The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Smily's thoughts on christian music...

+8
messiaen77
New Creation
Follower of Jesus
Pethead
alldatndensum
TheOldMan2084
Kerrick
Soldier777
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Billy Smily's thoughts on christian music... - Page 2 Empty Re: Billy Smily's thoughts on christian music...

Post by d@v!d Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 am

sentient 6 wrote:" In the end, it will still essentially be created with barriers and roadblocks and hindrances. And there’s the rub. Creativity requires freedom. Why did everyone from the Jonas Brothers to Katy Perry start out in Christian Music …but then leave? An artist can only paint the same painting - with implied instructions to only use the same 7 colors - so many times. "

I always thought they " left " Christian music because they wanted to pursue more of the kind of music that reflected their heart and worldview ?

( sorry, that quote just jump out at me as kind of a huge fallacy )
Me too.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Billy Smily's thoughts on christian music... - Page 2 Empty Re: Billy Smily's thoughts on christian music...

Post by d@v!d Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:38 am

Overall, I think Smily is correct. Anytime you have an industry and a marketing apparatus, you're going to find pressure to make art popular and any creative variances will suffer. This applies to any music of any genre of any era.

I'm glad that w can laugh at this and it's sad that we've allowed it to happen to us. Shouldn't we be holding the moral high ground?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:25 am

I'm glad that w can laugh at this and it's sad that we've allowed it to happen to us. Shouldn't we be holding the moral high ground?

We SHOULD be, but I think that the problem with the lack of creativity is also evidence of the lack of commitment and true devotion of Christians.  I feel that is why the CHURCH is in decline and not just CCM.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2