The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone heard of these Christian bands?

+6
MikeInFla
eatbugs
Black Rider
Kerrick
alldatndensum
WildWorld
10 posters

Go down

Anyone heard of these Christian bands? Empty Anyone heard of these Christian bands?

Post by WildWorld Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:47 pm

I got a used cd at the library, must have been from a magazine, called "7ball Gas Collection 20" from 2000. I got it because I did recognize the band Pillar, but the rest of these bands are unknown to me. Anyone heard of these bands, and do you have any info on them (I doubt that they're all metal, which is why I listed it here)?:
The Choir
Squad 5-0
Bill Malonee and Vigilantes of Love
Watashi Wa
Fros't
Sundry
Prosper
Element 101
Wyrick
The Straw Theory
Builder
Lady Jane Grey
Anchor
Pops Body Shop
Paradigm 70
10 Fingers Counting
Quietwiser
Seed

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of these Christian bands? Empty Re: Anyone heard of these Christian bands?

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:19 pm

I have heard of these but have never owned any of their music:

The Choir
Squad 5-0
Vigilantes of Love
Watashi Wa
Element 101
Wyrick

Squad-50 was from the pop punk era.  Wyrick was an industrial metal band featuring Travis Wyrick.  He is most known for producing bands like Disciple, Gretchen, Eowyn, and the list goes on and on.  The Choir is definitely alternative rock, but not in the more modern meaning.  These guys were just different, but in a cool way. 

Anyway, you should be able to find samples of these on Youtube.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of these Christian bands? Empty Re: Anyone heard of these Christian bands?

Post by Kerrick Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:22 pm

EDIT: ninja'd.

Vigilantes Of Love has been mentioned/recommended in the Wovenhand thread.  I just heard about 'em but they're supposed to be extremely good.

Wow, Squad 5-0 is a name I haven't heard in a long time!  That band was very popular when I was in middle-school.  (I went to a private Christian school.)  I think they're ska?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 am

I used to enjoy those collections, though, I liked very few of the bands it was fun to find a gem.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:07 pm

The Choir is one of my all-time favorite bands.  Not at all metal though.  Check out the songs "Beautiful Scandalous Night" and "What You Think I Am."  The albums Speckled Bird and Circle Slide are my favorites although ask 10 fans you might get 10 different answers on that one.

Squad Five-0 started as a pseudo-ska band but morphed into a rock band.  Their later albums are less Christian than their early ones.  Bombs Over Broadway (written BEFORE 9/11) and the self-titled are my favorites.

I only have one Vigilantes of Love CD but I like it.  It's Americana-rock.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:13 am

I went to high school with Travis Wyrick. The Wyrick project wasn't my thing but he's busy these days producing. In high school his band was very much like a Van Halen type band called SAGE. He can shred with a guitar when he wants to. Saw his band in high school many times perform at school and around town (Saw them open for Bad Company and they also opened for Bon Jovi).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:18 am

I only know the Choir and they're very good, one of the best known Christian alt rock bands. Jangly, psychedelic alt rock would be my description, with Circle Slide and Chase the Kangaroo being the must listens.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by /< Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 am

The Choir: Great alt-rock band.  Been listening to them since the late-80's.  I was almost exclusively a metalhead back then, and The Choir is one of the very few bands that managed to garner my attention outside of the metal realm.  Chase The Kangaroo, Wide-Eyed Wonder, Circle Slide and Speckled Bird are all classic albums by The Choir.

Vigilantes of Love / Bill Mallonee:  A great alt-rock/Americana/alt-country band headed by Bill Mallonee.  I became a fan in the latter-90's.  Welcome to Struggleville, Blister Soul, Slow Dark Train and Audible Sigh are some great classic albums from VOL.
/<
/<
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.reverbnation.com/narrowroadband

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 pm

/< wrote:TI was almost exclusively a metalhead back then, and The Choir is one of the very few bands that managed to garner my attention outside of the metal realm.

Same here.  You know a band is great when we can say that.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:22 am

Of those I don't think I've ever heard of:

Fros't
Sundry
Prosper
The Straw Theory
Builder
Lady Jane Grey
Anchor
Pops Body Shop
Paradigm 70
10 Fingers Counting
Quietwiser
Seed
...but would like more info about them
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 pm

I saw The Choir in the early 80's and still enjoy their music.  I still listen to their music as well as the first LP from Watashi Wa.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down