The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone ever heard of these bands?

+12
Lex Metalis
Ammocas
oldschooldoom
arttieTHE1manparty
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
Kerrick
MadKraken
Temple of Blood
MikeInFla
HenrikB
Opeth3232
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has anyone ever heard of these bands?  Empty Has anyone ever heard of these bands?

Post by Opeth3232 Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:20 am

I got an mp3 for my birthday from my family and it is loaded with bands I have never heard of before that they put on it for me has anyone ever heard of these bands

Music is excellent, some of it though is demos which arent to bad at all

1 Ascend from the caldron by Deadly Blessing
2 Celestial Messenger by Trytan 
3 Coming again by Bloody Cross. Never heard of them
4 Cornerstone 86 live Barren Cross
5 Cut the crap by The Warning? Never heard of them 
6 Dark face of greed by Armor Of God. Never heard of them although they have serious Nightwish envy going on.
7 Death by sin by Towne Cryer. Never heard of them
8 Decretum by Rising Sunset. Never heard of them either 
9 Demo by Lazarus. Never heard of either
10 Demos and rarities 1980-1995 by Trouble
11 about 4 Grave Forsaken albums
12 Divine retribution by Angel Of Sodom
13 Emerging extermination by Supresion. Never heard of them singers meh though
14 Eternal Emperor by Crimson Moonlight 
15 about 4 Veni Domine albums 
16 Final Warning remastered by Messiah. Listened to it for the first time and fell in love with the album. Can't believe they never made it
17 My poor generation by Glen Swartz and the all saved freak band. Never heard of them but for something from 1973 its amazing
18 Headbanging 201 a Christian thrash,death,black metal comp its ok
19 Hear i am by Thresher
20 Hex Breaker by Devil Beheaded. Never heard of them
21 Holy despair by AHTDU as well as 2 other albums by them
22 2 albums called Intense records presents recorded live by Die Happy and Deliverance 
23 2 albums by some band called Mad Dragster. Never heard of them
24 Bloodgood live at metal mardi gras 87. Wish Pastor Bob would rerelease this on dvd
25 2 albums called Live at cornerstone by Deliverance and Sacred Warrior
26 Enclave live at genos. Never heard of them
27 Bloodgood live at the moore 86
28 Warlord live in athens. Never heard of them either
29 Metal Unblack by Christagedon. Amazing! 
30 Nuclear Sunrise by Hand Of Fire. Never heard of them
31 Out of the depths of the grave by Adorned Graves. Never heard of them
32 Redefine mayhem by Holy Moses. Never heard of them
33 Socially unacceptable by Jesus Freaks
34 The Crucified the complete collection
35 Thrashing for the king ep by Bloody Cross. Never heard of them
36 Totally Possessed by Thresher
37 some ep by a band called Ritual Servant and a full album. Never heard of them
38 Demo by X Sinner

im going to stop there I was wondering has anyone heard of these bands and any thoughts on them? The thrash stuff is amazing. I've had a great birthday
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever heard of these bands?  Empty Re: Has anyone ever heard of these bands?

Post by HenrikB Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:34 am

Opeth3232 wrote:20 Hex Breaker by Devil Beheaded. Never heard of them
37 some ep by a band called Ritual Servant and a full album. Never heard of them

im going to stop there I was wondering has anyone heard of these bands and any thoughts on them? The thrash stuff is amazing. I've had a great birthday
Apart from some of the bands you've also heard, I've heard of these four bands.

I'm Facebook friends with the guy behind Devil Beheaded, and we're both members of the Christian Metalheads International Facebook group. I like the song material, but the production could be a whole lot better. But from what I understand, he does everything himself, so...

Hand of Fire have been on Rottweiler Records, according to Wikipedia they aren't anymore though. I heard people refer to their album as album of the year when it was released. I really like it too, strong material and great production.

I think Adorned Graves are great, they're from Germany and they played Rainbow Rock Festival in Sweden last year. Their sound brings me back to my youth!

I haven't listened much to Ritual Servant, but I've heard of them...
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever heard of these bands?  Empty Re: Has anyone ever heard of these bands?

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:59 am

Ritual Servant is also a regular poster here on the forum https://thecmr.forumotion.com/u1249
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am

Deadly Blessing - amazing band and I am a huge fan.  My band recorded a cover version of theirs with their lead singer:

Warlord - brilliant band

I've heard of most all of those bands.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MadKraken Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:05 am

Being a fan of extreme metal in particular, I'm most familiar with these:

Crimson Moonlight and A Hill to Die Upon are two of my favorites, and are generally considered essentials for Christian extreme metal fans.
MadKraken
MadKraken
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:13 pm

A lot of those are pretty classic within the Christian scene, but also some I've never heard of either.  Below are some notes on a few of the ones I'm more familiar with.

Angel Of Sodom - I don't think they consider themselves a "Christian band" but the lyrics are definitely Christian themed.  They share a couple members with Renascent who I really like a lot and highly recommend if you dig symphonic death metal.

Crimson Moonlight - one of the most popular Christian black metal bands.  They're very good.  Eternal Emperor was their first EP and is pretty good though IMO their subsequent material is better.

Veni Domine - someone mentioned wishing these guys' albums would get re-released and I agree!

Warlord - their albums have been on my want-list for a while now.  I'm not aware of any other Christian bands with a comparable sound.

Christagedon - there's been a bunch of facebook drama from these guys' ex-vocalist and his other ex-band (Demonic Extinction) members over the last couple of days.

Adorned Graves - their album was one of my top favorites from 2017.  It's really fantastic and great lyrics too.  Their vocalist Cailen is a member here to boot!

Ritual Servant - these guys are super good too.  Expect to see their album in most everyone's best-of-2019 lists.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Towne Cryer was 90's a female fronted, power metal band. There's a thread in here about them, pretty good stuff and I'd like to hear a remaster of them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:47 am

Really enjoy the last two Grave Forsaken albums. They've gotten better as they've gone along for my taste.

Holy Moses is anti-Christian and have been since their inception. That's an odd band to be on there.

Supresion - agreed on the vocalist. Definitely the weak part of their sound and the reason I rarely listen to that album, though otherwise it's pretty solid.

Love those early Veni Domine albums. I actually enjoy everything they've done but don't listen to the rest past the 1st and 2nd with any regularity.

Warlord has some amazing material. Classic heavy metal, like early Fates Warning in some ways. Holy Empire was an incredible comeback. Mark Zonder the drummer was in Fates Warning for many years and his style is unique and distinct.

Echoing what others have said, Ritual Servant is outstanding!

The Crucified is outstanding crossover (thrash/punk).
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:43 pm

HenrikB wrote:
Opeth3232 wrote:20 Hex Breaker by Devil Beheaded. Never heard of them

Apart from some of the bands you've also heard, I've heard of these four bands.

I'm Facebook friends with the guy behind Devil Beheaded, and we're both members of the Christian Metalheads International Facebook group. I like the song material, but the production could be a whole lot better. But from what I understand, he does everything himself, so...

Hand of Fire have been on Rottweiler Records, according to Wikipedia they aren't anymore though. I heard people refer to their album as album of the year when it was released. I really like it too, strong material and great production.

I think Adorned Graves are great, they're from Germany and they played Rainbow Rock Festival in Sweden last year. Their sound brings me back to my youth!

I haven't listened much to Ritual Servant, but I've heard of them...
I've been listening to the Ritual Servant stuff a lot its very good you should check it out my friend.
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:46 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Really enjoy the last two Grave Forsaken albums. They've gotten better as they've gone along for my taste.

Holy Moses is anti-Christian and have been since their inception. That's an odd band to be on there.

Supresion - agreed on the vocalist. Definitely the weak part of their sound and the reason I rarely listen to that album, though otherwise it's pretty solid.

Love those early Veni Domine albums. I actually enjoy everything they've done but don't listen to the rest past the 1st and 2nd with any regularity.

Warlord has some amazing material. Classic heavy metal, like early Fates Warning in some ways. Holy Empire was an incredible comeback. Mark Zonder the drummer was in Fates Warning for many years and his style is unique and distinct.

I just figured that out about Holy Moses my brother thought it a good joke sence I'm a nut for this stuff good music though. My favorite one I'm enjoying is Grave Forsakens Reap What You Sow and Mad Dragzter really good stuff!
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:Towne Cryer was 90's a female fronted, power metal band. There's a thread in here about them, pretty good stuff and I'd like to hear a remaster of them.
They really deserve it. My brother shocked me with half of what he put on my mp3 was from Lps and Towne Cryer was one of them he has on on album and he isnt in a trading mood lol
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:00 am

Kerrick wrote:A lot of those are pretty classic within the Christian scene, but also some I've never heard of either.  Below are some notes on a few of the ones I'm more familiar with.

Angel Of Sodom - I don't think they consider themselves a "Christian band" but the lyrics are definitely Christian themed.  They share a couple members with Renascent who I really like a lot and highly recommend if you dig symphonic death metal.

Crimson Moonlight - one of the most popular Christian black metal bands.  They're very good.  Eternal Emperor was their first EP and is pretty good though IMO their subsequent material is better.

Veni Domine - someone mentioned wishing these guys' albums would get re-released and I agree!

Warlord - their albums have been on my want-list for a while now.  I'm not aware of any other Christian bands with a comparable sound.

Christagedon - there's been a bunch of facebook drama from these guys' ex-vocalist and his other ex-band (Demonic Extinction) members over the last couple of days.

Adorned Graves - their album was one of my top favorites from 2017.  It's really fantastic and great lyrics too.  Their vocalist Cailen is a member here to boot!

Ritual Servant - these guys are super good too.  Expect to see their album in most everyone's best-of-2019 lists.

Adorned Graves surprised me my friend I had never heard of them before and am really glad I got to hear them. Ritual servant is quickly becoming a favorite they prove thrash is still alive so does the Seventh Angel stuff. Now if I can him out of the Lps lol
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:02 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Deadly Blessing - amazing band and I am a huge fan.  My band recorded a cover version of theirs with their lead singer:

Warlord - brilliant band

Ha! I've heard on YouTube you guys smoke bro!
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:04 am

MadKraken wrote:Being a fan of extreme metal in particular, I'm most familiar with these:

Crimson Moonlight and A Hill to Die Upon are two of my favorites, and are generally considered essentials for Christian extreme metal fans.
I really liked the Eternal Emperor ep not bad at all. I've heard there latest. Very different from the ep but awesome still the same
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Warlord - brilliant band

Dang, shopping for their albums has me a bit discouraged!  Most are somewhat pricey...  Anyone know of a good place to get their material?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:Deadly Blessing - amazing band and I am a huge fan.  My band recorded a cover version of theirs with their lead singer:

Warlord - brilliant band

Ha! I've heard on YouTube you guys smoke bro!

Thanks man!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:I got an mp3 for my birthday from my family and it is loaded with bands I have never heard of before that they put on it for me has anyone ever heard of these bands

2 Celestial Messenger by Trytan 

4 Cornerstone 86 live Barren Cross

6 Dark face of greed by Armor Of God. Never heard of them although they have serious Nightwish envy going on.
7 Death by sin by Towne Cryer. Never heard of them

19 Hear i am by Thresher

22 2 albums called Intense records presents recorded live by Die Happy and Deliverance 

32 Redefine mayhem by Holy Moses. Never heard of them
33 Socially unacceptable by Jesus Freaks

36 Totally Possessed by Thresher

I know some of these have been touched upon, but my two cents....

2. Celestial Messenger by Trytan.  Very much a Rush-styled/inspired band.  A lot of keyboard elements and AOR guitars.  They released two album, the second of which is their best, in my opinion.

4.  Cornerstone Live 86 by Barren Cross To my knowledge, this is a bootleg of that live show.  I have never seen an actual, professional copy of this, although I have come across a couple of VERY good looking bootlegs.

6.  Dark Face of Greed by Armor Of God.  Pretty good female fronted band, if it is the same Armor Of God (there have been a couple).  I have one of their CDs, but I honestly couldn't tell you the track listing on it.

7.  Death By Sin by Towne Cryer  Female fronted metal that incorporates thrash elements in places.  Pretty good.  Was fairly rare at one time, but I believe it was re-issued at some point.

19.  Here I Am by Thresher.  Solid thrash.  Roxx Records put out this album in 2009.  There is also another album called Totally Possessed, which is pretty hard to come by.  

22.  Die Happy and Deliverance Intense Live.  Intense Records put out these albums (along with Torniquet (Volume 2), Rose (Volume 3), and Mortal (Volume 5).  These two are the best and are the two I still pull out.  Tourniquet's has Les Carlson from Bloodgood on vocals, which makes several of the songs pretty different in their sound.  I was never a fan of Mortal, but I have it (and Rose) to keep the collection complete.  All were recorded "live" in the studio, hence the name Intense Live.

32.  Redefine Mayhem by Holy Moses.  DEFINITELY not Christian.  Female-fronted German thrash.  They have been around in one form or another since 1981 with Sabina on vocals.  Good music, questionable lyrics at times.  

33.  Socially Unacceptable by Jesus Freaks.  Great thrash! 

34.  The Crucified Complete Collection.  Speaks for itself.  The collected works of one of the most important punk/thrash crossover bands in Christian metal history.  A lot of really good stuff there.

36.  Totally Possessed by Thresher.  See #19.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:Really enjoy the last two Grave Forsaken albums. They've gotten better as they've gone along for my taste.

I just figured that out about Holy Moses my brother thought it a good joke sence I'm a nut for this stuff good music though. My favorite one I'm enjoying is Grave Forsakens Reap What You Sow and Mad Dragzter really good stuff!
I'm guessing this is NOT the Holy Moses doom band from North Carolina
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:39 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Opeth3232 wrote:

I'm guessing this is NOT the Holy Moses doom band from North Carolina
Reap What You Sow by Grave Forsaken is one of their best...check out ‘It Has Begun’ (their latest), I think it rips! Fight to the Death is brutally good and I like ‘Beside the River of Blood’ (I believe it’s their first release).

Oldschooldoom, I’m not sure about Holy Moses...don’t think it is.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Grave Forsaken is excellent! Can't go wrong there.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 pm

^^  Metal 1
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:I got an mp3 for my birthday from my family and it is loaded with bands I have never heard of before that they put on it for me has anyone ever heard of these bands

23 2 albums by some band called Mad Dragster. Never heard of them. 

About Mad Dragzter, just hte last album it's a christian metal album
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by _wes Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:39 pm

Trouble was a Christian influenced stoner/doom band out of Chicago. This would be good to hear!!
_wes
_wes
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Location : Burke, VA - > Panama City, FL - > Montgomery, AL > Panama City FL (Lynn H aven) > DC > Dayton, OH > Huntsville, AL

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:53 am

Mad Dragzter was. Did u see the album cover and lyrics?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:54 am

I've heard of just about all those bands.  Great stuff all around!  Your family gave a great gift, although try to buy music from some of the bands still around so you're supporting them.  They're not going to keep making music if nobody buys any.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next