The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways...

+6
deathisgain
Kerrick
Temple of Blood
HenrikB
Black Rider
ThomasEversole
10 posters

Go down

Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways... Empty Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways...

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 am

I wouldn't say it was necessarily an ugly separation....  but not exactly the best one either.

Apparently, the new Temple of Perdition album coming out, is lyrically based on the Kabbalah (Jewish Mysticism)

This interview answers some questions, but it probably wasn't answers many of us were hoping for:
http://themetalreview.com/kelly-tee-talks-with-temple-of-perdition-vocalist-on-black-metal-the-albumtetragammton/

My two cents, for what its worth,
I think ToP can fall under the "(some) Christians in a band" category, for me....  Christians can write fiction (which the Kabbalah would be) - I've done secular metal myself.  Ankou Awaits was based on Welsh mythology.  Doesn't mean I'm pagan or a heathen - it just means I like those stories.

The issues I see though, really, is Yaakov's Facebook drama.  I am discouraged by that.  In June, there was the whole "ToP might end", "This could end folks.", "Sorry its ending.", "UPDATE! Maybe it won't end?"....  not to mention today's stirring of the pot...

Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways... Unknown

face palm
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways... Empty Re: Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways...

Post by Black Rider Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Thing is, Kabbalah is actively followed by many people. That little quote doesn't help the cause.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways... Empty Re: Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways...

Post by HenrikB Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:45 pm

Concerns from the first phone call about being tagged as "Christian", yet they gladly grab all that money from sales through a record label clearly tagged "Christian". Who's the bigot here?
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:22 am

Apparently, some long time fans and others have had prior conversations with Temple of Permission that point to there being a change in the band's belief stance.  (if not the band, perhaps Ya'akov, who is the spokesman for the band)

ie: supposedly (I haven't seen the proof, but I'm told people do have it) Temple of Perspiration told people before they (the members) were Christian, believed in Christ, believed in the resurrection, etc....  It appears to me this "Hermetic and Kabalistic Standpoint" and leaving the label appeared very close together.  I could be wrong about that.  I have never talked with the band directly myself....

....but I talk with Duane of Vision of God fairly regularly, and not only because my own music is released through his label.  Bottom line, there are inconsistencies between what the band, the fans, and the label are saying...

Part of me thinks what's happened is, (some of) the members are Christian, yes, but they (Temple of Parmesan) didn't "identify" as a Christian band.  Kind of like what Stryper has done...  (Christian themed lyrics and actions, rejects the Christian title)

On a slightly unrelated note, I think this "I identify as" has been given way too much validity in recent times.  There's folks identifying as a mind-boggling number of genders.  I read articles on some "transculture" incidences....  in particular, a man in Hawaii that identifies as Filipino.  (because he feels Filipino inside)

Then a bizzare "transability" scenario, where this woman deliberately blinded herself because she identifies as blind.

Back to "identifying" as a Christian band....  I get wanting to avoid stigmas and boxes, but come on....   if it walks with webbed feet, quacks, has feathers and is smaller than a goose....   its a duck.

Side-Note:  Not trying to be disrespectful to the band with the different Temple of Perpetrator names.  Apparently I identify as a jokester with no working backspace this morning.
:B
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 am

I cannot stand "Christian" bands like this.

I'm sick of all the frauds and cowards.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:02 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Temple of Permission... Temple of Perspiration... Temple of Parmesan... Temple of Perpetrator...  Apparently I identify as a jokester with no working backspace this morning.
:B

^LOL, keep 'em coming!

(I keep starting a reply to this thread and then deleting it...  I'm not sure what to say to all this mess, but here are a couple thoughts.)

I've been casually watching the drama unfold over FB and it's getting pretty ugly/ridiculous.  As far as I can tell, most of the drama is stemming from the band and the Christian fans' reactions to the apostasy.  Duane at VOGR has remained classy despite the circumstances and only recently has the band said anything somewhat negative towards him.

Vision Of God Records is a non-profit and Christian outreach label and invested literally thousands of dollars into Temple Of Perdition.  Perhaps there was some willful/subconscious ignorance from the label in signing a band who, in TOP's defense, has never appeared to be "orthodox" Christian to begin with.  BUT if the band never considered themselves Christian and knowingly joined VOGR... that's messed up.  Nonetheless, we can't hold non-Christians to Christian standards.  And maybe they considered themselves Christian at signing and since left the faith which is just as tragic in an eternal sense, but if that's the case, we at least can be more sympathetic towards them.  Once all the drama/silliness is taken out of the picture, we still have someone who is overtly denying Truth and God's love.  They deserve our prayer and this is an opportunity for their Christian (ex-)fans to share the Gospel with them.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:Perhaps there was some willful/subconscious ignorance from the label in signing a band who, in TOP's defense, has never appeared to be "orthodox" Christian to begin with.  BUT if the band never considered themselves Christian and knowingly joined VOGR... that's messed up.

When VoG announced Temple of Prescription weren't on the label anymore, Duane said it was because their new album will be based on the Kabbalah, and that's obviously not acceptable for a Christian ministry to distribute.

I think they very well could have told Duane they weren't a Christian band from the get-go, but it may have just seemed like schematics.  Since the music was good, Christians were in the band, the lyrics have a "against bad religion" vibe to them (which can survive under a Christian banner) it probably didn't seem like a big deal.

Back in the day, Duane asked me to send over my Ankou Awaits stuff to him because he liked it and he worked with me before on other Christian music I did.  Obviously it being based on Welsh Mythology, we agreed it wasn't a fit.  ...but I wouldn't consider that a bad thing at all.  I'm willing to concede I might have a different perspective regarding this whole Christian band =/= Christians in a non-Christian band compared to some bros.

I really do think Temple of Perforation pulled the rug out from under Duane and the fans.  I don't think all of the above expected them to move towards the Kabbalah, especially while they were in an obviously Christian label, and blatant Christian fans.

....but....  There is one aspect that does not add up for me.
(what I underlined in red)

Vision of God Records and Temple of Perdition part ways... Unknown

They've since announced they ARE doing this.  (which is little more than re-recording vocals)

Why does a non-Christian band need to re-write a non-Christian album to fit "the secular format"?

Wouldn't it already fit the secular format since its not Christian?

Something tells me, some of the upset from fans and maybe the label....  might be because of contradicting statements from the band after all...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Temple of Permission
Temple of Perspiration
Temple of Parmesan
Temple of Perpetrator
Temple of Prescription
Temple of Perforation

I felt like I was watching that mandela effect thingy take place in real time.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:33 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:might be because of contradicting statements from the band after all...
Yes, this is why I get a feeling they are just making up statements as they go along.
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Something tells me, some of the upset from fans and maybe the label....  might be because of contradicting statements from the band after all...

HenrikB wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:might be because of contradicting statements from the band after all...
Yes, this is why I get a feeling they are just making up statements as they go along.

Agreed, it sure looks that way.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:23 am

I try to make a long story short... I have some insight because I'm the guy who has recorded Henna Ojala's vocals to Temple of Perdition's songs. The band hasn't announced it yet, but, due to her life situation and being pregnant, Henna has decided to step back from the project. The main reason though was, that she doesn't feel that the new direction is something she can agree with.

This was also from my point of view a good decision, because we both spent a good amount of time to this. I wasn't even credited for that. And I too believe in God and want to do all my work for Him.

----

Those text above are exactly what I wrote to Vision of God's Facebook-page. The new direction was the main reason we both decided to step back, but we also got tired of working with Ya'akov. I'm not mad or anything like that, but he newer answered when we had questions about the lyrics and so on. He never told us about the new directions he was gonna take. Never. I personally like the first releases, but can't agree with the new direction or be a part of doing it.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:17 am

Who?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:57 am

What?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:12 am

Pro-Zak wrote:Who?
Do you mean Henna? Or Ya'akov? Henna is a good friend of mine and Ya'akov is the man behind Temple of Perdition
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 am

Black Rider wrote:What?
Yep, that's the situation. I wish I could tell more, but I don't know enough details. I have a ton of questions about this all at the moment myself Smile . For example... if he knew about the new direction from the start, why he didn't say anything? I mean if you have to sing in those songs, like my friend did, you have to know the lyrical content of the song. He never told us what the songs are about. Basically he just told the places in the song where he wanted some clean female singing and just said "go for it". Most of the stuff were just background choirs and that kind of stuff. But still we didn't know the whole content of these songs. Knowing the content means everything, because we don't wanna hype things that we feel are against our Faith
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjtink Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:45 pm

People, music is art...Period... Like it or don't. Not worth arguing about.
bigjtink
bigjtink
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:47 pm

bigjtink wrote:People, music is art...Period... Like it or don't. Not worth arguing about.

I think I just about fell out of my chair. You're a rarer sighting than Artie!
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 am

bigjtink wrote:People, music is art...Period... Like it or don't. Not worth arguing about.
If there is anything to argue about, it is art ^^
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 am

bigjtink sighting?  affraid affraid affraid
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjtink Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:21 pm

[quoteI think I just about fell out of my chair. You're a rarer sighting than Artie!][/quote]

Been busy.
bigjtink
bigjtink
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down