The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rex Scott/Zion news....

+2
alldatndensum
Soldier777
6 posters

Go down

Rex Scott/Zion news.... Empty Rex Scott/Zion news....

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Some news from Rex Scott regarding Zion from Facebook:

The lost 2 inch restored tape reels for the Thunder From The Mountain album have been found! The planned complete remix and remaster can now move forward that will include vinyl!

I have the original on CD but I may get this. There is the possibility of there being some bonus tracks.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Rex Scott/Zion news.... Empty Re: Rex Scott/Zion news....

Post by alldatndensum Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 am

If the bonus tracks are more than poor quality demos or live recordings, I'd be interested in the remix/remaster that Rex wants to do with this.  I'd also be open to him reviving Zion in the absence of X-Sinner.  He could do some gospel metal with Zion and keep the clean secular stuff in GX Project.  Or, just combine the two under the Zion name could be cool, too.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:37 am

I like Zion. Rex is best when he has a good producer. The Zion album and X-Sinner's "Peace Treaty" were, IMHO, far, far better than anything I've heard from him since. His voice sounds dreadful on the few GX and X-Sinner tracks I've heard from more recent times.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I like Zion. Rex is best when he has a good producer. The Zion album and X-Sinner's "Peace Treaty" were, IMHO, far, far better than anything I've heard from him since. His voice sounds dreadful on the few GX and X-Sinner tracks I've heard from more recent times.
Have you listened to Raze Some Hell? The sound was great on that one.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 am

Thunder From The Mountain is the only one that had any staying power for me - it is still in regular rotation - I would love new Zion and a remaster of TFTM couldn't hurt.
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 am

deathisgain wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:I like Zion. Rex is best when he has a good producer. The Zion album and X-Sinner's "Peace Treaty" were, IMHO, far, far better than anything I've heard from him since. His voice sounds dreadful on the few GX and X-Sinner tracks I've heard from more recent times.
Wow, I thought it was terrible. I pulled it out and listened to it again the other day. It pales in comparison to the first 2 releases and the dynamic range on it is awful. 

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/92845

I'm really hoping GX will do some more because I like what they are doing, just didn't care for the last album.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 am

MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Wow, I thought it was terrible. I pulled it out and listened to it again the other day. It pales in comparison to the first 2 releases and the dynamic range on it is awful. 

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/92845

I'm really hoping GX will do some more because I like what they are doing, just didn't care for the last album.

To each his own. I thought it was the best sounding by far. When I talked to Rex, he said that they are are going for a similar sound with the next one.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm looking forward to more music from GX I just hope the production isn't brickwalled like it was on the last one.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down