick and Ripper Owens... working together again - Page 2 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick and Ripper Owens... working together again

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Black Rider wrote:Wow, we have really become shallow in our beliefs. This movie shows Jesus as a man, a confused man who isn't sure why he needs to die. I can't believe so many would support this kind of movie.

It is a piece of art, made by artists to the art-loving people. Art is supposed to be controversial. I really don´t see this "shallowing" you claim. It is a totally different thing to enjoy art of a diffrerent kind and to live a fully christian life. I think mature christian doesn´t let art to dictate the nature of a belief. Belief is a personal relationship with God the father and Jesus Christ. Art is... just art, something you can see or hear, and enjoy, but it is not the foundation of belief. 

Of course if your own conviction doesn´t allow you to see art that is not fully based on scriptures, then just don´t watch it or listen to it. But don´t claim people who don´t have such restrictions you have. It is about every ones own hearts, what to see and hear, of what kind of art they want to support. 

We have a huge amounts of christians who do not operate on the business of "christian music" or "christian art" and we still listen to them because they are "own boys and girls at the secular market". Should they stop doing it? Why it is then a big issue if an artist, who is known to be doing "christian art" is doing a project like this?

I haven´t been interested the late TQT albums for my own reasons, but this projetct is interesting and I support Ted & company for this.

Back to top Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick and Ripper Owens... working together again - Page 2 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick and Ripper Owens... working together again

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Listening to secular music and supporting a misrepresentation of Jesus are two separate things.

Art is not always supposed to be controversial.  The irony is that portraying Christ as he really was was too controversial for this mainstream piece of "art".
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 pm

They've invented a different Christ, a false god and yet we want to defend it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Listening to secular music and supporting a misrepresentation of Jesus are two separate things.

Art is not always supposed to be controversial.  The irony is that portraying Christ as he really was was too controversial for this mainstream piece of "art".

Bingo!  Completely agree.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Listening to secular music and supporting a misrepresentation of Jesus are two separate things.

They’ve been trying to water down his message since the beginning.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:48 pm

To be honest, I only liked them during the Luke years.  Tourniquet is no longer a band--it is just Ted working with whomever he can get.  I really don't care about anything he does with the Tourniquet name nowadays.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:57 pm

The voice of reason!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:18 am

You have your right to think so. I have mine. Like I said, I don´t think this as big issue as it is taken here. I enjoyed a lot when the movie Last temptation of Christ came out. Why, because it offered an alternative storyline to the greatest story of time. It didn´t offend my faith, because I viewed it from outside and I never took it as a truth.. just art. 

And I think of this projetct the same way. 

But we're different and so be it and I´m not going to debate this further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:53 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:46 am

“Gethsemane” has been a favorite of mine, and a blessing to me, from the very first time I heard it in the early ‘70s. I’ve wanted to cover it for years - and with the awesome talents of Tim, Bruno, and Aaron Pace (mixing/mastering), here it is – on the 50 year anniversary of its release in 1970. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do… Ted

Download on Bandcamp: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/track/gethsemane

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:“Gethsemane” has been a favorite of mine, and a blessing to me, from the very first time I heard it in the early ‘70s. I’ve wanted to cover it for years - and with the awesome talents of Tim, Bruno, and Aaron Pace (mixing/mastering), here it is – on the 50 year anniversary of its release in 1970. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do… Ted

Download on Bandcamp: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/track/gethsemane

Sound really cool...A lot of feeling and good musical textures
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 pm

It’s a cool studio track. But the vocals come off a bit stiff and clinical (in my opinion). I don’t blame Ripper... he just doesn’t have a voice with emotion. A singer like Guy Ritter had emotion. You can hear it on Broken Chromosomes. That said, Ripper’s vocal range is phenomenal!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 am

TZ75 wrote:It’s a cool studio track. But the vocals come off a bit stiff and clinical (in my opinion). I don’t blame Ripper... he just doesn’t have a voice with emotion. A singer like Guy Ritter had emotion. You can hear it on Broken Chromosomes. That said, Ripper’s vocal range is phenomenal!

Stiff and clinical.? Tim doesn't have a voice with emotion? Are we listening to the same song here? To use way more emotion (or weird voicing) than Tim did would frankly, be silly - even bordering on the comical.

Out of the thousands of singers out there, only a very, very small percent of them could even attempt to tackle what this song requires, much less convincingly and properly deliver the emotion required (not to mention staying in pitch, using emotive phrasing,  and nailing the huge range of notes - without sounding strained. Tim is one of them. Here's just a few of the tons of comments so far that have appeared as Tim, Bruno, and I have shared it on social media:

"I literally wept listening to this, so much feeling in Tim's voice, incredible performance! Bruno's piano also impressive as usual!" - Herbert K.

"What Tim did is nothing less than a statement. He nailed it. He kicked asses. He brought tears to my eyes. He made me feel like Jesus did on that day. Even if it was just a small part of it. Thank you Tim. God bless you." - Ari S.

"Outstanding! Beautiful passages that touch the soul. Love it! Awesome version!" - Anderson L.

"Thank you Ted, Tim, and Bruno, and Aaron and whomever else was involved in this! What a blessing!" - Larry C.

BTW - I'm thrilled to see that, as I hoped and suspected - Gethsemane is already touching and blessing people - Christians and non, as it has done since its release in 1970.

Hear/download it here: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/track/gethsemane

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:33 am

Yeah, can't understand the "stiff and clinical" comment either.
I especially love the 2:32-3:43 part. The long high note at the end of that is very impressive and that part has lots of places where he allows his voice to crack and boy do they feel emotional!

It's a fantastic cover. I LOVE the ending where it seems the tempo drops a bit while the music becomes grand and strong at 4:40. Chills go all the way through my body right there and Tim sounds amazing there!

Now that said, I would mind to hear a Guy Ritter version of this song! But this one, as it is, is one of the best covers I've ever heard.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Thanks Rami - and cool you noticed the slight tempo change for the finale...

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:
TZ75 wrote:It’s a cool studio track. But the vocals come off a bit stiff and clinical (in my opinion). I don’t blame Ripper... he just doesn’t have a voice with emotion. A singer like Guy Ritter had emotion. You can hear it on Broken Chromosomes. That said, Ripper’s vocal range is phenomenal!

Stiff and clinical.? Tim doesn't have a voice with emotion? Are we listening to the same song here? To use way more emotion (or weird voicing) than Tim did would frankly, be silly - even bordering on the comical.

Out of the thousands of singers out there, only a very, very small percent of them could even attempt to tackle what this song requires, much less convincingly and properly deliver the emotion required (not to mention staying in pitch, using emotive phrasing,  and nailing the huge range of notes - without sounding strained. Tim is one of them. Here's just a few of the tons of comments so far that have appeared as Tim, Bruno, and I have shared it on social media:

"I literally wept listening to this, so much feeling in Tim's voice, incredible performance! Bruno's piano also impressive as usual!" - Herbert K.

"What Tim did is nothing less than a statement. He nailed it. He kicked asses. He brought tears to my eyes. He made me feel like Jesus did on that day. Even if it was just a small part of it. Thank you Tim. God bless you." - Ari S.

"Outstanding! Beautiful passages that touch the soul. Love it! Awesome version!" - Anderson L.

"Thank you Ted, Tim, and Bruno, and Aaron and whomever else was involved in this! What a blessing!" - Larry C.

BTW - I'm thrilled to see that, as I hoped and suspected - Gethsemane is already touching and blessing people - Christians and non, as it has done since its release in 1970.

Hear/download it here: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/track/gethsemane

I’ll need to give it another listen...

Did you notice that I did say it was a cool track and his vocal range is phenomenal? I guess my idea of emotion may differ from someone else’s perspective. Like I said though, I can feel the emotion from Guy Ritter on Broken Chromosomes. It’s just a perfect song and you guys wrote it!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm

Nothing compares to the feeling, bluesy swagger and power of the Ian Gillan performance. 

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:23 pm

I also love Gillan’s vocals on the song Born Again from Sabbath. His powerful bluesy flair is awesome!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:31 pm

I just listened to it again. I take back my initial “clinical” comment. It’s a very good rendition!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ted Kirkpatrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:34 am

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:
Black Rider wrote:It used a few Biblical events and added a whole of things not in the Scripture. It completely leaves out that Jesus came to die, chose to die and it was to take away our sin. I don't see how you can watch this movie and not realize it's intent was to make Christ nothing more then a confused man and leaves out the part of him being God.

Again, wrong dude. Here's just one song to verify the message that Jesus said he was God. Do you guys even know any of the lyrics to this musical?? BTW - this is sung by King Herod, played by a Christian - Alice Cooper. Better go after him for being a part of - and singing in - such a blasphemous musical. Also - the ENTIRE song "Gethsemane" is about the fact that Jesus came here to die...

"Jesus, I am overjoyed to meet you face to face.
You've been getting quite a name all around the place.
Healing cripples, raising from the dead.
And now I understand you're God,
At least, that's what you've said.
So, you are the Christ, you're the great Jesus Christ.
Prove to me that you're divine; change my water into wine.
That's all you need do, then I'll know it's all true.
Come on, King of the Jews.
Jesus, you just won't believe the hit you've made around here.
You are all we talk about, the wonder of the year.
Oh what a pity if it's all a lie.
Still, I'm sure that you can rock the cynics if you tried.
So, you are the Christ, you're the great Jesus Christ.
Prove to me that you're no fool; walk across my swimming pool.
If you do that for me, then I'll let you go free.
Come on, King of the Jews.
I only ask what I'd ask any superstar.
What is it that you have got that puts you where you are.
I am waiting, yes I'm a captive fan.
I'm dying to be shown that you are not just any man.
So, if you are the Christ, yes the great Jesus Christ
Feed my household with this bread.
You can do it on your head.
Or has something gone wrong. Jesus, why do you take so long?
Oh come on, King of the Jews.
Hey! Aren't you scared of me Christ?
Mr. Wonderful Christ?
You're a joke. You're not the Lord.
You are nothing but a fraud.
Take him away.
He's got nothing to say!
Get out you King of the,
Get out King of the,
Oh get out you King of the Jews!
Get out of here!
Get out of here you,
Get out of my life."
I believe the essence of this song is the lack of faith of the common man and the denial of needing a Savior. It saddens me every time I read the Gospels in the new testament. It saddens me more watching the nightly news. We are no better today than 1987 years ago, dare I say worse as a secular humanity. Such depravity!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:51 am

Someone shared the news at Blabbermouth. Of coarse, what do you expect? Just negative comments from narrow minded dimwits.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:55 am

By the way, the track will appear in the next compilation from TQT, "The Slow Voyage TO Cosmic Wisdom"
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2