The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave

+23
Deepfriar
alldatndensum
Pro-Zak
Blake
eatbugs
KaramKaram
Black Rider
exo
strangerhoncho
Devon Hill
Kerrick
Livna
GACatmandu
petrafan007
Fearless For The King
timekeeper
11razorwire
My Awesome Timothy
bigtreads
bjorn agin
Temple of Blood
JPK72
Hardcore Christian
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave - Page 3 Empty Re: As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:35 am

"All sin is the same to God."

How many of you here actually believe that, for example, the murder and rape of a 5 year old girl and stealing a paper clip God sees as equally wicked...?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:59 pm

If you want to have THAT discussion, please start another thread in the general talk area.....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:39 pm

I think that Tim will have to prove himself.  While we are supposed to forgive if he truly has repented, it doesn't mean that everyone is ready to trust him.  If this were your wife cheating on you but you decided to work it out, she would have to prove herself by giving you no reason to doubt that she were now being faithful.  I think it will be the same for Tim.  Of course, that will largely be affected by whether they want AILD to be a Christian band or just a band with some Christians in it.  If this is more secular instead of a ministry band, I think that fans will warm up to this much quicker.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 pm

JPK72 wrote:WOW

WOW indeed. A lot going on here. Like Nick, I was watching Tim closely for any hint of insincerity but could find none. I can only hope he remains penitent. We must remember that during what transpired in 2013, Tim was living as an atheist. I had a crisis several years ago and abandoned my faith as well and in no time I was spiraling out of control mentally. The adversary wastes no time in trying to destroy a person who abandons their faith. I know this by experience, and I can't help but think that a person becomes very susceptible to demonic influence when they renounce God. I'm forever thankful that He didn't give up on me and brought me back into the fold when I sought Him again.

Regarding the music: the new song is not their best and I'm not even all that interested in metalcore these days, but I think they may be able to regain their chemistry as a band if they keep at it. AILD was definitely on top of the scene at their pinnacle and I can imagine fans being very stoked for their return. I wish them success and the opportunity to appease old fans and maybe gain some new ones.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:02 am

Pretty amazing and powerful.  Forgiveness and reconciliation in action. Now that's something I don't know that we've seen publicly much before, certainly not in the music world.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 pm

The discussion was incredible, only time will tell, really moving to see all 5 of them put their hearts out there for people
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 am

The one he really wronged was his wife and children.  His bandmates "forgiveness" means little by comparison. 

Of course they are quick to "forgive" .... their other band went nowhere and they want the established brand back.  The music industry is brutal and they don't want to have to get real jobs.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:The one he really wronged was his wife and children.  His bandmates "forgiveness" means little by comparison. 

Of course they are quick to "forgive" .... their other band went nowhere and they want the established brand back.  The music industry is brutal and they don't want to have to get real jobs.
True, true.

But man, you are as cynical as they come!  You must have been disappointed a lot in life and by those you looked up to, for your heart to get that hard.  I'm truly sorry.  I lived in that state of mind for years too.  For me it was a lonely, miserable place.  I hope you find your way out.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm

I don't know these guys. Never listened to the band. I wasn't into metalcore until after I was saved and the band was on their way out just an album later. I'm curious how all this works out. 

I don't know the faith journey of any of the men involved. Should we expect something Christian from these men? If they are Christians could they be stronger now, lesser now? Seems like an extremely difficult situation. Based on that youtube posted discussion it seemed like there was still a massive amount of hurt here and deserved suspicion going forward. I'm more interested in the whole band and where they are. Can they even function as a band. Do any of them really hold faith? I suppose that'll all come out somehow in the future.

I won't be jumping on, nor casting off anytime soon but I'm highly interested in this. This was one of the biggest black eyes the name of Christianity has received in the music realm. This was national, even global, because of the time period (that of the internet, media frenzies, and viral videos) in which it happened. I've seen quite a few bands and members go apostate over the short 8 years I've invested in faith-based music. I trust few bands since I know none of the members personally. This one was wasn't just apostasy though, it was a jarring turn into depravity.

I hope everyone, somehow, comes out the better at last.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Surprised this thread is still open.  Don't care for this style, but there's moments in the song posted that are pretty fierce. 

As for the details of the criminal case, I haven't researched it enough to comment.  One less metalcore band in the universe wouldn't be a bad thing though IMO.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:46 pm

As I Lay Dying - My Own Grave - Page 3 Ailddt10
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight