The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guitars?....Let's see 'em!

+26
L8T
bigjtink
HenrikB
alldatndensum
Leviathan's burning
Machine Fish
Xid
d@v!d
InChrist
Btrylgtrst
elManique
nuclearwoods
ximperialx
Queue
Tobi Elektrik
afraidtech
Crucify The Flesh
Mang67
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Godfixated
Nyx74
DarkFireDragoon
Driven
rfw1994
exo
bassdude
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Empty Re: Guitars?....Let's see 'em!

Post by InChrist Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:16 am

Awesome pix. I'm new here and can't figure out how to get the forum to post pix of mine, but here's a link: Ibanez RG, BC Rich Warlock & Ibanez SG bass

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Gitboxes_zpsec092241.jpg

InChrist
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 <a href=Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 130728_0009_zps13a2a63e" />
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 <a href=Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 130117_0003_zps6254466f" />

Back to top Go down

Post by nuclearwoods Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Your guys metal guitars makes me want to get one just to mess around with.
nuclearwoods
nuclearwoods
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:04 am

1978 Gibson RD Standard - Natural
1979 Gibson RD Artist - Black
1992 Gibson ES-135 - Sunburst
1982 BC Rich Eagle (Tremelo) - Red
1987 BC Rich NJ Warlock - Black
198x(late) BC Rick NJ Bich - Black
198x Harmony Acuostic - Natural brown
2000 Classical from Paracho Michoacan
2000 Bajo Sexto from Paracho Michoacan

Regrets: I had an early 60's Gibson Les Paul that I was given as a loaner guitar while I was waiting for my Warlock to come in. It was spray painted black, but played very well. I could have bought it for $100 at the time (87.) / One day while playing I decided to be lazy and not loop my chord through my strap and stepped down on it and when I pulled up I cracked the front of my Artist where the plug goes.

Last edited by d@v!d on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Well I got one here. 1979 Gibson RD - Artist
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Rdarti10

Last edited by d@v!d on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Vintage RD?

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:27 pm

exo wrote:Vintage RD?
Yes. I have 2. One's a 78 and the other a 79.

Here are some more.
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 13510
I added the Bigby when I bought it. I used the strap peg hole for it to avoid any extra drilling, but it put it slightly off centered. The low E lacks tension and comes off the bridge easily if I play hard. It feeds back like crazy, but with a little finesse I could get the warmest (Masters of Reality) out of it.
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Rich10
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Harmon10
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Parach10
The little guy embellished it with liquid marker.
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Parach12
BTW, despite its pedigree, it's not a super nice guitar. The action isn't that great and the nut isn't glued so I'm always havign to tune it. It was the cheapest guitar that had decently good sound I could find. It cost around $65.

Last edited by d@v!d on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Well, I should update my "list" from the first page....lol...and for expediency, none of these p[ictures are actualy "my" guitars, just representative pix off the net.....

Gone:

SX LP copy, Epi Prophecy SG, and johnson hollowbody.

Bought and sold already: Charvel DC-2 in trans black

Bought:

Charvel DC-2 in trans blue smear
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 2931111586_frt_wlg_001
This has become one of my two my "go to" guitars for stuff tuned E and D.  Oiled set neck, Charvel active pups that sound pretty much in between EMG and SD Blackouts.  These sorta combine the gibson style of construction and wood choices with the fender scale and the Charvel/Jackson compound radius fretboard.  they can be sorta hit or miss as far as QC goes, though, which is why it's evil twin I listed first is gone.  Bought the black one for baritone tuning,  it just didn't feel as nice to play, and the pups didn't play nice with the downtuning either.  The blue one, however, is light, easy to play, sounds killer, looks better than this photo. 

Luna Gypsy Spalt:
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 61mA-CVnUfL._SL1094_

Just an inexpensive acoustic electric, brand is owned by Dean ( or so I've been told).  Mahogany back/sides, spruce top w/photofinish, though they've apparently updated with an actual spalt laminate for 2015.  sounded nicer to my ears than many Taylors, Martins, and gibsons in the room that cost 5-10 times as much, but I suspect that is because they were made from different woods, and I prefer a mellower, warmer tone that comes from THIS wood combo with Pospher Bronze strings rather than the "sparkle" a lot of acoustics have.  Plays nice, sounds nice (to me), price was nice, win all the way around.....

BC Rich Mockingbird ST
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 X_150d89d6

Mahogany body, mahogany neckthrough, ebony board, 24 5/8" scale, 1000 series FR trem, though mine has Duncan Designed pups based of the classic Seymour Duncan Distortion set instead of the Rockfields pictured here....if I get brave, I'll be replacing them wth a set of SD Black winters.  I've always been a sucker for the Explorer style shapes, and this is my other main "standard" range player.  The electronics are CRAZY: in addition to the 3 way switch and standard @vol 1 tone stuff, the mini switches are a coil split for each pickup and a phase reversal, and has a 5 position varitone circuit.  All those options, and I still play almost exlusively on the bridge pup Very Happy .   Compliments the Charvel quite nicely.

Lucero LCT250 CE
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 518969

Just a cheap, no nonsense beginner's nylon string classical that is destined to be my daughter's when she ponies up the last little bit of change she owes me for bringing it home Smile  Has that Mahogany/spruce wood combo that tickles my earholes for acoustics.......

Lotus Flying V knockoff
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Vintagev
Bolt on maple neck, uhh........some sort of plywood body, 25.5" scale, fender style stringthru bridge.  As near as i've been able to tell, it was made in the very early 90's, and at some point it appears to have acquired a Carvin bridge pickup.    Needs some electronics work, as they're just completely trashed.  probably just bypass stuff to the  point of just having the volume connected to the bridge pup at some point.  I had absolutely no need for this guitar at ALL, but hey, who HASN'T wanted a flying V at some point, and the price ($50) was right Laughing

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Here is my Ibanez EX-Series bass which I've had since 1990 and my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio.

I love them both.

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Basster

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Lester
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Had an EX series Ibby back in the late 90's.  was nice. 

That LP has a nifty woodgrain. Thumbs up

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 pm

The camera flash really brought it out.  It's not that bright just sitting on it's stand to my right.

I love my Ibanez.  I got it because at the time it was what I could afford.  It's been used for gigging and recording.  Nice and light and has a great tone.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:40 pm

I haven't encountered many "bad" Ibanez.  Many, MANY that don't suit my tastes (primarily in the neck department, which is what most folks love about them).....but rarely a "bad" guitar.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:09 am

I picked up an Ibanez Ergodyne for my wife a number of years ago.  Another great bass!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:37 am

exo wrote:BC Rich Mockingbird ST
The electronics are CRAZY: in addition to the 3 way switch and standard @vol 1 tone stuff, the mini switches are a coil split for each pickup and a phase reversal, and has a 5 position varitone circuit.

This helps explain what my Eagle does. All I've ever know is that every time I change a switch the tone and volume changes a lot.

Nice guitars!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Img_0012

This is my ESP LTD MH-103 Quilted Maple

Last edited by Friendlypirahna on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : original file too large)
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:51 am

I got a bass and amp now. Squire Jazz V and an Ampeg ba108
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Guitar10
I want to build a rack for my guitars to be able to put them all up at the same time.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Machine Fish wrote:Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Img_0012

This is my ESP LTD MH-103 Quilted Maple

This area is so dead I actually missed your post, dude.  Those are nice for the price guitars.  I want one, but I've already got more than I can utilize.........

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:54 pm

d@v!d wrote:I got a bass and amp now. Squire Jazz V and an Ampeg ba108
Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Guitar10
I want to build a rack for my guitars to be able to put them all up at the same time.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of those basses when I decided my cheap Ibby wasn't cutting it anymore.  Loved to play the darn thing, but the tone was terrible.  Too much chimney/bell sound and not enough thump.  Also did not hold up well in drop Aflat.  I ended up deciding I needed a 35" scale, and that The JazzV's string spacing was a little wider than I liked.  I ended up with a Schecter Raiden Special V.....

As far as a guitar stand goes, I've had one of these in my livingroom for the last several years:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Premium-Black-6-Guitar-Case-Folds-to-Briefcase-OUR-BEST_p_2189.html

It's decent quality (not world class, but decent), and has held up well enough, even amongst all the youguns'......significantly less expensive than anything you'll find at GC on average, as I believe I got mine cheaper than their current retail.  Guitarfetish's email list and FB page frequently toss out 10-15-20% off e-coupons.  Might be worth your time....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Bass:  the aforementioned Schecter Raiden Special V, "Black Cherry" finish.

Specs, and  stock photo here:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/vault/listing/raiden-special-5-detail

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Image12

No longer made, was one of their "upper entry level" models a few years back, would have retailed in the $409-$500 area, and is just SOLID feeling compared to the basement entry level Ibanez I had.  Like, night-and-day difference.....

The cool thing about this one is that the "Schecter Diamond SuperRock Bass" pickups are essentially four J-bass type pickups, arranged in pairs as Humbuckers inside the covers. Controls are vol (neck)/vol (bridge)/tone (gold knob), which has a push/pull to split the pickups down to one coil for a more "standard" J-bass tone.  These pickups make just a MONSTROUS difference in tone compared to my previous Ibanez.  This one SOUNDS like a bass, even at the lower volumes I have to play at (since I'm playing thru a guitar head/cab and don't want to damage the speakers.........I REALLY need to at least get a true bass cab of appropriate impedance for the amp head, if not a actual bass amp one of these days.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 am

exo wrote:
I almost pulled the trigger on one of those basses when I decided my cheap Ibby wasn't cutting it anymore.  Loved to play the darn thing, but the tone was terrible.  Too much chimney/bell sound and not enough thump.  Also did not hold up well in drop Aflat.  I ended up deciding I needed a 35" scale, and that The JazzV's string spacing was a little wider than I liked.  I ended up with a Schecter Raiden Special V.....

As far as a guitar stand goes, I've had one of these in my livingroom for the last several years:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Premium-Black-6-Guitar-Case-Folds-to-Briefcase-OUR-BEST_p_2189.html

It's decent quality (not world class, but decent), and has held up well enough, even amongst all the youguns'......significantly less expensive than anything you'll find at GC on average, as I believe I got mine cheaper than their current retail.  Guitarfetish's email list and FB page frequently toss out 10-15-20% off e-coupons.  Might be worth your time....
That stand might be the way to go. I was planning on building one though. I have 6 guitars including the bass that I want it to hold and one is acoustic and another a hollow body electric. I'm going to need something a few inches wider.
exo wrote:Bass:  the aforementioned Schecter Raiden Special V, "Black Cherry" finish.

Specs, and  stock photo here:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/vault/listing/raiden-special-5-detail

No longer made, was one of their "upper entry level" models a few years back, would have retailed in the $409-$500 area, and is just SOLID feeling compared to the basement entry level Ibanez I had.  Like, night-and-day difference.....

The cool thing about this one is that the "Schecter Diamond SuperRock Bass" pickups are essentially four J-bass type pickups, arranged in pairs as Humbuckers inside the covers. Controls are vol (neck)/vol (bridge)/tone (gold knob), which has a push/pull to split the pickups down to one coil for a more "standard" J-bass tone.  These pickups make just a MONSTROUS difference in tone compared to my previous Ibanez.  This one SOUNDS like a bass, even at the lower volumes I have to play at (since I'm playing thru a guitar head/cab and don't want to damage the speakers.........I REALLY need to at least get a true bass cab of appropriate impedance for the amp head, if not a actual bass amp one of these days.
From everything I read, mine is considered one of the better basses for the money. I got it used off of GC.com, so it was even cheaper. This is my first bass in over 20 years. If I get good, I'll have to consider something like what you got. It does look nice and your tone endorsement is the selling point. I get OK sound from mine, but I think were the tone lacks more is from my playing. I still have to learn to control the low b-string while playing the upper notes. Too much rattling....
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:37 am

exo wrote:
This area is so dead .........
No kidding.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:18 am

exo wrote:This area is so dead I actually missed your post, dude.  Those are nice for the price guitars.  I want one, but I've already got more than I can utilize.........

No problem. Yeah I love my ESP Mh103 QM, it's really versatile as far as playing different styles of music. I went to a GC once and was testing different ones and just fell in love with it, I went for it because I was trying out guitars that are stylistically out of my comfort zone, so glad I did.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviathan's burning Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:35 am

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 ZI bought this off craigslist for 60 bucks.. Got bored with it so I got to painting lol..
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Remember how a few posts back I said I'd rarely encountered a bad Ibanez, just very few I've gotten along with?  Well, meet one of the few:

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Image14

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 Image15

Ibanez RG8004 in Metallic Red Sunburst.

Basswood body, bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard with offset dot inlay, and, obviously, 8 strings.
I'm tuned EBEADGBE, to give me another octave to work in for power chords and heavy work.  Same octave as a standard bass, but a different tone and timbre due to string diameter and construction difference. Lots of fun, but it's not for everyone....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Guitars?....Let's see 'em! - Page 4 20150813

I actually built this acoustic myself and recently sold it!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next