The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the last thing you purchased online?

+34
Pethead
L8T
ChosenNightwolf
oldschooldoom
Sevenoneself
buddypng
Raegoul
Opeth3232
Machine Fish
BaleMaster
Ammocas
Black Rider
Pro-Zak
HenrikB
Superjuice
Fearless For The King
Christian metal Horde
messiaen77
Hardcore Christian
TheDoctor394
Athanasius
Driven
Staybrite
TMLMKE
Xid
WildWorld
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Andreas89
alldatndensum
exo
d@v!d
Kerrick
New Creation
38 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last thing you purchased online?

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Some of those adhesive felt pads for sticking under furniture to prevent scratches on the floor.  Exciting!!!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last thing you purchased online?

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Three of those "tactical pens" that double as defense weapons: one each for me, my wife, and my sister.  I had been considering getting one for a while but we listened to a pretty convincing podcast about 'em and self defense in general so we thought it'd be a good idea to give them a shot.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Kerrick wrote:Some of those adhesive felt pads for sticking under furniture to prevent scratches on the floor.  Exciting!!!

How very metal of you.

Kerrick wrote:Three of those "tactical pens" that double as defense weapons: one each for me, my wife, and my sister.  I had been considering getting one for a while but we listened to a pretty convincing podcast about 'em and self defense in general so we thought it'd be a good idea to give them a shot.

These sound interesting. Link please!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:22 am

There are a million of different options...  Just do an internet search for "tactical pen" and you'll see...  However, the vast majority of them seem to be rather cheaply made and even the mid-range ones have some pretty poor reviews on quality.  Veronika's sister shared with her some mom-blog interview on personal defense that we ended up listening to together which was quite good.  The guy being interviewed was this Jason Hanson guy.  I ended up ordering whatever one he has on his website:
http://research.lfb.org/research/html/lfl_tacticalpen_1215/?code=L401S501&n=LFL_tacticalpen_1215&ver=3

I thought he had some really practical things to say in the interview (which I could probably track down if you're interested) and the pen on his website seemed to have all the features I liked and none of the ones I didn't like in other options.  So we'll see how good it is!  If we don't like 'em, we can return them for a full refund so it's not much skin off our backs.  Smile  I'll try to remember to post on here my thoughts once they arrive!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Physical:  Batman:  The Animated Series

I remember loving this back when it was on TV in the 90's.  It's actually as good as I remember it.  In fact, I think it's better than any of the film adaptations of Batman.

Download:  Neal Morse - Testimony 2

Great album.  Vastly superior to the first Testimony.

Kerrick wrote: I'll try to remember to post on here my thoughts once they arrive!

Please do.  That sounds like something I might be interested in.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:08 am

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:36 pm

The pens came in yesterday!  That was quick.  I snapped a photo with my keys for size comparison.  (That's my bottle opener / Benchmade rescue hook in case your wondering.)
What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 20170310

I think time will be the main determining factor for whether these were a good buy or not.  They're lighter weight than you'd expect so they feel kinda cheap.  I don't know what kind of metal they are or how good the finish is.  I assume anodized aluminum: probably molded, not machined from the looks of it, though it's difficult for me to tell.  I like that the cap is not threaded onto the pen like many others, though I'm concerned that the o-ring which secures it may wear/fail after a while.  We shall see!  I'll tell you this though: I would NOT want to get hit in the head by one of these.  I think it'll make a decent defensive tool were it ever needed.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm

These two beauties:

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 Galloglass_Heavenseeker

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 MagicKingdom_Cover

First one is with one of Seventh Avenue's guitarists. No christian lyrics though.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 pm

I buy regularly on ebay, often (although not only) music.
Rhapsody Of Fire's "Into The Legend" arrived yesterday. :-)
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:29 pm

^Good one! Like two or three tracks are a bit less good, but overall it's a nice album Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 am

Andreas89 wrote:^Good one! Like two or three tracks are a bit less good, but overall it's a nice album Smile
I haven't gt it going yet. I admit I haven't been as excited by Rhapsody Of Fire as much as I have loved the earlier, Rhapsody albums, but here's hoping. :-)
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Tickets to see Warning live. Rockin Loud

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Pluto Tsum Tsum stackable figure for my daughter - my girls love these little things so I try and keep them well stocked!

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 G22I2q2
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 am

Got around shopping at the Limb Music label again, after this I'll take it easy Razz

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 AncientBards_TAOTK_Cover

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 Vexillum_TB_Cover

I'm also in the process of ordering a longsleeve shirt for that last one. My wife thinks it's pretty and also loves me to support those bands. I'm not taking advantage of it though... Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:07 pm

A pair of 6' long USB-C cables, an ocarina, a Lego set, and some mechanical pencils.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Bone Prophet's "The Circus" CD.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 am

This. My wife wanted the rubber duck.

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 42378_1

No regrets. Yet.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:51 pm

"No Grave But The Sea For Dogs". That disc must be the ruff mix

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Love me some Alestorm nice pick up Andreas!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm

These guys are cracking me up. Do you call them Pirate Metal?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:47 pm

The World Will Burn - Ruination CD
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:52 pm

New Creation wrote:These guys are cracking me up. Do you call them Pirate Metal?
Haha yep!

I used to watch this children's show called Lazy Town

The way I found them is they did a cover of one of the shows songs! I was hooked!

(Sorry not to hijack this thread!)

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Andreas89 wrote:This. My wife wanted the rubber duck.

What's the last thing you purchased online? - Page 2 42378_1

No regrets. Yet.

Your wife has great taste.

I have been Alestorm's primary proponent on CMR for YEARS, although I honestly find the last Gloryhammer disc to be the absolute pinnacle of what Christopher Bowes has put out to date.  The dude is absolutely brilliant.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:40 am

exo wrote:Your wife has great taste.

I have been Alestorm's primary proponent on CMR for YEARS, although I honestly find the last Gloryhammer disc to be the absolute pinnacle of what Christopher Bowes has put out to date.  The dude is absolutely brilliant.
So you're a rubber duck fan, too?

Their latest album I got from my wife for being married to her for one year, so we have a history with Alestorm. I also got the latest Gloryhammer when shopping with her in Berlin the day after it came out. She's not too big on metal as she's more of a classical music snob, but she's on board (see what I did there?) with bands like Alestorm and Gloryhammer.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 am

Andreas89 wrote:but she's on board (see what I did there?) with bands like Alestorm and Gloryhammer.
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next