The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark

5 posters

Go down

ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark Empty ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark

Post by Constantine Tue May 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Came across this band the other day and do not see it mentioned on the CMR board.

This is Ascendant, a band from Denmark
Their style is blackened death metal with some slight metalcore touches.  

They have a U.S. distribution deal with Roxx Records, so CD's are available on the Roxx site.  Also available at Soundmass.

They have a sound that would appeal to fans of A Hill To Die Upon, Immortal Souls, In Flames, later-period At The Gates, Benea Reach, Crimson Moonlight, and Sacrificium.   I rather like them.

I have read interviews with them and they consider themselves a Christian band.
However I have not examined their lyrics in any depth yet.

The first song on their album "The Alteration:" is not so appealing to me, but the album gets better from there.

They also released an E.P. after this called "Serenity."

The band can be contacted at Ascendantdk@gmail.com

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark Empty Re: ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark

Post by Frozen Fire Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 pm

I have both albums and even have a t-shirt for the Ep. Great band but gone at this point. Marriage, school and the priorities of life have had them inactive the last several years.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark Empty Re: ASCENDANT - Blackened Death Metal from Denmark

Post by Constantine Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 pm

^Oh, too bad....no wonder they have not released anything since the E.P. from 2014.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 27, 2020 12:36 am

Yes very good band!  I have both their CDs as well.  They're definitely a Christian band.  One of their members was a member on a The Blackest Light - a Christian black metal forum I used to frequent.  He seemed like a real neat guy.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed May 27, 2020 6:45 pm

I have Serenity and love it. I need to pick up the EP, but they are fantastic and I highly recommend for fans of the genre.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Wed May 27, 2020 8:52 pm

Serenity happens to be the only Christian black metal release that I have bought from a physical store rather than online, as far as I can remember. I happened to find it for only $2 from one of those used book and CD stores and figured I had to buy it. It's good for sure, but for some reason it just doesn't really grip me, and I'm not quite sure why...
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down