The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not digging the new Sweet Lynch

+15
metalh
Highway Star
Opeth3232
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
Jessrox
P86ninja
MikeInFla
Staybrite
TMLMKE
ImagoDei
Soldier777
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Follower of Jesus
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not digging the new Sweet Lynch - Page 2 Empty Re: Not digging the new Sweet Lynch

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Highway Star wrote:They are talking of having Lynch Mob open, then Sweet Lynch and Stryper closing
That would be awesome to see Stryper finally tour with a band that isn't so sucky lol
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Not digging the new Sweet Lynch - Page 2 Empty Re: Not digging the new Sweet Lynch

Post by metalh Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:42 pm

I listened to one of the songs, but I can't remember which one. I didn't like it at all. I'm not a huge Stryper fan anyway.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm

How can you not like Stryper and be a mod here? Monster.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 pm

This album is boring...I bought it, listened a couple of times...and it is filed away. No swagger or attitude. They tried to hard to ''make a classic rock album'' George Lynch's tone is kinda lame. The best part of the album is the rhythm section...imo. Least favorite part, the guitar....go figure.............. Shocked
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 am

I ordered this from my local music shop on the 14th November and they have not yet been able to fulfill the order. Given the not so positive reviews I have been reading I decided to cancel my order and use the money for something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm

I like the album but don't love it.  Lyrically it isn't grabbing me.  Musically, this is a great album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah good arrangements and quality musicians but it just doesn't have seem to have enough life in it. Just not memorable, nothing about it makes me want to hear it again. Weird.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 pm

This album is very good, but its a grower for sure.  Very different from the 1st.  It has   great verity and diversity.  I didn't dig the tunes as they released them, however after 4 or 5 spins of this disc I'm really diggin' it.  Give time, spin it a few more times with an open mind adn I think you'll dig it too.

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm

This album is very good, but its a grower for sure.  Very different from the 1st.  It has   great verity and diversity.  I didn't dig the tunes as they released them, however after 4 or 5 spins of this disc I'm really diggin' it.  Give time, spin it a few more times with an open mind and I think you'll dig it too.

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:29 pm

I've tried a few times to get through it and I lose interest, the guitar is too phoned in.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 am

I'm not convinced that George can write a great song on his own.  At least not post-80s.  Too many projects/releases that are just cranked out: A tell-tale sign of a lazy songwriter.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Imo his best stuff is with KXM lately.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm

that video...

Is so much cringe..
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:25 pm

That's okay, you don't have to like the new album or some of the new songs. Even George recently announced that he does not like anything Stryper except MS.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2