The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound

4 posters

Go down

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound Empty Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:59 pm

Album of the year so far for me!

It truly is a masterpiece! Anyone else around here pick it up?

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound Cover

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound Empty Re: Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:26 pm

I think it sounds amazing. I just haven't been able to get myself to purchase an album. Their social views are so liberal, it makes it hard for me. I hope that doesn't sound dumb. I've respected the way Garrett speaks openly and honestly about things. His transparency is something worthy of great respect. Maybe I'll check out their lyrics more and then possibly reconsider.

This band and August Burns Red have gotten me off their wagon this way.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound Empty Re: Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:13 am

What's liberal about their social views?  I've read a couple interviews but it just sounds like they're against the oppression of people.  Which was Jesus' biggest stance as well.  More a spiritual thing than a political thing.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:16 am

As much as I've listened to Garrett's interviews (and his monologue in concert) he's got a great heart for people just like Christ. I agree there. It just gets so social gospel that sin takes this weird back seat in how he speaks. I mentioned ABR too because in loving the sinner, they tend to go beyond recognizing the sin of all individuals to forgetting about it, even accepting and championing it. I start wondering what Christ died for. Again, I'm not saying I entirely get that from their message but it's my own caution. Everyone can read, listen and watch for themselves and decide. I'm just currently in the in between. Not making accusations, just stating my feelings. Surely many differ there.

Getting back to the purpose of this thread. Musically, this band keeps getting better and better. I saw them a few years ago with Phinehas and Sleeping Giant and was impressed and they've only gotten better. Definitely one of the better, more unique bands out there right now.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:31 am

Frozen Fire wrote:As much as I've listened to Garrett's interviews (and his monologue in concert) he's got a great heart for people just like Christ. I agree there. It just gets so social gospel that sin takes this weird back seat in how he speaks. I mentioned ABR too because in loving the sinner, they tend to go beyond recognizing the sin of all individuals to forgetting about it, even accepting and championing it. I start wondering what Christ died for. Again, I'm not saying I entirely get that from their message but it's my own caution. Everyone can read, listen and watch for themselves and decide. I'm just currently in the in between. Not making accusations, just stating my feelings. Surely many differ there.

Not being a big fan of the genre, I haven't looked into these guys much at all.  But I do seem to recall hearing (probably on CMR) similar sentiments/concerns.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down