The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah

+18
seth
scottmitchell74
oldschooldoom
godsrocker1970
Pethead
Driven
metaldude
srguenther
6stringgrind
eatbugs
strangerhoncho
deathisgain
My Awesome Timothy
KaramKaram
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Pershing1134
Hardcore Christian
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which do you prefer?

Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  I_vote_lcap73%Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 29 ]
Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  I_vote_lcap13%Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  I_vote_lcap14%Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 40

Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  Empty Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat May 28, 2016 2:21 am

Which do you prefer? Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  Empty Re: Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah

Post by Pershing1134 Sat May 28, 2016 3:39 am

Snakes….no contest for me

Last edited by Pershing1134 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah  Empty Re: Snakes In The Playground Vs Scarecrow Messiah

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat May 28, 2016 5:50 am

Yeah, this will be the first poll here that is 100% for one option. No one, literally not one, person I've ever talked to loved Scarecrow. Most like it. Some think it's okay. But no one has ever said that they like it better than Snakes. So, barring a contrarian who just loves to mess with people, you won't see a single vote for Scarecrow.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 28, 2016 9:18 am

I hate to break it to you, FoJ, but I am that "one guy".  I will have to sit this one out as I do love both of these albums.  Fans have wanted "Snakes Part 2" for years.  They got it with this one.  I rarely play one without playing the other.  When someone says something about Bride, it is these two albums that equally come to mind.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat May 28, 2016 9:52 am

My first Bride album was Snakes, I even auditioned to the music conservatory playing Fallout on drums. So, Snakes has a special place in my heart. But I do love Scarecrow as well, sadly, there wasn't an option to take love for both album so I went with SitP
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat May 28, 2016 10:15 am

alldatndensum wrote:I hate to break it to you, FoJ, but I am that "one guy".  I will have to sit this one out as I do love both of these albums.  Fans have wanted "Snakes Part 2" for years.  They got it with this one.  I rarely play one without playing the other.  When someone says something about Bride, it is these two albums that equally come to mind.

lol!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat May 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Yeah, this will be the first poll here that is 100% for one option. No one, literally not one, person I've ever talked to loved Scarecrow. Most like it. Some think it's okay. But no one has ever said that they like it better than Snakes. So, barring a contrarian who just loves to mess with people, you won't see a single vote for Scarecrow.
Actually a second person (other than alldat) likes Scarecrow more..............not me, my dad does, he actually got me thinking about which I like better, so I thought Id do the poll to see where everyone else stands.

I myself am just gonna press buttons because I have not listened to each enough to say which I like better. What a Face
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat May 28, 2016 2:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote: Fans have wanted "Snakes Part 2" for years.  They got it with this one.
I agree everybody wanted Weapons Part II or Megilloth Part II, and they were disappointed when they never delivered (most bands cant do the same thing twice anyway)

but your right Bride did it and followed up their Magnum Opus with a equally great release
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat May 28, 2016 2:05 pm

I haven't listened to all of Scarecrow, but Snakes has been my all time favorite. "Psychedelic Super Jesus" is alone worth the price of the CD. I still get chills ever time I hear Dale scream "GOD IS LOVE POWER IN THE BLOOD, SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND!" (now I have to listen to that).

After that, my next favorite is "This is it"
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat May 28, 2016 10:22 pm

I remember listening to Scarecrow once when it first came out and hating it.  It sounded like a totally different band to me at the time, for some reason, compared to Snakes.  I've never gone back to it.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat May 28, 2016 11:53 pm

I just wanna press buttons...........

I love both.  I love Snakes more, but Scarecrow is a close second.  In high school I preferred Scarecrow to Snakes.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun May 29, 2016 9:14 am

strangerhoncho wrote:I remember listening to Scarecrow once when it first came out and hating it.  It sounded like a totally different band to me at the time, for some reason, compared to Snakes.  I've never gone back to it.

I fell in love with that album on the very first listen.  It is just a tad darker and just a bit more raw sounding even though the Elefante brothers produced it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Sun May 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Scarecrow is decent, but was ultimately a disappointing followup to Snakes. There's filler like "Dadmom" and "Questions", and overall the songs aren't as strong. Love the title track, though....and Beast is a good opener. The only advantage Scarecrow has over Snakes is the beefier production IMO.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Tue May 31, 2016 8:18 am

Snakes was my first, but I can't even listen to it now....I love scarecrow...with the exception of the horrid songs time and place....it and parts of drop are the only bride material oc an listen to...

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 am

Easy choice... Snakes. It still pumps me up when I  hear Dale sing Rattlesnake or Fallout.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48 pm

I listened to "Scarecrow Messiah" yesterday just because it wasn't getting the love.  I felt the album needed me to give it an aural hug.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I listened to "Scarecrow Messiah" yesterday just because it wasn't getting the love.  I felt the album needed me to give it an aural hug.
lol!

I have been playing it a lot too!

Place has been on repeat a lot for me!

How about you alldat? (Whats your favorite song from SM)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:25 pm

I haven't listened to the whole of Snakes, only bits and pieces from YouTube. Oddly enough, I pulled out Scarecrow today and enjoyed it. By default, I'd therefore have to go with Scarecrow, even though I'd probably like Snakes better.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Scarecrow is the best. I love the raw sound. I loved Snakes when it came, but it didn´t hold it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 am

Snakes. It's awesome front to back. I love Scarecrow and it starts really strong but loses more steam towards the end.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:53 am

Silence is madness was my first Bride album. Got it as a new release cassette. I still love Dale's falsetto screams on this album. Then show no mercy and then live to die. I am partial to these, but for me after Snakes in the playground was where my love for Bride started to wane. I still have a green matrix demo Smile

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:31 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I listened to "Scarecrow Messiah" yesterday just because it wasn't getting the love.  I felt the album needed me to give it an aural hug.
lol!

I have been playing it a lot too!

Place has been on repeat a lot for me!

How about you alldat? (Whats your favorite song from SM)

I've always liked "Beast" because of the little off-time thing they do musically during the verses.  The first time I heard it I thought they had seriously screwed up and left it on the record.  Then, they do it again.  LOL  I've always liked that.

Another outstanding track for me would be "Scarecrow".  That song sounds like it was cut from the "Snakes In The Playground" album.  It doesn't have much of a hook, but it does grab you in its simplicity.

So, depending on which time I am listening to this record, either of those two could be my favorite.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:20 am

With this conversation, I decided to give Scarecrow a spin on Spotify. I had listened to a few tracks, but not all of them. Overall I think it is a solid album, but probably suffers from being in the shadow of Snakes. One impression I felt, was that it would have been a nice album to go in between Kinetic and Snakes. Like a progression.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 am

Spotify?

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:39 pm

godsrocker1970 wrote:Spotify?
https://www.spotify.com/
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next