The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

+14
crucifyd
Ted Kirkpatrick
TZ75
Wigeon
Fundy
Airola
/<
jaydeecrawson
stevegarveyfan
Tourniguy
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
eatbugs
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October Empty Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm

First statement on official band facebook's page

"After nearly 30 years of “Tourniquet”, it’s time. Time for an epic release. An epic release appropriately titled “TOURNIQUET: THE EPIC TRACKS". If you’re a true Tourniquet fan, you know what we’re talking about. These are the tracks that take you on a journey – that reveal something new every time you listen. Each day this week, we’ll release more info, including the EPIC (and insane) artwork for the CD cover that will be revealed this Thursday. For now, we’re ready to accept preorders. The first 75 will get a free embroidered logo patch! Special early price of $12. Release: October 2019"

https://tourniquet.net/product/tourniquet-epic-tracks-cd-preorder-available-october-2019

2nd statement on official band facebook's page

TOURNIQUET: THE EPIC TRACKS – One tune that certainly qualifies as “epic” is “Fed by Ravens, Eaten by Vultures” off our 2012 release Antiseptic Bloodbath. Clocking in at just over 8 minutes long, it takes you on a journey through an awesome biblical story. To make this release truly special and worthy of adding to your collection, we wanted it to be more than just a “best of” CD. So for this tune, we had our friend Tim Ripper Owens do a new treatment on the singing. Can’t wait for you all to hear it! In fact, this Friday we’ll post a short sound clip... Meanwhile, tomorrow – get ready to see the insane cover art... 
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October Empty Re: Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

Post by eatbugs Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm not interested in a strictly "best of" compilation, but if there are some re-records, it may be worth it.  I just don't know enough yet.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October Empty Re: Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Another absurd idea IMHO.  Artists often get their own head stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

Tourniquet:  The Most Dull, Indulgent Tracks with the Poorest Arrangements that No One Really Asked for More of
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:38 pm

You just hate TQT. If this was Warlord you'd be for it.  Very Happy
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tourniguy Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:12 pm

I think this is disrespectful to Luke Easter.

Tourniguy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:44 am

Why would they call it a 'Best Of' when they could just call it what it is: Stop the Bleeding?
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:28 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:Why would they call it a 'Best Of' when they could just call it what it is: Stop the Bleeding?

lol!
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:Why would they call it a 'Best Of' when they could just call it what it is: Stop the Bleeding?

So true!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 am

Black Rider wrote:You just hate TQT. If this was Warlord you'd be for it.  Very Happy

Warlord have MUCH better songwriting!  Night and day!

I actually don't hate TQT at all, and have given them a lot of money over the years.  But like Annihilator, another one of my faves, they are a frustrating band to try to support.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:54 am

Tourniquet will release a new cd (best of?) in October 68411057_10157270952203467_4079509428372504576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_eui2=AeFx9o-8V4JfIu45ni8FiAInspo_6fsB7fFHXFf54ApQaq0chKrLvES1X30YfBRjl-GZdNA9qbmPMu3irYgUa53hn2lXFZpFToA8Gd-BZQ5hqw&_nc_oc=AQkPJHl2oaxMrek2L3Zawv4mNmTqhKlnuVDdlP61hCmE1fJgWjUGphlbSMxPPj8WZuw&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1

The cover art ...

"We're proud and excited to reveal the cover art for TOURNIQUET: THE EPIC TRACKS - done by the amazing artist Guang Yang. About the cover: A colossal machine. Or is it human? Like the music of Tourniquet: never easy to categorize - and at times, epic. "

Preorder at the special price of $12:https://tourniquet.net/product/tourniquet-epic-tracks-cd-preorder-available-october-2019/

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Tourniguy wrote:I think this is disrespectful to Luke Easter.

Too soon to tell.  If it's just one track with new vocals, I support the idea (like how The Awakening re-recorded and remastered everything for Anthology XV).  If it's an entire "greatest hits" album trying to erase Luke, I'm with you.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:27 am

"As promised, here’s a short sound clip. Totally rough mix, not mastered, etc. – enjoy!" (Ted)

https://www.facebook.com/ted.kirkpatrick.98/videos/10157331971430011/
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:34 pm

I've also wondered if that "voiceless" antisptic bloodbath was an insult to Luke

and yeah i agree Stop the Bleeding is the BEST one they've ever made. it's legendary

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:37 am

I miss Guy... and Gary... and Victor... and Eric... Tourniquet's "best of" hit in 1991 with Psycho Surgery.
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:20 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:I've also wondered if that "voiceless" antisptic bloodbath was an insult to Luke

I think that not because isn't so strange a band release a full instrumental version of an cd (bands like Epica, Nightwish made this all the time). And Luke was in the band in 2013.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Here's my take on things, controversial and not:

1) Preordered it as soon as I found out about it, of course Very Happy

2) Ok, so this is a compilation of "epic tracks" by Tourniquet. I actually had an idea that Ted should release videos on Youtube where he has compiled different songs by their "vibe", like having a video with only slow doomy tracks included, and a video with only the fastest songs included, and a video with only the most traditional metal songs included and a video with only the longest and most complex tracks included (this new compilation album would basically be this one) etc.

3) Ok, what tracks should be on this? This can't be without Harlot Widow and the Virgin Bride. And maybe even without Tears of Korah. Controversial mode on, I'm thinking whether or not Ted is willing to include Harlot Widow because it's Gary's song. It definitely should be on the album. Gary was the first to compose the "epic style" songs for Tourniquet and his contribution for what still is known as what Tourniquet sometimes do (make long and complex tracks) should definitely be acknowledged especially as it's the first track to do that if we don't count Tears of Korah in.

So what are Tourniquet's epic tracks?

Stop the Bleeding: Korah and Harlot Widow, sure.

From Psychosurgery I'm not sure I would count any of them as epic. Broken Chromosomes goes on emotional and strange directions but it's still pretty simple song. I kinda feel Officium Defunctorum is epic but I doubt it's epic in the sense Ted means epic. Would be pleasantly surprised if it was included though!

On Pathogenic, maybe Skeezix Dilemma?

On Vanishing Lessons... hmm... nothing (stretching what qualifies as epic a lot maybe Sola Christus could be included).

Carry the Wounded: nothing.

Collected Works: The Hand Trembler is kinda epic in that it's a long mixture of traditional heavy metal, doom metal, thrash, death metal, punk and worship music, but it would be weird to have a "bonus track" of a previous compilation album to be included in the next compilation album.

Crawl to China: can't think of any epic tracks, except (again stretching the term a quite a bit) Going Going Gone is kinda epic in a "mammoth" way.

Acoustic Archives: Triviliazing the Momentous is kinda epic but I'm not that much into having these bonus tracks of other compilations to be featured in another compilation. They feel much more special when they are part of the one special album they were first included in. Now, maybe if Tourniquet would release some kind of a "rarities" album with songs like The Tempter, Dogman, Perfect Night, Hand Trembler, Trivializing...

Microscopic View: The Tomb of Gilgamesh is the obvious one. Besprinkled in Scarlet Horror could be one too. And Skeezix II. Maybe Drinking from the Poisoned Well...

Moth: Drawn & Quartered and Healing Waters of the Tigris are the most obvious ones.

Antiseptic: We already know Fed by Ravens will be included. Maybe Lost Language of the Andamans could be another.

Onward to Freedom: maybe Drowning in Air?

Medusa: maybe All Good Things Died Here? It's not that long of a song but it has that long opening riff that has a bit of "The Tomb of Gilgamesh" vibe to it.

4) In today's world there is really not much need and reason for compilation albums except if there are enough new stuff to warrant a purchase for the fans. Currently we only know of Ripper being part of Fed by Ravens. I would really really REALLY hope there would be one or two completely new songs too. While this thing with Ripper is exciting to hear I'm not sure it's enough.

5) Now for the controversial stuff:

Some people are wondering if all Luke's songs are going to be sung by Ripper. I don't think that's the case. I think it just was convenient for Ted to do this with Fed by Ravens as he already has a voiceless version of the whole album so it's easy to do that. As Ted now owns all rights to every Tourniquet album I'm not sure if he has any vocalless versions of any of them except Antiseptic Bloodbath. I doubt he would have the will and interest to track down vocalless masters of the previous albums and I doubt he is interested to have the trouble of creating any either.

What comes to the Voiceless Antiseptic Bloodbath being an insult to Luke, well I don't think it was an insult as fans had asked for instrumental versions of their songs forever already. So the idea was very old. Now, that said, it could've been a fitting time for Ted now to experiment on doing an instrumental version of a previous album and to experiment how Tourniquet would be received without Luke.

As much as I love Luke, I know what people have said in Youtube comments and discussion boards for years and years. I'm sure Ted hasn't ignored those comments either. For surprisingly many people Luke's voice seemed to be the biggest thing that held Tourniquet back. I personally don't think that is the case, but for many people it was so. So while Ted didn't mean to insult Luke with any albums I think he might've wanted to experiment with how Tourniquet would be received without Luke's voice with both the Voiceless Antiseptic Bloodbath and Onward to Freedom. And I recall Ted saying both albums were relatively succesfull. Yes, even the instrumental version of AB. So maybe Ted counted 2+2 and thought it would be better for Tourniquet to go without Luke. And now, maybe he wants to hear how some of the old tracks might've been if there would've been a different vocalist and this is one way to do it especially as it's easy to do that to an AB song because of the instrumental version already existing.

6) For even more controversial stuff:

Let's say there was some real animosity behind letting Luke go and especially now in replacing Luke's vocals with Ripper's. What if the album will completely be without Luke's voice and without Lenaire's songs? We know Gary released the song Vainglorious Hypocrisy with Luke on co-vocals and it's pretty much clear the lyrics are an attack against Ted. There is a clear reference to Pathogenic's lyrics and Gary's lyrics attack the person who wrote those lyrics, there are clear references to past problems, there is a reference to Aaron. And in the end he literally says he gives middle fingers to the target of the song. If Ted is has a personality that wants to jab back a bit I wouldn't be surprised if he'd do something like that with his songs. (I seriously doubt that is the case though.)

In Microscopic there was this theory that Luke wrote Caixa De Raiva against Guy Ritter and while I can see how some could see that I think it's not clear enough to say that for sure, and Luke has denied it too. Now with Vainglorious Hypocrisy, ok it also might be just a theory, but for me there is no doubt about what it's all about, and Luke is there to sing some of that. And when you look at Gary's facebook page, he has been increasingly more against Ted especially now as he has been posting about past Tourniquet a lot for quite a long time. And Luke has been there too and hasn't been too fond with Ted either. So who knows, maybe the bridges have been burned so badly that there really is some childish feud going on. Actually the only one who has seemed to be willing to speak something good about Ted has been Erik Mendez. Now sure, he would laugh at Gary's jokes about Ted being Dr. Evil but it seems it's not coming from a bad place but just having a friendly laugh (I think it became clear from the few years old interview with Erik that he would make fun of everyone, including himself and even though he has been frustrated with Ted at times when he has tried to contact him he still loves him and genuinely wants to be friends with him). While Gary would refuse to mention Ted by name but instead give more or less subtle jabs at him, it has been Erik who has been specifically mentioning Ted along with the other previous members when thinking fondly of the past. Not sure what Victor thinks about him because he hasn't been part of those discussions but at least Erik has showed clear signs of being ok and willing to talk with Ted.

I love all of the past and present members of Tourniquet. I will continue to support Ted, Gary and Luke and I'm always looking forward to hear what any of them have been doing. It's been tough to read Gary being bitter about things that happened over 2 decades ago. Well, I guess he kinda relived the past when Luke got kicked out and it has brought him to continue being bitter. But really, he has been bitter for a long time now, way before Luke got let go, but it seems he has been increasingly more bitter lately.

Oh well, maybe Ted just wants to move on and lets Gary's songs be there with no problem, or let Luke vocals be in the rest of the songs without even thinking about it. Maybe he's still genuinely proud of what Gary and Luke have brought to the band. In the end, all this is is just speculation with a hint of gossiping.

7) Back to less controversial stuff and ending it on a lighter note:

I wonder if hoping for one or even two new tracks would be too high of a hope.
They can put around 74 minutes of music on one CD. That's 10 a bit over 7 minute tracks. Some of the epic Tourniquet songs are over 7 minutes, some are under. Some are over 9 minutes. Are there already enough epic tracks to fill the album completely? Two new "epic" tracks would probably require at least 12 minutes. Maybe even 14. So there would be time for 60-62 minutes of old songs. How many epic Tourniquet tracks can fit to that?
I really hope Ted would leave room for even some 4 or 5 minute track. Or heck, I'd be ok with a new 2-3 minute track too.

Anyway, I've ordered the album and I'm excited to see what the song list will be and listen to the new version of Fed by Ravens.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:11 am

The original lineup was the best.

The first three albums are the best and the two songs on the best of collection, hand trembler, etc..

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:57 am

Airola wrote:In Microscopic there was this theory that Luke wrote Caixa De Raiva against Guy Ritter and while I can see how some could see that I think it's not clear enough to say that for sure, and Luke has denied it too.

Man, that annoyed me SOOO Much back when Microscopic was released.  I hate it when bands have a go at someone in their lyrics because of some disagreement, and it seems even worse when it's a christian band.  I'm glad Luke has denied it, 'cause at the time the references used in the song could quite easily be seen as directed at Guy (10 years, coffee etc.).  I guess time heals as I don't thinik about it anymore, although I still don't like that album at all!  Luke is an amazing guy, love his wit and humour on facebook, and the stuff he's sung on the Pop Disaster is absolutely perfect for his vocals.  Guy still has the gifted vocals as well (just listen to Stop The Bleeding from Gary's latest album for proof), so I'd love to see those two singing together on Gary's next album.

As for Tourniquet's Epic Tracks, I not really interested.  Tourniquet are great, and I loved the title track from Medusa, but they've gone too off piste for me to connect with them anymore.  Stop The Bleeding, and some of the tracks from Psycho and POD were amazing.  Crawl I love too, especially because it's fitted perfectly to Luke's vocals.  Other than that, it's mostly misses and very few hits.  Also epic tracks aren't the ones that grab me.  Hope it sells well, as it's not like there's no talent there, but the music is too diverse for my liking.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:16 pm

I am definitely not interested in a greatest hits album, nor hearing Ripper's voice in place of Luke's. "Fed by Ravens" and "Carried Away..." are the best songs on AB primarily because of Luke's awesome vocals on those songs.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:20 pm

While I'm at it, I just have to chime in again on the choice of Les Carlson to sing, both recently on tour and on the original Live album from 1993. When the "Live" album came out, I was absolutely confused and disappointed by the choice and the complete lack of fit of his vocals on Tourniquet songs. Same goes with the few clips of recent songs he performed with the band. Nothing personal against Les or his vocals with Bloodgood, which fit, but I just don't understand.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm

dang. i just read the lyrics to Caixa De Raiva

pretty brutal.

ya'll sure it's about Guy Ritter? seems like a jab ate Echo Hollow or something. I dunno

pretty funny if it is

Never was a fan of Luke but I did like "Vanishing Lessons." He did good on that one

should have re-named the band after all the original members left!

From what I know, Ted ain't even an original member cause they had Holy Danger before Ted joined!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:dang. i just read the lyrics to Caixa De Raiva

pretty brutal.

ya'll sure it's about Guy Ritter? seems like a jab ate Echo Hollow or something. I dunno

pretty funny if it is

Never was a fan of Luke but I did like "Vanishing Lessons." He did good on that one

should have re-named the band after all the original members left!

From what I know, Ted ain't even an original member cause they had Holy Danger before Ted joined!

The "No morning cup of coffee, that stuff just puts me right to sleep" line was thought to be a reference to Guy Ritter's Monday Morning Coffee blog posts he used to write right around the time MVOATR album was made. Then the "six years and counting" was seen as a reference to the time Guy left the band. MVOATR was released in 2000 and the lyrics for Caixa De Raiva could've been written in 1999, so 1999 minus 6 years is 1993, the year Guy left.

Personally I think it's quite a stretch to say it's about Guy. Guy definitely had heard about this theory too and he even said he'd want to ask Luke why he wrote that song in the interview he made in late 2000's. Luke has denied it has anything to do with Guy.

Anyway, yeah Luke is fantastic on Vanishing Lessons. I've been listening to Crawl to China lately too and he was great in that one too.
From his later work I'd say Flowering Cadaver from Antiseptic Bloodbath has some of his best vocals ever. The "out of the same mouth comes blessing and cursing" part is phenomenal! I recall Luke told Neil Kernon pushed him very hard on vocals and I think that shows in the album.

About Holy Danger, if you count that as the beginning of Tourniquet then you would have to say Gary Lenaire isn't an original member either as he wasn't in Holy Danger in the beginning. Holy Danger was a different project. I mean, if we go back that far we should then say Dee Harrington of Saint was in "Tourniquet" before Ted.
No, Tourniquet was formed when Guy and Gary got Ted with them and formed a new band.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Un update:

"THE EPIC TRACKS - CONTEST!!: There are 10 tracks on the CD. One track has already been revealed: Fed by Ravens, Eaten by Vultures. We know you all want to know the track list - but instead of us revealing the other 9 songs, we're going to let YOU do it! And if you guess all 9 songs, we've got a really cool prize for you: the long-ago-sold-out Pathogenic Limited Edition Double Vinyl!!! These are ultra rare and extremely collectible. A couple we offered on Ebay sold for over $150 each. Yours will be one of these: https://youtu.be/xye8rjpUjJs

One contest rule: You must preorder "TOURNIQUET: THE EPIC TRACKS" CD to be eligible to win. If someone guesses all nine tracks, we'll check to see that you have already ordered the CD before we announce. AND - we will not be posting any hints like "You're close", etc. Remember: these are EPIC tracks - and the CD will clock in at just over 76 minutes long. To help you out a little, you can see all our albums, song times, etc. here: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/"
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:59 pm

I'd rather just have the Tourniquet logo patch

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:51 am

Airola wrote:Here's my take on things, controversial and not:

1) Preordered it as soon as I found out about it, of course Very Happy

2) Ok, so this is a compilation of "epic tracks" by Tourniquet. I actually had an idea that Ted should release videos on Youtube where he has compiled different songs by their "vibe", like having a video with only slow doomy tracks included, and a video with only the fastest songs included, and a video with only the most traditional metal songs included and a video with only the longest and most complex tracks included (this new compilation album would basically be this one) etc.

3) Ok, what tracks should be on this? This can't be without Harlot Widow and the Virgin Bride. And maybe even without Tears of Korah. Controversial mode on, I'm thinking whether or not Ted is willing to include Harlot Widow because it's Gary's song. It definitely should be on the album. Gary was the first to compose the "epic style" songs for Tourniquet and his contribution for what still is known as what Tourniquet sometimes do (make long and complex tracks) should definitely be acknowledged especially as it's the first track to do that if we don't count Tears of Korah in.

So what are Tourniquet's epic tracks?

Stop the Bleeding: Korah and Harlot Widow, sure.

From Psychosurgery I'm not sure I would count any of them as epic. Broken Chromosomes goes on emotional and strange directions but it's still pretty simple song. I kinda feel Officium Defunctorum is epic but I doubt it's epic in the sense Ted means epic. Would be pleasantly surprised if it was included though!

On Pathogenic, maybe Skeezix Dilemma?

On Vanishing Lessons... hmm... nothing (stretching what qualifies as epic a lot maybe Sola Christus could be included).

Carry the Wounded: nothing.

Collected Works: The Hand Trembler is kinda epic in that it's a long mixture of traditional heavy metal, doom metal, thrash, death metal, punk and worship music, but it would be weird to have a "bonus track" of a previous compilation album to be included in the next compilation album.

Crawl to China: can't think of any epic tracks, except (again stretching the term a quite a bit) Going Going Gone is kinda epic in a "mammoth" way.

Acoustic Archives: Triviliazing the Momentous is kinda epic but I'm not that much into having these bonus tracks of other compilations to be featured in another compilation. They feel much more special when they are part of the one special album they were first included in. Now, maybe if Tourniquet would release some kind of a "rarities" album with songs like The Tempter, Dogman, Perfect Night, Hand Trembler, Trivializing...

Microscopic View: The Tomb of Gilgamesh is the obvious one. Besprinkled in Scarlet Horror could be one too. And Skeezix II. Maybe Drinking from the Poisoned Well...

Moth: Drawn & Quartered and Healing Waters of the Tigris are the most obvious ones.

Antiseptic: We already know Fed by Ravens will be included. Maybe Lost Language of the Andamans could be another.

Onward to Freedom: maybe Drowning in Air?

Medusa: maybe All Good Things Died Here? It's not that long of a song but it has that long opening riff that has a bit of "The Tomb of Gilgamesh" vibe to it.

4) In today's world there is really not much need and reason for compilation albums except if there are enough new stuff to warrant a purchase for the fans. Currently we only know of Ripper being part of Fed by Ravens. I would really really REALLY hope there would be one or two completely new songs too. While this thing with Ripper is exciting to hear I'm not sure it's enough.

5) Now for the controversial stuff:

Some people are wondering if all Luke's songs are going to be sung by Ripper. I don't think that's the case. I think it just was convenient for Ted to do this with Fed by Ravens as he already has a voiceless version of the whole album so it's easy to do that. As Ted now owns all rights to every Tourniquet album I'm not sure if he has any vocalless versions of any of them except Antiseptic Bloodbath. I doubt he would have the will and interest to track down vocalless masters of the previous albums and I doubt he is interested to have the trouble of creating any either.

What comes to the Voiceless Antiseptic Bloodbath being an insult to Luke, well I don't think it was an insult as fans had asked for instrumental versions of their songs forever already. So the idea was very old. Now, that said, it could've been a fitting time for Ted now to experiment on doing an instrumental version of a previous album and to experiment how Tourniquet would be received without Luke.

As much as I love Luke, I know what people have said in Youtube comments and discussion boards for years and years. I'm sure Ted hasn't ignored those comments either. For surprisingly many people Luke's voice seemed to be the biggest thing that held Tourniquet back. I personally don't think that is the case, but for many people it was so. So while Ted didn't mean to insult Luke with any albums I think he might've wanted to experiment with how Tourniquet would be received without Luke's voice with both the Voiceless Antiseptic Bloodbath and Onward to Freedom. And I recall Ted saying both albums were relatively succesfull. Yes, even the instrumental version of AB. So maybe Ted counted 2+2 and thought it would be better for Tourniquet to go without Luke. And now, maybe he wants to hear how some of the old tracks might've been if there would've been a different vocalist and this is one way to do it especially as it's easy to do that to an AB song because of the instrumental version already existing.

6) For even more controversial stuff:

Let's say there was some real animosity behind letting Luke go and especially now in replacing Luke's vocals with Ripper's. What if the album will completely be without Luke's voice and without Lenaire's songs? We know Gary released the song Vainglorious Hypocrisy with Luke on co-vocals and it's pretty much clear the lyrics are an attack against Ted. There is a clear reference to Pathogenic's lyrics and Gary's lyrics attack the person who wrote those lyrics, there are clear references to past problems, there is a reference to Aaron. And in the end he literally says he gives middle fingers to the target of the song. If Ted is has a personality that wants to jab back a bit I wouldn't be surprised if he'd do something like that with his songs. (I seriously doubt that is the case though.)

In Microscopic there was this theory that Luke wrote Caixa De Raiva against Guy Ritter and while I can see how some could see that I think it's not clear enough to say that for sure, and Luke has denied it too. Now with Vainglorious Hypocrisy, ok it also might be just a theory, but for me there is no doubt about what it's all about, and Luke is there to sing some of that. And when you look at Gary's facebook page, he has been increasingly more against Ted especially now as he has been posting about past Tourniquet a lot for quite a long time. And Luke has been there too and hasn't been too fond with Ted either. So who knows, maybe the bridges have been burned so badly that there really is some childish feud going on. Actually the only one who has seemed to be willing to speak something good about Ted has been Erik Mendez. Now sure, he would laugh at Gary's jokes about Ted being Dr. Evil but it seems it's not coming from a bad place but just having a friendly laugh (I think it became clear from the few years old interview with Erik that he would make fun of everyone, including himself and even though he has been frustrated with Ted at times when he has tried to contact him he still loves him and genuinely wants to be friends with him). While Gary would refuse to mention Ted by name but instead give more or less subtle jabs at him, it has been Erik who has been specifically mentioning Ted along with the other previous members when thinking fondly of the past. Not sure what Victor thinks about him because he hasn't been part of those discussions but at least Erik has showed clear signs of being ok and willing to talk with Ted.

I love all of the past and present members of Tourniquet. I will continue to support Ted, Gary and Luke and I'm always looking forward to hear what any of them have been doing. It's been tough to read Gary being bitter about things that happened over 2 decades ago. Well, I guess he kinda relived the past when Luke got kicked out and it has brought him to continue being bitter. But really, he has been bitter for a long time now, way before Luke got let go, but it seems he has been increasingly more bitter lately.

Oh well, maybe Ted just wants to move on and lets Gary's songs be there with no problem, or let Luke vocals be in the rest of the songs without even thinking about it. Maybe he's still genuinely proud of what Gary and Luke have brought to the band. In the end, all this is is just speculation with a hint of gossiping.

7) Back to less controversial stuff and ending it on a lighter note:

I wonder if hoping for one or even two new tracks would be too high of a hope.
They can put around 74 minutes of music on one CD. That's 10 a bit over 7 minute tracks. Some of the epic Tourniquet songs are over 7 minutes, some are under. Some are over 9 minutes. Are there already enough epic tracks to fill the album completely? Two new "epic" tracks would probably require at least 12 minutes. Maybe even 14. So there would be time for 60-62 minutes of old songs. How many epic Tourniquet tracks can fit to that?
I really hope Ted would leave room for even some 4 or 5 minute track. Or heck, I'd be ok with a new 2-3 minute track too.

Anyway, I've ordered the album and I'm excited to see what the song list will be and listen to the new version of Fed by Ravens.

What is the reference to Aaron on Gary’s song?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next