The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the new Tourniquet vocalist is...

+23
crucifyd
eatbugs
timekeeper
petrafan007
metalh
Nocturnal Servant
sentient 6
TheOldMan2084
zelote
Temple of Blood
jaydeecrawson
6stringgrind
Airola
Black Rider
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
cailen
Sir Shred A Lot
New Creation
d@v!d
deathisgain
Superjuice
Wigeon
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And the new Tourniquet vocalist is... - Page 2 Empty Re: And the new Tourniquet vocalist is...

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 am

Not bad, not bad at all Is it just me or is there more groove in those songs?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

And the new Tourniquet vocalist is... - Page 2 Empty Re: And the new Tourniquet vocalist is...

Post by New Creation Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:53 am

Black Rider wrote:Not bad, not bad at all Is it just me or is there more groove in those songs?

It's not just you. I heard it too and I think it's Andy's playing.
Too bad Jamey Henn couldn't play, he really sounded amazing in his tryout video.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't mind but one thing I like about TQT is the technical aspect of the playing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Can't really tell a lot by the poor audio and video quality, but it doesn't sound bad. It's still a shock to hear someone other than Guy or Luke sing those songs. I'd need to hear and see it live, or hopefully a better quality recording of the show will be made available to help us all judge fairly Wink
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m2OakOSR7U&feature=share

This is an interesting video about Jason doin some cover of Tourniquet

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:31 am

"Chamundo" ? Not digging it. Maybe it's just too soon to be hearing someone cover one of Luke's songs IMO. Doesn't feel right, both musically and emotionally. Part of me just wishes Ted would just call it quits with Tourniquet and continue under his name or a new band name, and leave the Tourniquet material unspoiled.  They had a good run with 2 different singers, which is a rare feat. Almost impossible with a 3rd if you ask me.

Love,
One of the Biggest Tourniquet Fan's Ever since 1990, if Not the Biggest.

Last edited by Wigeon on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

I kind of agree. Listening to the last album with all the different singers didn't feel like TQT at all.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 am

I am a Tourniquet fan since 1990.

I think the new singer did a good job as far as what I have heard so far. In my opinion he handled the Luke material very good. He even was able to deal with Guys style of singing which I was missing since Guy left the band. That is to the best advantage.

Lets wait and see.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:35 am

Didn't their Kickstarter fund...like...forever ago? Surprised that there's been no announcements about anything.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:47 pm

The audio quality is what it is but that's a video someone made from the Tourniquet gig at Exodo Fest. No full songs, only small parts of them.

I don't know if this Jason dude is going to be the singer on the next album but I'm kinda starting to warm up to him. I think he sings a bit off key at times and it seems he had problems with his microphone (some other video showed clearly that his mic didn't work well) and the stage presence and the stuff he does on stage is sometimes all over the place, but somehow I kinda enjoyed watching that video. And I feel he is really enjoying his time on that stage. I like the energy which I think Tourniquet has needed for quite a long time for their live shows.

I'm really glad that what I feared for didn't happen. I was afraid that he would be what Dan Nelson was for Anthrax - a total miss for an attempt to make the band sound more brutal by just getting a metalcore growler on stage. This certainly isn't the case here.

He weirdly sounds a bit like Luke at times and a bit like Guy at times. He definitely sounds more Guy than Luke on The Test For Leprosy for example. And I don't mean the high pitched stuff but the lower parts. There is this certain "guttural" tone to his voice there that Luke didn't do and I'm kinda excited to hear that in this song on a live performance.

On Tomb of Gilgamesh I first thought, hey, what is he doing in the clean parts. Is he singing it really off key, but then I realized he's singing the lower harmony! It made me think how great it would be if they would sing that part live with two singers in harmony... I don't know if he chose to sing the lower harmony because he can't sing the higher harmony or if he just thought the lower harmony sounds better but I'm pretty impressed he picked that even though all previous live performances have had the higher part.

What finally made me warm up to him was hearing Broken Chromosomes in the last 30 seconds of that video. Oh my oh my! Sounds great! Sure, no one can be Guy Ritter in that song but, man, Jason gets pretty close! Check out the video 11:30 forwards!

Plus I think it's nice to see some HAIR on Tourniquet concerts for once Very Happy

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Your right the last 30 seconds sounded awesome!

Hope the new album includes a full range of vocal styles

Plus, I dont think we should be so quick to judge him off his first time live, wait till we hear some recorded material before ya right him off
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 am

Thumbs up

I agree with you both.

Wanted to add that
the bass of Andy Robbins makes the songs sound more powerful.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 am

I will reserve judgment until they release an actual new, studio song or album.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Tourniquet is probably my favorite thrash band. I really, REALLY hope the new vocalist is able to adapt his vocals to the band. But I guess I'll find out when we get some studio recordings.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 am

I can't see them touring... at all. Probably get what we got with the Exodo fest. A couple one-off shows here and there. I'm not that concerned with how close he can nail the old songs. What I'm interested in is how he sounds on the new songs. Does he make them his own and bring a new vibe to TqT? That's what I'm hoping for. And all this rides on if he's even going to be the new singer.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 Tue May 16, 2017 7:54 am

I love Tourniquet, but I think they took a huge left turn with advocating for animals more than Christianity. I think it's a great pet cause, but hope it doesn't infiltrate all the lyrics going forward. I don't share the same extreme view of animals as Ted. I don't like it being forced down my throat. I can overlook it if it's only 2 or 3 songs, but a whole album...won't buy it. It's a turn-off.

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am

For Ted, I don't think Christianity and his views of animals are separate issues.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 am

petrafan007 wrote:I can overlook it if it's only 2 or 3 songs, but a whole album...

My thoughts too.  I rarely listen to Antiseptic Bloodbath and I don't even have the Tourniquet Ark CD.

Too bad, because Tourniquet is one of my all-time favorite bands.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 pm

​huh, ​t​ed's animal activism mania drives me crazy is ridiculous but I can ignore it in the music, doesn't bother me at all​...

EDIT: didn't like "drives me crazy", because it doesn't "bother" me, Ted can do/think what he wants, but I do think it's over the top ridiculous

Last edited by crucifyd on Wed May 17, 2017 8:43 am; edited 3 times in total
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 pm

So weird to hear a metal band advocate for animals... I mean I know there are problems involving animals, but jeez I just want to listen to music that isn't trying to establish animal right's..
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

I pay no mind to it. Bring on the metal.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 Wed May 17, 2017 5:35 am

i agree gamer dude

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 5:21 am

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:So weird to hear a metal band advocate for animals...

It´s so weird to hear a metal band advocate for Jesus. Huh.. you know it´s supposed to be metal, right??!!

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am

But for as serious matter. I´d love to hear Andy Robbins to do more with TQT. He´s a killer bassist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 am

I can ignore the animal stuff on AB 'cause it's a good album. Ark only has two songs I enjoy so I don't have it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next