The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your top 20 Christian Metal Songs EVER .....

+18
eatbugs
Airola
Grindboy
Pethead
graybeardheadbanger
TZ75
crucifyd
Sevenoneself
Dr3ams
Constantine
Dustofyears
Hardcore Christian
Ammocas
Black Rider
cailen
Superjuice
average joe
Temple of Blood
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your top 20 Christian Metal Songs EVER ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your top 20 Christian Metal Songs EVER .....

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:54 pm

If that's the greatest Crucified song then that explains why I was never a fan of theirs.  It is VERY repetitive.  I still contend that Minier had better tracks than that.

"Besprinkled" is a Christian metal classic I think.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Your top 20 Christian Metal Songs EVER ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your top 20 Christian Metal Songs EVER .....

Post by Grindboy Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:If that's the greatest Crucified song then that explains why I was never a fan of theirs.  It is VERY repetitive.  I still contend that Minier had better tracks than that.

That's one of the interesting things about lists like this. You sometimes discover how differently people hear things, even when we think we agree. They didn't have anything that made my list, but I love The Crucified. . . never really loved Mindbender like so many others seem to. Could have easily gone with Path to Sorrow, Thread, Crucial Moment, Diehard, Pillars of Humanity WAY before Mindbender. Similar with Slay the Wicked or even Weapons of Our Warfare, I agree with probably a majority that it's my favorite D record, but I think both those tracks are lackluster. People (not on this thread so far!) love Living Sacrifice for Reject and Truth Solution? I also love Living Sacrifice. . . but those are borderline skip tracks for me. I don't know, just something about the "diversity within the (apparent) homogeneity" (sp?) is fascinating to me.

Anyway, SO many amazing bands and songs that can't make the list, but I guess that's part of the fun. Not necessarily in order:

1. Crimson Moonlight -- Embraced by the Beauty of Cold
2. Sympathy -- The Shining Ones
3. Hope for the Dying -- The Awakening: Dissimulation
4. Slechtvalk -- Allegiance
5. Becoming the Archetype -- Elegy
6. As I Lay Dying -- The Forsaken
7. August Burns Red -- Whitewashed
8. Phinehas -- In the Night
9. A Plea for Purging -- Resurrection of the Beast
10. Immortal Souls -- Christ Mass
11. Demon Hunter -- Not I
12. Grave Declaration -- Change of Heart
13. Tourniquet -- Besprinkled in Scarlet Horror
14. Vengeance Rising -- Out of the Will
15. Crimson Thorn -- Humbled
16. Antestor -- Old Times Cruelty
17. The Burial -- A Thousand Arms
18. Pantokrator -- Wedlock
19. Six Feet Deep -- Apathetic

20. Embodyment -- Shroud of Darkness

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:13 pm

I'm actually surprised by how different all these lists are.

Interesting underrepresentation of Stryper / Michael Sweet!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Grindboy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:If that's the greatest Crucified song then that explains why I was never a fan of theirs.  It is VERY repetitive.  I still contend that Minier had better tracks than that.

That's one of the interesting things about lists like this. You sometimes discover how differently people hear things, even when we think we agree. They didn't have anything that made my list, but I love The Crucified. . . never really loved Mindbender like so many others seem to. Could have easily gone with Path to Sorrow, Thread, Crucial Moment, Diehard, Pillars of Humanity WAY before Mindbender. Similar with Slay the Wicked or even Weapons of Our Warfare, I agree with probably a majority that it's my favorite D record, but I think both those tracks are lackluster. People (not on this thread so far!) love Living Sacrifice for Reject and Truth Solution? I also love Living Sacrifice. . . but those are borderline skip tracks for me. I don't know, just something about the "diversity within the (apparent) homogeneity" (sp?) is fascinating to me.

Anyway, SO many amazing bands and songs that can't make the list, but I guess that's part of the fun. Not necessarily in order:

It's one of the things that I'm falling in love with about the church: we are all so different. God has blessed us with differing personalities, spiritual gifts, strengths, weaknesses. Even though I'm absolutely convinced there is only one correct and biblical perspective, I have to believe God when He tells us in His Word that others can view certain situations better than me, and that I sometimes even bring wrong thinking into a situation. We need all of us!

I look at some of the lists and I think, "man, they need to get out and listen to more albums by this or that band". And then I read your list and I've only heard of 7 of the bands and only listened to 4 of them! I guess I need to take my own advice!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dr3ams and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:15 pm

"Besprinkled" is a Christian metal classic I think.

That’s not my favorite Crucified song. I like it though… 

There’s a good amount of Slayer influence on the s/t album. Try “One Demon to Another” and “Back to the Cross”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:20 pm

Ok, this seems rather impossible to do... I went through my CM collection and picked songs that I really love and left out a lot, and ended up with a list of 93 songs Very Happy

In my list the Tourniquet songs alone make 23 songs and I had to really push myself to not include a ton of songs from them.

So... I need to have some method to pick out the absolute cream of the crop. I don't know how I'm going to do that...

Ok, let's see. My list of 93 songs has some clear choices that I simply can't leave outside the list. Let's go with those first.

Tourniquet: Psycho Surgery
Tourniquet: A Dog's Breakfast
Tourniquet: Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance
Tourniquet: The Skeezix Dilemma
Tourniquet: The Test for Leprosy
Tourniquet: Ready Or Not

That's already 6 out of 20. But in my mind those songs are all heavy metal classics that are right there along the all time best mainstream metal songs. And my gut is twisting because I've left so many other Tourniquet classics out already. But put a gun in my head and force me to delete all but six TQT songs and this is the list you would get.

Ok what else are on my list of 93 songs that just simply CAN'T be left out. The songs that are absolute heavy metal classics in and out of the CM subgenre...

Stryper: In God We Trust
Stryper: To Hell with the Devil
Stryper: Caught in the Middle
Stryper: More than a Man
Stryper: Soldiers Under Command

Oh no... Stryper is about to fill the whole list if I let them... So, onto other bands...

Believer: Trilogy of Knowledge - Movement II - The Truth

Yeah, if I only could pick 20 CM songs to listen to for the rest of my life, that part from Believer's Trilogy of Knowledge has to be in that list. There's no way around it.

There has to be some Deliverance too, but again I could easily fill the rest of the list with their songs so I have to be extremely picky...

Deliverance: Flesh & Blood
Deliverance: 23

Bloodgood's got to be there too!

Bloodgood: America

Oh dear... Where's Mortification. I can't make a list like this and not include Mortification to it...

Mortification: From the Valley of the Shadows

And speaking of heaaaaavvyyyyy songs, I used to play this one from Paramaecium over and over and over again. I couldn't live the rest of my life without ever listening to this song again:

Paramaecium: Removed from the Grave

Oh, the best song of Sacred Warrior has to be there too!

Sacred Warrior: Day of the Lord

Oh no... 18 songs already...

Ok, I really have to be hyper extremely picky now... Oh man, Saviour Machine was super important to me decades ago. Kinda bordering on what's metal and what's not, but these two songs bring me back to a certain mood that I cherish to this day.

Saviour Machine: Carnival of Souls
Saviour Machine: Antichrist I

So, this is my top20:

Saviour Machine:
Antichrist I

I have to give a shout-out to some of the songs that were left out...

Tourniquet: The Hand Trembler, Carry the Wounded, Incommensurate, Harlot Widow, Trivializing, Besprinkled, Sola Christus, Melting the Golden Calf, Gazing at Medusa, Vanishing Lessons, Pushin' Broom... etc etc etc etc
Ultimatum: Symphonic Extremities
Veni Domine: Wrath of the Lion
Towne Cryer: Always There
Stryper: Yahweh, The Writings on the Wall, Lonely, The Way, Saved By Love, Te Amo, The Reign, Rock the Hell Out of You... etc...
Saviour Machine: Behold the Pale Horse
Possession: Beyond the Grave
Mortification: Clan of the Light, Apocalyptic Terror, Terminate Damnation, Scrolls of the Megilloth, Livin' Like a Zombie, Web of Fire, Live by the Sword... etc...
Living Sacrifice: Violence, Departure
Believer: Singularity, Extraction from Mortality, Unite, Vile Hypocrisy, Shadow of Death, Medwton, The Need for Conflict, Dies Irae... etc
Betrayal: The Invitation, Prophets of Baal, Plead the Blood, Ichabod, Frantic
Bloodgood: Rounded Are the Rocks, Crucify, The Messiah, Out of the Darkness, Top of the Mountain, She's Gone... etc...
Bride: Silence Is Madness
Deliverance: Prophet of Idiocy, Stay of Execution, Victory, Center of It All, Pseudo Intellectual, It's the Beat... etc...
Frost Like Ashes: Shattered Gods
Flood: Design, Freeloading Larceny, Darfur, Biotech Babylon
Seventh Angel: No Longer a Child, Life in All Its Emptiness, Tormented Forever, Expletive Deleted

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, TZ75, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:46 pm

Airola wrote:Ok, this seems rather impossible to do... I went through my CM collection and picked songs that I really love and left out a lot, and ended up with a list of 93 songs Very Happy

In my list the Tourniquet songs alone make 23 songs and I had to really push myself to not include a ton of songs from them.

So... I need to have some method to pick out the absolute cream of the crop. I don't know how I'm going to do that...

Ok, let's see. My list of 93 songs has some clear choices that I simply can't leave outside the list. Let's go with those first.

That's already 6 out of 20. But in my mind those songs are all heavy metal classics that are right there along the all time best mainstream metal songs. And my gut is twisting because I've left so many other Tourniquet classics out already. But put a gun in my head and force me to delete all but six TQT songs and this is the list you would get.

Ok what else are on my list of 93 songs that just simply CAN'T be left out. The songs that are absolute heavy metal classics in and out of the CM subgenre...

Oh no... Stryper is about to fill the whole list if I let them... So, onto other bands...

Yeah, if I only could pick 20 CM songs to listen to for the rest of my life, that part from Believer's Trilogy of Knowledge has to be in that list. There's no way around it.

There has to be some Deliverance too, but again I could easily fill the rest of the list with their songs so I have to be extremely picky...

Bloodgood's got to be there too!

Oh dear... Where's Mortification. I can't make a list like this and not include Mortification to it...

And speaking of heaaaaavvyyyyy songs, I used to play this one from Paramaecium over and over and over again. I couldn't live the rest of my life without ever listening to this song again:

Oh, the best song of Sacred Warrior has to be there too!

Oh no... 18 songs already...

Ok, I really have to be hyper extremely picky now... Oh man, Saviour Machine was super important to me decades ago. Kinda bordering on what's metal and what's not, but these two songs bring me back to a certain mood that I cherish to this day.

Saviour Machine: Antichrist I

So, this is my top20:

Saviour Machine:
Antichrist I

I have to give a shout-out to some of the songs that were left out...

Tourniquet: The Hand Trembler, Carry the Wounded, Incommensurate, Harlot Widow, Trivializing, Besprinkled, Sola Christus, Melting the Golden Calf, Gazing at Medusa, Vanishing Lessons, Pushin' Broom... etc etc etc etc
Ultimatum: Symphonic Extremities
Veni Domine: Wrath of the Lion
Towne Cryer: Always There
Stryper: Yahweh, The Writings on the Wall, Lonely, The Way, Saved By Love, Te Amo, The Reign, Rock the Hell Out of You... etc...
Saviour Machine: Behold the Pale Horse
Possession: Beyond the Grave
Mortification: Clan of the Light, Apocalyptic Terror, Terminate Damnation, Scrolls of the Megilloth, Livin' Like a Zombie, Web of Fire, Live by the Sword... etc...
Living Sacrifice: Violence, Departure
Believer: Singularity, Extraction from Mortality, Unite, Vile Hypocrisy, Shadow of Death, Medwton, The Need for Conflict, Dies Irae... etc
Betrayal: The Invitation, Prophets of Baal, Plead the Blood, Ichabod, Frantic
Bloodgood: Rounded Are the Rocks, Crucify, The Messiah, Out of the Darkness, Top of the Mountain, She's Gone... etc...
Bride: Silence Is Madness
Deliverance: Prophet of Idiocy, Stay of Execution, Victory, Center of It All, Pseudo Intellectual, It's the Beat... etc...
Frost Like Ashes: Shattered Gods
Flood: Design, Freeloading Larceny, Darfur, Biotech Babylon
Seventh Angel: No Longer a Child, Life in All Its Emptiness, Tormented Forever, Expletive Deleted

Nice effort! 
I see a lot of the same songs that I like!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:55 pm

I had to leave out Betrayal and Precious Death. I really like some songs from The Passing and Southpaw albums. 

I think we need a top 100 instead!  Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:14 pm

TZ75 wrote:I think we need a top 100 instead!  Razz

We had a top 100 albums thread once.  That was tough!  Songs would be even tougher (notice I didn't even submit a 20 list).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:48 am

eatbugs wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I think we need a top 100 instead!  Razz

We had a top 100 albums thread once.  That was tough!  Songs would be even tougher (notice I didn't even submit a 20 list).

At least with 100 I could get a lot more in. 20 is too cutthroat!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:46 am

[list=margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;padding-inline-start:48px;][*]Skillet - Comatose 9.9
[*]Skillet - What I Believe 9.9
[*]Tourniquet - Broken Chromosomes 9.9
[*]Skillet - Awake and Alive 9.9
[*]Red - Fight Inside 9.8
[*]Deliverance - Time 9.8
[*]Skillet - Rebirthing 9.8
[*]Skillet - Fingernails 9.8
[*]Skillet - Collide 9.8
[*]Skillet - Whispers in the Dark 9.7
[*]Deliverance - 1990 9.7
[*]Disciple - 1, 2, Conductor 9.7
[*]Skillet - I Want to Live 9.7
[*]Skillet - Monster 9.7
[*]Tourniquet - The Tomb of Gilgamesh 9.7
[*]Red - A.I. 9.6
[*]Disciple - Golden Calf 9.6
[*]Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare 9.6
[*]Deliverance - Flesh and Blood 9.6
[*]Skillet - Hero 9.6
[/list]

Yeah, yeah, some of this isn't metal. It's got distorted guitars, so I put it in.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:58 am

(Sorted by band, rather than exact order)
Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Theocracy - The Serpent’s Kiss
Theocracy - Laying the Demon to Rest
Theocracy - As the World Bleeds
Adorned Graves - Valley of Achor
Adorned Graves - Lord of the Stone
Adorned Graves - Epitaph 2
Adorned Graves - Progenitors
Adorned Graves - Effervescent Torrent
Adorned Graves - Primal Ocean
Epta Astera - Noche Oscura
Epta Astera - Aletheia
Epta Astera - Sola Gratia
Epta Astera - Augsburg
Epta Astera - Metanoia
Tourniquet - Broken Chromosomes
Tourniquet - Tears of Korah
Biogenesis - Tears of God
Ecthirion - Uproot
Golden Resurrection - Flaming Youth

Last edited by seth on Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Aporia Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:24 pm

Vengeance Rising - Fill this Place With Blood
Believer - Unite
Oblation - Obliteration Conceived
Paramecium - Untombed
Barren Cross - Close to the Edge
Bride - Out for Blood/Silence is Madness (tie)
Stryper - Loud N Clear
Rob Rock - I'm A Warrior
Living Sacrifice - Violence/ Distorted
Deliverance - This Present Darkness/Temporary Insanity/Pseudo Intellectual
Mortification - Brutal Warfare
Tourniquet - Psycho Surgery/Ruminating Virulence
Final Axe - Close to Deliverance
Precious Death - Force Fed
Neon Cross - Run to the Light

Aporia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddierecords1 Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:56 pm

Don't listen to a lot of bands so list will not be as varied. Somewhat but not really in order 

Extol- blood red cover 
Extol- gift beyond human reach
Extol- open the gates 
Extol-celestial completion
Extol-the prodigal son 
Extol-ember 
Extol- psychopath 
Extol- Gloriana 
Extol-aperture
Antestor-mercy lord 
Antestor-tifklut 
Antestor-unchained 
Opus irae-burden of man 
Dalit- descent 
Strongarm-these times test a mans soul 
Strongarm- trials 
P.o.d- abortion is murder 
Underoath-burden in my hands 
Underoath-the last

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2