The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underrated bands that deserves more attention!?

+7
alldatndensum
strangerhoncho
Throne of thorns
Hardcore Christian
messiaen77
Grindboy
Living Sacrifice
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Underrated bands that deserves more attention!? Empty Underrated bands that deserves more attention!?

Post by Living Sacrifice Tue May 03, 2016 2:15 am

Have you guys thought of a band that should deserve more praise for their unique sound and good music?

I can think of a few ones and a band that really stands out for me is BENEA REACH. Good quality music and kinda alone in the christian scene with theír unique sound.

What bands do you guys think of?

Last edited by Living Sacrifice on Tue May 03, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Underrated bands that deserves more attention!? Empty Re: Underrated bands that deserves more attention!?

Post by Grindboy Tue May 03, 2016 6:45 am

The first one I always think of is Neocracy.

Maybe also bands like Common Yet Forbidden and At the Throne of Judgment I feel like put out terrific albums that are generally never mentioned.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Underrated bands that deserves more attention!? Empty Re: Underrated bands that deserves more attention!?

Post by messiaen77 Tue May 03, 2016 7:31 am

I guess the fact that I have never heard of any of those bands kinda supports your point.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue May 03, 2016 8:12 am

messiaen77 wrote:I guess the fact that I have never heard of any of those bands kinda supports your point.
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice Tue May 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Also an underrated band with only one album out.

Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue May 03, 2016 6:03 pm

The Synics Awakening Thrash/Death metal band, very similiar to Mortification's Self Titled IMHO

They deserve some more fans!!

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice Tue May 03, 2016 11:50 pm

Thanks for sharing. I like The Synics Awakening. More bands please. Smile
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Wed May 04, 2016 2:39 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:The Synics Awakening Thrash/Death metal band, very similiar to Mortification's Self Titled IMHO

They deserve some more fans!!

Oh man old school death the vocals are the kind i love in death metal that dry raw deep sound that drags. this is awesome why I have never heard of them? Thanks.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 9:05 am

I always thought Zion should get more attention..I think their album is  a way better album than Rex's work with X Sinner or GX project... Also Ransom was a great band that should have been as huge as stryper.. Shout also was a really good band and Tamplin is one of the best Christian Musicians ever...

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed May 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Synics Awakening even has 2 albums.  The first one has keyboards and doesn't sound at all like Mort, but I can hear slight similarities on their second album.  I think Mort is way better, but SA is still pretty cool.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed May 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Grindboy wrote:The first one I always think of is Neocracy.

Maybe also bands like Common Yet Forbidden and At the Throne of Judgment I feel like put out terrific albums that are generally never mentioned.

Thanks for sharing!  I downloaded from eMusic.  Good stuff!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 pm

What exactly determines "underrated"?  Unheard of can mean that, but it could be that they are merely unheard of due to lack of proper tour support or marketing.  It could be that the band is of a genre that just isn't very popular.

Regardless, unless a band is huge, it could be argued that any band is underrated by an avid fan.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed May 04, 2016 4:01 pm

I tend to think of underrated as:  "of high quality and deserving of notice, but not discussed much by fans of its genre, or given press coverage by publications that cover its genre...for whatever reasons."

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

As far as this thread goes, it sounds like the OP is defining "underrated" as "bands that deserves [sic] more attention."

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Grindboy wrote:As far as this thread goes, it sounds like the OP is defining "underrated" as "bands that deserves [sic] more attention."

That is still a bit too ambiguous for me.  Whitecross got a lot of attention in the Christian scene, but they were deserving of more attention as a metal band.  Deliverance was a big deal in the Christian thrash scene and deserved way more attention in the overall scheme of things despite the fact they got on MTV.  They should have been huge.

Essentially, then, any band that we thing didn't get the attention we think they deserved would fit. 

I am more of the mindset that if they didn't get that attention, then it wasn't meant to be.  If God placed them where they are for a purpose, then the attention they got is what He intended.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed May 04, 2016 10:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Grindboy wrote:As far as this thread goes, it sounds like the OP is defining "underrated" as "bands that deserves [sic] more attention." 

I am more of the mindset that if they didn't get that attention, then it wasn't meant to be.  If God placed them where they are for a purpose, then the attention they got is what He intended.

That's a given, but where's the fun in discussing that?

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 05, 2016 5:18 am

In pointing it out?  lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Thu May 05, 2016 6:40 am

Resurrection Band/Rez - their songwriting was up there with anyone, and they should have been  heard across the globe.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu May 05, 2016 1:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

That is still a bit too ambiguous for me.  Whitecross got a lot of attention in the Christian scene, but they were deserving of more attention as a metal band.  Deliverance was a big deal in the Christian thrash scene and deserved way more attention in the overall scheme of things despite the fact they got on MTV.  They should have been huge.

Essentially, then, any band that we thing didn't get the attention we think they deserved would fit. 

Perhaps God has placed them in this thread as well!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Perhaps, but I doubt one message board will spark enough interest to get these bands the recognition that we feel they deserved.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu May 05, 2016 5:00 pm

I'll say Dalit:

and Pantokrator:

Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 06, 2016 5:03 am

^Two VERY good bands!  I just bought the digital download of Pantokrator's cover of Awesome God and it is pretty dang awesome indeed!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EVZVRZQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=pantokrator%20awesome%20God&qid=1462532243&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

I also think Vardoger is massively underrated.  Their EP that came out YEARS ago is very highly regarded and I agree, it's good, but their full-length that was just released last year is an absolute masterpiece IMO and it seems so few folks have listened to it!  Others I consider underrated are:

Adorned Graves
Agonal
Aspiration
The Autumn League
Cloth
Departe
Epta Astera
Ekklesiast
Flaskavsae
Miriam
Orationem
Sardis
Sawol
Signum Regis
Stronghold (the Norwegian black/doom one)
They Wither
Throne Of Awful Splendor
Under The Sun

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri May 06, 2016 5:45 am

You're right that nobody's heard the new Vardoger, myself included.  Is there anywhere to order it other than the band's page for $20?

Dalit and Pantokrator are excellent bands (although again I don't have the newest Dalit either), although I feel like they're pretty well known, at least on places like this board -- Pantokrator for sure I feel like gets pretty good chatter on here.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 06, 2016 7:48 am

SkyBurnsBlack has it "coming soon."  I ordered directly from the band and it was totally worth it.  It's tied with Vials Of Wrath - Days Without Names for my favorite Christian metal album released last year.  Absolutely stellar.

[EDIT:  Nordic Mission also has Ghost Notes.]

True, Pantokrator is a little more well known than most of the others listed.  Dalit has a few big fans (myself included) on here but overall to me they still don't seem all that well known.  I highly recommend getting their second album!  It is very good!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice Fri May 06, 2016 11:34 am

You can find the new Vardoger on Spotify.

I agree that the new album is a masterpiece and more people should hear about it.

As to the point of this thread is both to point out underrated bands as well as bands that should deserve more attention or be more noticed. Not just the mainstream bands that made it big. Get my Point?
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next