The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitecross Live in Shillong 2019

3 posters

Go down

Whitecross Live in Shillong 2019 Empty Whitecross Live in Shillong 2019

Post by strype53 Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:44 pm

Has anyone seen clips of this show yet?  They do not have Scott singing. I am not sur, who it is. I remember seeing it announced at one time, but do not remember.  The first clip I saw was Walk with me... https://youtu.be/rPUbTFS_tHU I have watched some of the others as well. Michael Feighan (drummer) sang on one of them as well: https://youtu.be/VEd2N8uYkvQ   There are a few other clips on here. It made me wish that the Guardian and Whitecross combination did this show. It would have been pretty cool!  Thoughts?
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Whitecross Live in Shillong 2019 Empty Re: Whitecross Live in Shillong 2019

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:46 pm

I saw some clips and I have mixed feelings about Whitecross without Scott, though the new singer is really talented. 
I wonder why Scott turned this concert down. Is he retired? Or was it another disagreement with Rex Carroll?

I am glad I could manage to see these guys live in 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:52 pm

The lead singer was Peter Stenlund, the vocalist for the now defunct Laudamus.  He was taking over for Scott in Europe.  I don't know why Scott wasn't going.

As long as they'd get back to the Whitecross signature sound, I'd be open to a new record with Peter as he has a great voice.  He also plays guitar, so adding more rhythm guitar in the shows and perhaps even some dual leads could be cool.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The lead singer was Peter Stenlund, the vocalist for the now defunct Laudamus.  He was taking over for Scott in Europe.  I don't know why Scott wasn't going.

As long as they'd get back to the Whitecross signature sound, I'd be open to a new record with Peter as he has a great voice.  He also plays guitar, so adding more rhythm guitar in the shows and perhaps even some dual leads could be cool.
I noticed that, in the solos, during the live performances, there was no guitar base (obviously), and it loooked like there is something missing in the playing in comparison to the recorded version.

And, of course, a new album would be welcome, no matter who is singing.

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:29 am

Rex has said that there will not be a new Whitecross record unless someone is willing to actually properly pay the band to do one.  He's not looking for huge advances or anything like that, he just wants the band to be taken seriously and treated like other bands, otherwise he has no real interest in anything other than the occasional shows with WC.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 pm

Rex needs to remember that the day of their largest following is gone.  A lot of rock/metal fans have mellowed.  We are a dying breed especially when it comes to Christian based art.  He has his own studio and can record a professional project--he is working on a couple now.  They redid the first Whitecross album in his studio and it sounded great.  I highly doubt that even a specialty label like Frontier would pay him big bucks to do an album.  He hasn't proven with his side projects that he still that highly marketable.

Perhaps the European market would be bigger, but I doubt that there are that many metal fans in the USA just foaming at the mouth to get a new Whitecross record.  A crowdfunding campaign would probably be the best bet for them.  Otherwise, no big label is going to sign this band when metal isn't the flavor of the month anymore.  No CCM stations would dare risk playing it.  The secular stations and even Sirus/XM wouldn't play it because it is Christian and it is brand new stuff.

Rex is at a point where he needs to realize that Whitecross is no longer a big ticket draw.  He should learn from bands like Saint and Bride that you just have to make the album because you WANT to--not because a label is fronting you.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:Rex has said that there will not be a new Whitecross record unless someone is willing to actually properly pay the band to do one.  He's not looking for huge advances or anything like that, he just wants the band to be taken seriously and treated like other bands, otherwise he has no real interest in anything other than the occasional shows with WC.

Arttie
I always thought that he didn't want to do a Whitecross album, as he didn't wanted to work with Scott. Or maybe Scott didn't want to do it.

It is kind of funny that Rex has tried to promote his several projects, but never his most successful band.

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 pm

I would always be down for new Whitecross!!! Make it happen Rex!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Please understand, this is not bashing Rex at all. I get what he's saying, to be honest. These are just things he told me in an interview for my site.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down