The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy?

+6
oldschooldoom
mothy
alldatndensum
Temple of Blood
eatbugs
Superjuice
10 posters

Go down

Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy? Empty Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy?

Post by Superjuice Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:10 pm

I didn't see any threads about this masterful musician on the boards.  The man is truly one of the greats and has his own voice without drawing any comparisons to the other greats.  He has his own tone and approach to the instrument, which very few players can say they have.  If he's cloning another guitar player then I am ignorant to that player.

Better than Keaggy?  You tell me...

Last edited by Superjuice on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy? Empty Re: Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy?

Post by eatbugs Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:24 am

Yes!  I love his work.  I listen to Clear the Tracks quite a bit.

Better than Keaggy?  I don't play guitar so I can't judge on that level, but as a fan, no.  In fact as memory serves, in concert once he said he was imitating Keaggy's style with "Joy" and I can hear it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy? Empty Re: Any fans of Fourth Estate/Dave Beegle (guitar virtuoso) here? Beegle > Keaggy?

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:59 am

Well, that was amazing.

Reminded me of the Shrapenel stuff, but frankly better than a lot of it.

I would not say it was better than Phil Keaggy though.  Apples and Oranges.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:51 am

I like his style.  Does the rest of the album have vocals or are they mostly instrumental?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:23 am

alldatndensum wrote:I like his style.  Does the rest of the album have vocals or are they mostly instrumental?
I believe he only does instrumentals.  Juggernaugt is one of his heavier songs FYI, but his follow-up to this is eclectic rock and it's heavy enough for my tastes.

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:12 pm

I got to see him play some worship at my church a few years ago.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I like his style.  Does the rest of the album have vocals or are they mostly instrumental?

As far as I know he only has one song with vocals.  "Monsters" has a guest female vocalist with that squeaky, off-key Celtic sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGXU8780s4

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri May 01, 2020 12:21 am

I love him and Fourth Estate. Got all their material.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri May 01, 2020 8:09 am

Yup...I have his Finesse and Fury, See What I See, Clear The Tracks and a Cornerstone Bootleg cd .... he is a phenomenal guitarist! Are there any other albums that sound like these?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 am

I saw him do a clinic at Cornerstone Festival in '92....he was just starting to experiment with the self-tuning mechanism like what Gibson uses now on their Robot series.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sat May 02, 2020 5:06 pm

I really like Forth Estate. I have a couple of albums. As a guitarist I enjoy guitar rock.  Very Happy You can't really compare him and Keaggy. Both great!
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.unforsaken.ca/Jon/launchpage.html

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 Sun May 03, 2020 6:49 pm

I loved Finesse and Fury, I havent heard it in years... my cassette was long gone...

See What I hear is brilliant as well
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down