The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with

4 posters

Go down

Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with Empty Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with

Post by sentient 6 Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:50 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with Empty Re: Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with

Post by d@v!d Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Excellent. A very critical point made at around 3:30, which applies to many aspects of life, but is of great importance in dealing with this issue.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with Empty Re: Some wisdom for what many Christian men struggle with

Post by New Creation Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Yep, really good stuff. I like what he's saying.

I've always preached the following items:
1. Women (and men too) are persons to be loved, not objects to be ogled.
2. If I see a beautiful woman, and my eyes are being drawn to where they should not look, then I make it a point to look her in the face and praise God for creating beauty and for creating her. It helps me move on.
3. As disgusted as we are thinking about two men having sexual relations, or of ourselves robbing a gas station, or murdering someone, we should be equally disgusted by the nakedness of a woman other than our own wife. We need to get to the point that if we see a woman (other than our wife) in that state, that we are automatically repulsed in the same way as if we saw two men.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 am

Extremely important, thanks for sharing.

It's one of the blackest pages in my life, back when this was a real problem (years ago, with some temptations ever since). I still feel incredibly guilty about it, because of the betrayal to my fellow human beings, myself and God. And for what? Nothing. As John Piper said, it's not our longing for pleasure that keeps us away from God, but the fact that we're willing to settle with such little pleasures.
But still I believe that God's grace is infinitely higher than all the feeling of guilt I can come up with.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down