The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First mission trip!

+4
alldatndensum
d@v!d
KaramKaram
Peter who was Vaak
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First mission trip!  Empty First mission trip!

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Hey y'all, here's the deal. July 6 - 20 I will be in Europe, first Denmark for a day, then Germany for about 11 days, then Denmark, then home. Anyways, I'm going to be witnessing to the refugees I'm Germany. 
So, do any of y'all have experience witnessing to Muslims? Any advice there? Or any tips that I may need in general? 
Thanks!
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

First mission trip!  Empty Re: First mission trip!

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Any advice there?
Watch your head  affraid

J/K
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Hey y'all, here's the deal. July 6 - 20 I will be in Europe, first Denmark for a day, then Germany for about 11 days, then Denmark, then home. Anyways, I'm going to be witnessing to the refugees I'm Germany. 
So, do any of y'all have experience witnessing to Muslims? Any advice there? Or any tips that I may need in general? 
Thanks!
Read Nabeel Qureshi's first book. It will give you valueable insight into the muslim mindset.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:14 pm

I have never been abroad with mission trips.  I have always done stateside works as I have always had my youth group in tow.  I still remember my first trip which was to Lynch, KY.  There were a lot of good memories made on that trip.

I have since been on 5 more and will do another this summer.  I will be doing some day camps in Cincinnati.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:06 am

You are a kind of missionary, right?

Perception of Islam and more globaly culture can be very different, depend which countries they are from. I advice you to inform yourself about traditions, form of Islam in this countries (sunni and shia), some words in their languages too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:32 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:Hey y'all, here's the deal. July 6 - 20 I will be in Europe, first Denmark for a day, then Germany for about 11 days, then Denmark, then home. Anyways, I'm going to be witnessing to the refugees I'm Germany. 
Thanks!
Read Nabeel Qureshi's first book. It will give you valueable insight into the muslim mindset.
Awesome.  I'll have to check that out.  Actually, one of my best friends is a former muslim, well, culturally.  He's Christian and he has practicing members within his family, but I've learned a lot from him.  One of the best tools for discussing Jesus with muslims, who believe God talks to them through dreams, is to ask about the Man in white.  Apparently, a lot have that dream and have no explanation.  It's Jesus.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Pastèque wrote:
You are a kind of missionary, right?

Perception of Islam and more globaly culture can be very different, depend which countries they are from. I advice you to inform yourself about traditions, form of Islam in this countries (sunni and shia), some words in their languages too.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'll be.  My church did this thing called Engage the Crisis to help the muslims who are refugees in Europe.  So, we're witnessing to them specifically.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:14 am

Great, you are welcome. Good luck and keep up informed please Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:
Thanks!

Hope things are going well, and I pray God will mightily use your work to advance the Kingdom.

A couple things Christians have in our favor in regards to what we view as scripture and what the Muslim does. The Quran teaches that the old and new Testament is truly the Word of God ( Sura 2:87, 3:3, 4:163 and 5:46 ). The Quran also teaches that the Words of Allah cannot be corrupted ( Sura 6:34, 6:115 and 10:64 ). But it just so happens that Islam generally believes that the Bible we have has been corrupted, so we cannot believe what it teaches about the work and nature of Christ. Now, that's a problem for the Muslim because its a glaring contradiction in thier view of the Word of Allah or God. Use that as a springboard to get them to reflect on some things and then present them the Words and teachings of Christ from our scriptures. You can never go wrong by simply presenting the Gospel and letting the Holy Spirit unharden their heart.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:26 am

Pastèque wrote:Great, you are welcome. Good luck and keep up informed please Smile
Will do!  Thanks!
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:27 am

sentient 6 wrote:
Thanks!

Hope things are going well, and I pray God will mightily use your work to advance the Kingdom.

A couple things Christians have in our favor in regards to what we view as scripture and what the Muslim does. The Quran teaches that the old and new Testament is truly the Word of God ( Sura 2:87, 3:3, 4:163 and 5:46 ). The Quran also teaches that the Words of Allah cannot be corrupted ( Sura 6:34, 6:115 and 10:64 ). But it just so happens that Islam generally believes that the Bible we have has been corrupted, so we cannot believe what it teaches about the work and nature of Christ. Now, that's a problem for the Muslim because its a glaring contradiction in thier view of the Word of Allah or God. Use that as a springboard to get them to reflect on some things and then present them the Words and teachings of Christ from our scriptures. You can never go wrong by simply presenting the Gospel and letting the Holy Spirit unharden their heart.
Sorry, I meant  to reply sooner.  Thanks for the information.  I'll remember this.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:10 am

d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to yet.  I've been somewhat busy.  God's told me in about two years, I'll be in Africa, permanently I assume, and He's recently told me to start learning Arabic, so I guess I have a greater incentive to read this.  I will definitely keep an eye out for it.  My new roommate might have it.  I'll have to check through his stuff.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:God's told me in about two years, I'll be in Africa, permanently I assume,

Well yeah, you said God told you that you were going to die there. That's definitely permanent.
...and messed up.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to yet.  I've been somewhat busy.  God's told me in about two years, I'll be in Africa, permanently I assume, and He's recently told me to start learning Arabic, so I guess I have a greater incentive to read this.  I will definitely keep an eye out for it.  My new roommate might have it.  I'll have to check through his stuff.
Take some time and watch this. Sometime missionary work is just proclaiming the gospel and moving on, but I think the most successful is when you invest your life in others. What's amazing in this story is how these people of diverse cultures are brought together by the gospel and how it has become multi-generational.

Let me know what you think.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:44 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:God's told me in about two years, I'll be in Africa, permanently I assume,

Well yeah, you said God told you that you were going to die there. That's definitely permanent.
...and messed up.
When Peter was told, after all he had been through, that that was going to happen to him, that he was sad or honored?
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to yet.  I've been somewhat busy.  God's told me in about two years, I'll be in Africa, permanently I assume, and He's recently told me to start learning Arabic, so I guess I have a greater incentive to read this.  I will definitely keep an eye out for it.  My new roommate might have it.  I'll have to check through his stuff.
Take some time and watch this. Sometime missionary work is just proclaiming the gospel and moving on, but I think the most successful is when you invest your life in others. What's amazing in this story is how these people of diverse cultures are brought together by the gospel and how it has become multi-generational.

Let me know what you think.
Awesome.  I'll have time to watch that this weekend.  I definitely will.

Also, my aunt sent me a card saying she didn't want me to go, so I called her up the other day, the day after that attack in Turkey.  Here's how part of the conversation went:
Aunt: well, I just want you to be careful over there. There are all those Syrians, you know. So, what exactly are you doing? 
Me: witnessing to the Syrians. 
Aunt: ah cr*p.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:19 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:

...and messed up.
When Peter was told, after all he had been through, that that was going to happen to him, that he was sad or honored?

That doesn't make grammatical sense.
You're not talking in the third person, are you?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:41 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:

...and messed up.

Seeing that (I believe) English is a second language for Peter. He might have meant this:
"When Peter was told, after all he had been through, what was going to happen to him, was he was sad or honored?"
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:15 pm

deathisgain wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:

...and messed up.

Seeing that (I believe) English is a second language for Peter. He might have meant this:
"When Peter was told, after all he had been through, what was going to happen to him, was he was sad or honored?"
Todavia no entiendo. Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Are you guessing what he meant?
I'm guessing the second "was" isn't supposed to be there?
"was he was sad or honored?". I swear I'm not a grammar Nazi, but I at least try to proofread before finalizing it with the send button.

Even if that is the interpretation, it still doesn't make sense. I remark on God telling him he's going to die in Africa as being "messed up" so he asks me if Peter (either from the Bible or himself in the third person - we haven't established that yet) was sad or honored?

If it's Peter from the Bible, he's not going to have a bearing on other Peter dying in Africa because he's been dead for centuries. If he's using the third person, maybe he doesn't know if he feels sad or honored. It's a question afterall. Maybe both?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:46 pm

God wrote:John 21:18-19 (NASB)
Our Times Are in His Hand
Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go.” Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He *said to him, “Follow Me!”

I believe that Peter (who was Vaak) is referencing this verse. Peter (who was Vaak) is asking if the Apostle Peter was happy or sad that he would die for Christ. I don't think we know the Apostle Peter's exact feelings. At that time, he turned the focus on John, so maybe he wasn't too excited. But I assume later he considered it honorable, but we have no record of that either. From all this, I gather that Peter (who was Vaak) is saying that he accepts his fate, and sees it as an honor to die for the Lord.

I could be wrong.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:19 pm

First of all, Grammar Nazi Pikachu salutes your dedication to the english language.
First mission trip!  Image

Next, DiG is right.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Also, tomorrow I leave for Amsterdam.  I'll be back on the 21st probably.  Please, pray for my team and I.  Pray that we give all our cautions and anxieties to God and follow Him in all the ways He leads us.  Thanks.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Also, tomorrow I leave for Amsterdam.  I'll be back on the 21st probably.  Please, pray for my team and I.  Pray that we give all our cautions and anxieties to God and follow Him in all the ways He leads us.  Thanks.
I take it that you didn't see the film?
Here's an informative short video that explains Muslim on Muslim violence.

Did you know that Islam is the only world religion that actively refutes the deity of Christ? That's a great talking point if you get into deeper discussions.
Here's a resource. http://www.answeringmuslims.com/
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next