The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order

+2
Lex Metalis
alldatndensum
6 posters

Go down

Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order Empty Re: Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order

Post by alldatndensum Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am

I bought an extra copy of this album several years ago for cheap.  I still have it in the shrink wrap.  Since the new Girder edition isn't remastered, you would be getting the same tracks.

If anyone wants this album, I will sell it to you for $12 shipping included.  For Canadians, since the post is so much more expensive, I'd go $15.  This CD is brand new and still in the shrink wrap.  Just PM me, and we will work out the details.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order Empty Re: Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I bought an extra copy of this album several years ago for cheap.  I still have it in the shrink wrap.  Since the new Girder edition isn't remastered, you would be getting the same tracks.

But the new edition it's remastered.

Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order Kentamplin-wakethenations_1024x1024
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:45 pm

I think this is only a so-so album, so I don't really need a reissue.  I love a couple of tracks, however.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:56 pm

This trend of remastering everything is getting tired. This album was fantastically mixed and mastered. There is no need for a remastered version of this.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:This trend of remastering everything is getting tired. This album was fantastically mixed and mastered. There is no need for a remastered version of this.

I actually have come to embrace all of the remasters.

If there is one I don't want or need (like Shout Back), I simply don't buy it.

But having new releases of old albums is kind of cool..and they are usually cheaper and easier to get.

Secular market does reissues all the time as well, not to mention they stay in print a lot longer than the Christian ones do.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I bought an extra copy of this album several years ago for cheap.  I still have it in the shrink wrap.  Since the new Girder edition isn't remastered, you would be getting the same tracks.

Ken Tamplin and Friends - Wake The Nations pre order Kentamplin-wakethenations_1024x1024

I see nothing on the page for this preorder saying anything about a remaster.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 pm

I pulled it out and listened to this again tonight. Time has treated it well. I think I was expecting something more along the lines of Shout or his first solo effort. I still think it's a out 3 songs too long, but the first 4 are all winners, especially "Story Of Love" which gets repeated at least once whenever I play it. Killer tune. So, I retract my "so so" statement and move this into the "really solid with some great songs" category.
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
LexMetalis wrote:

I see nothing on the page for this preorder saying anything about a remaster.

All you have to do is look at the CD artwork. It's written right on it remastered

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:This trend of remastering everything is getting tired. This album was fantastically mixed and mastered. There is no need for a remastered version of this.

But having new releases of old albums is kind of cool..and they are usually cheaper and easier to get.

Secular market does reissues all the time as well, not to mention they stay in print a lot longer than the Christian ones do.

You’re talking about “reissues”, which I have no problem with. It’s the continuing remastering of modern albums that I’m taking issue with.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

You’re talking about “reissues”, which I have no problem with. It’s the continuing remastering of modern albums that I’m taking issue with.

I'm talking about both...but maybe our time periods are where we are disconnecting.

Just about any 80's or 90's album that gets reissued is going to also be remastered. If it isn't, then people will complain it isn't remastered.

As for 2000's....I probably would not buy a remaster of an album from the 2000's unless it was hard to get the original, or I wanted the booklet, or the remaster fixed a noticeable issue with the original, or it was from a band that I collect everything by (Stryper, for example.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 pm

As a side note, I have no intention of ordering this one, not because it is a remaster, but just because I don't like it. I posted the info just for those that may be interested

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm with Arttie.  It's good but about 3 songs too long.

I also wish they would have re-done the cover art.  It's up there with Robert Sweet - Love Trash as the cheesiest cover art in Christian music.

Are we getting all of the old Tamplin catalog re-issued because he lost his home in the volcano last year?  Does he need the money?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 pm

I have the Ken Tamplin CD/DVD combo of Wake the Nations and it comes with a neat booklet. I will not likely not get this one as the recording sounds good. I may get In the Witness Box and I have the original version of this. I would like to see them reissue Ken's rare albums like Wierd Odds and Ends. I don't have that one.

I have mixed feelings about reissues. Many of the reissues I already have but the reissues have better artwork or bonus tracks like Fear Not, Love Life Goodbye Lady Jane and Shout It won't Be Long. Also, I have 2 versions of Holy Soldier debut (Word Myrrh and a Brazilian import) and last Train (Myrrh Word and a Japanese import). I just received today my Roxx order with the new versions of Holy Soldier debut and Last Train on CD and colored vinyl, Fear Not vinyl, Love Life Goodbye Lady Jane vinyl and CD, Recon Behind Enemy Lines CD and Fear Not For the wounded Heart CD EP. I do not need all of these releases and adds to my duplicates of these albums and other albums. However, I have sold a lot of CDs the past year and I know I can sell off many of my duplicates so I'm not that worried about it.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:33 pm

The one thing these reissues do is drive down the demand for the originals, so if you are a CD trader/seller, it really puts a dent in your profit margin, especially if you paid a pretty penny for the original.  

If a reissue A) isn't remastered or B) doesn't have bonus material (and usually, I don't count live stuff because that stuff is typically pretty sketchy) or C) isn't an anthology of some sort (like the beautiful Eternal Ryte and Crystavox anthologies Roxx did), then I probably am going to skip it, because I likely own the originals anyway.  My 80s Christian metal collection is rather voluminous as it is, and I don't need tons of duplicates.  But, it's cool for those who never got the originals or only have them on cassettes or CD-R's or something.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:16 am

I will eventually just run Ken's stuff through my own remastering process and listen to those.  I am happy with my originals.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:51 am

I disagree with you Artie. I don't think reissues drive down the cost of out of print originals. At least I haven't seen it. Some people prefer the originals and will hunt these down, especially vinyl collectors. Many of the folks on the Vinyl/Music Community on youtube try to get the originals.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 am

Perhaps some do, but I've witnessed it first hand. I used to snag duplicates of old Christian metal cds anytime I found them and flip them to buy things I was missing, but i cant get nearly out of them what I used to. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am

Soldier777 wrote:I disagree with you Artie. I don't think reissues drive down the cost of out of print originals. At least I haven't seen it. Some people prefer the originals and will hunt these down, especially vinyl collectors. Many of the folks on the Vinyl/Music Community on youtube try to get the originals.

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:Perhaps some do, but I've witnessed it first hand.  I used to snag duplicates of old Christian metal cds anytime I found them and flip them to buy things I was missing, but i cant get nearly out of them what I used to.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

Arttie

I think both of you are right...

There is definitely still a demand for the originals, and they still go for a decent price, but they no longer go for crazy prices like they used to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down