The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD

+2
Follower of Jesus
Bill Roxx
6 posters

Go down

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Empty Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD

Post by Bill Roxx Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Roxx Records is bringing you another long lost Christian Metal classic that has been out of print for years and years! Red Sea released one album entitled ‘Blood’ before calling it a day back in 1994. The album was critically acclaimed and garnered quite a bit of attention back then, but alas given the hard rock and metal market at that time the album ended up being a one off and a follow up was never recorded. 

Red Sea featured the amazing vocal talents of Robin Basauri (Die Happy, Joshua) the guitar playing of Chris Sorenson (Fear Not) drums of Jeff Martin (Badlands, Racer X) and rounded out on bass by Greg  Chaisson (Badlands, Die Happy).  The album boasted very well done heavy, bluesy rock boarding on metal. What you got here was a band that sounded very much like Badlands but featured Christian lyrics and themes.

2019 marks the 25th anniversary of this classic album and we revisit it and improve upon it in every way we possibly can. This 25th anniversary edition features only those 11 classic tracks completely remastered by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound. It also boasts brand new upgraded artwork and design that holds true to the original concept by Scott Waters of No Life Til Metal Graphics. 

Blood is being pressed on vinyl for the very first time ever in a limited edition pressing of only 500 pieces. There will be a limited pressing of 150 on red vinyl and 350 on black vinyl. Also a brand new limited edition CD pressing housed in a jewel case with a beautiful 8 page booklet with lyrics liner notes and previously unreleased archive photos of the band. 

Stop by and check out our brand new website and get in on the pre order now for special bonus items and special packs which also feature new pre orders from Helix, Mass and Weapons of God. 

Track Listing:
01. Soulshaker (4:50)
02. Blood (4:52)
03. Wolves At The Door (7:19)
04. Dust To Dust (5:32)
05. Last Days Of Winter (4:36)
06. Walk On Fire (3:57)
07. Shades Of Purple (5:18) 
08. Hellbound Train (5:29)
09. Losin’ My Way (5:50)
10. Down Home Static (1:04) 
11. Tears Of Joy (4:44)

RELEASE DATE: August 30, 2019
www.roxxrecords.com
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Empty Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:55 am

As always, create a download option and I'm all over this. But no more CDs.

That being said, the original is solid.

Also, I think the guitarist was Chris Howell (not Sorenson).
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Empty Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:24 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:As always, create a download option and I'm all over this. But no more CDs.

Actually, Chris was both listed as Howell AND Sorenson depending on the band he was with.  He was Chris Howell on Red Sea and Chris Sorenson on Love Life.  He is the same guy.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:02 pm

If you don't have this then pick it up but I'm happy with the original.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:As always, create a download option and I'm all over this. But no more CDs.

Actually, Chris was both listed as Howell AND Sorenson depending on the band he was with.  He was Chris Howell on Red Sea and Chris Sorenson on Love Life.  He is the same guy.

What was with the name change?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:11 pm

Absolutely love this album! I think it sounds great as it but I will say the new front cover looks wonderful! The old was junk like Barren Cross' Rattle Your Cage. Not really the band's fault. It was those early days of CGI that looks terrible in retrospect. Glad to see the update! 

This album should have been a recognized classic beyond Christian circles. It's got a legendary quality to it. The performances, the production, the songwriting are just unbelievable!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:27 am

I heard Red Sea on youtube the other day. It's great bluesy hard rock. I'll likely get this on cd and vinyl.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down