The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice?

3 posters

Go down

Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice? Empty Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice?

Post by dystopianoracle Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Well, as the name of the thread says, 
I was wondering how do I go about this? I'm not very social so I don't know a lot of people, and I just moved to a different continent, so now I really don't know anybody. Plus I can't go anywhere now because of coronavirus lol! 

Where and how do you guys find people to collaborate with?
If I should record myself and upload it online for eventual collaborators to hear it, what's the best place to find likeminded people, where should I begin? Youtube?
Do you have any advice for me?
I sing opera and medieval styles, but I'm versatile...
Genre wise, i usually like unblack metal, symphonic&gothic, industrial and folk/tribal stuff... I'd like to cooperate on such projects and be involved in creating Christian metal music.
Cheers
dystopianoracle
dystopianoracle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice? Empty Re: Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice?

Post by Markus1987 Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:21 am

First of all, welcome to the Forum Smile . I try to answer as well as possible.

I think it's forum's like this that are the best way to start, because here you can find many likeminded people.  And when you've found the people you wanna work with, you can use for example Slack to create a private workspace where you can very easily share files with everyone involved. Youtube is also great, because you can upload videos where everyone can see what you're capable to do.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice? Empty Re: Singer looking for people to collab with... any advice?

Post by guitarhoops Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Hey battlemedic. Do you write your own material or have a way to record yourself? If you post some ideas someone here may want to work with you. I haven't been here in almost a decade. When I was here years ago I got to work with Endless Funeral, Alldat, Pastor Brad and few others. I have a few songs in the works that could be a CMR collab. I might post a seperate post to see who is out there and interested. Anyways welcome. Very Happy
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.unforsaken.ca/Jon/launchpage.html

Back to top Go down

Post by dystopianoracle Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:51 pm

I wrote some of my own praise music (fusion in FL Studio), but not in metal genre and contemporary singing (for which unlike operatic and medieval I have no training, and my contemporary singing nowadays is better than contemporary stuff I did in the past anyway... my old recordings were mostly done with Skype mic too), so I didn't want to post that - it's not representative of my capabilities, or what I'm trying to do.

My weak point is drums (I always use loops) and guitar - I can't play instruments and synth guitars are bad. So I could never make anything heavy on my own, and that kind of left me wanting to get involved with people, jam it out, improvise something.

I want to invest into some condenser microphone instead of a dynamic, so I can improvise a "blanket booth" and record myself at home in a bit better quality. I usually use Audacity for recording and cleaning the recording up.

Thanks all for your welcome and advice.
dystopianoracle
dystopianoracle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:08 pm

If you were to hear a heavy song do you think you could write lyrics and sing operatic or medieval on it? I think it would be cool to do some more collabs like I used to here in the past.
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by dystopianoracle Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:35 pm

I might try to improvise on something preexisting, or put lyrics to vocals if someone has already written lyrics.
I rarely write my own lyrics, I usually use Psalms - then I write the whole song to it, but who knows, I might get inspired.
One thing I often do (because I can't growl for life T-T), is sing along to some of my favorite songs where the vocalist is growling I sing instead  lol!
I am open to hear stuff and I might try to improvise. I'm looking for fun and creative process...
Here's one of my songs from my fusion psalm project, even though again, I do not sing operatic there and it's old and nothing metal at all, might edit it out later, but just to assure you that I am able to create original music and sometimes I write lyrics too, for this one I wrote the lyrics. I also sing harmonies on all my music.

dystopianoracle
dystopianoracle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Very nice. I have a heavy song that could use operatic vocals. If it inspires you let me know. Unfortunately I am new enough with this new account I can not post links yet. Goto Soundcloud and type in Joh Hooper into the search bar. Look for my face. Norwood Canada it should say below my name. Check out the song "heavy".
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by dystopianoracle Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:47 pm

I love it! It's pretty catchy. I'm just enjoying looping it around lol.
I have a few melodies come to mind, I might go through Carmina Burana or some similar source to provide epic lyrics, I'll think about it. Either way, just having fun. Thanks!
P.S. I like your other songs too, you're good at what you do!
dystopianoracle
dystopianoracle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Thank you. Let me know if you do come up with something. No presure.  Guitar guy
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by dystopianoracle Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:48 am

I PM'd you, but not sure if it works since it's not showing in my Sentbox maybe I'm not allowed yet...
Yea I have basically a 3 voice chorus and some more ideas, will need to make a clean recording sometime later Like a Star @ heaven  Good night friends...  Sleepy 1
dystopianoracle
dystopianoracle
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:41 pm

I messaged you back with some details. Very Happy
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down