The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadpool

+4
Hardcore Christian
ThomasEversole
Peter who was Vaak
Deepfriar
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Deadpool  Empty Deadpool

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Call me weird, but I HATE this movie!!!

I went and saw it - all excited to see a new Marvel movie! What the heck??? This is just pure filth!!! That says a lot coming from a fan of a lot of rated R movies and I listen to a lot of secular music.

But this movie ... I'm sorry ... don't mean to offend anyone if you love this movie.

But I was just horrified when I saw it. I wish I had not spent the money - and I will NEVER watch it again.

a Sodom and Gomorrah Superhero movie.

Deadpool  V1

Back to top Go down

Deadpool  Empty Re: Deadpool

Post by Deepfriar Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks for saving me the trouble. All my friends are hyped but for some reason I had apprehension about it. Now I know why.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Deepfriar wrote:Thanks for saving me the trouble. All my friends are hyped but for some reason I had apprehension about it. Now I know why.

Don't get me wrong. It's a comedy. So it's all in the name of 'hilarity'. But I guess I am pretty conservative in some areas. One of them being 'morals'. As the Bible is very clear on morals. I don't think something is 'funny' - when it is so vulgar and filthy.

Heck, even the lyrics of Cradle of Filth are more honorable than the content in this movie! And that says A LOT!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:29 pm

I have no intentions of seeing it despite loving the Deadpool comics.  But I have read articles describing some of the vulgarity and it's nuts!  I've had to turn down three invitations to see it, soon to be four likely.
This is too bad, he is quite a funny character and without the vulgarity, he's a genuinely hilarious one in the comics, but oh well.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:34 pm

And I forgot to mention, what bums me out is that he will be a part of the X-Force film.  I hope the garbage isn't brought over with him.  And he'll likely be incorporated into more and more x-men films.  I'm just glad he won't be in Old Man Logan otherwise I'd be seriously bummed because that comic is brilliant story telling(And yes, I know the movie will be different from the comic).
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:38 pm

So I am a huge fan (and find it highly entertaining) of the shows two and a half men (old ones) and archer..both of which are highly sexual and vulgar  Twisted Evil ...so is this movie more vulgar than those shows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm not real familiar with those shows Savage. And you might like this movie. That's okay if you do. I'm not telling anyone not to like it.

I just find it repulsive. But maybe it's just me (actually I know a TON of people feel this same way - even my local Mormon friends agree it's too sick).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:14 pm

A couple of people from work saw it and warned the rest of us not to watch it due to the vulgarity. These are people who like super hero movies and are not Christians.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 pm

How is it repulsive?

I didn't get a hint of that in the previews, and I have a hard time its more "out there" than IRL Cradle of Filth lyrics. (ie: Lord Abortion)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm

After this trailer, I knew I had to pass

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:20 pm

I watched the "red band" trailer, the one not approved for general audiences, and that was enough clue for me. I was disgusted with Marvel for making a Wolverine PG-13 when it should have been R; when I saw they made an R move I knew they'd gone too far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:21 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:How is it repulsive?

I didn't get a hint of that in the previews, and I have a hard time its more "out there" than IRL Cradle of Filth lyrics.  (ie: Lord Abortion)

so....don't listen to IRL Cradle of Filth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:30 pm

BearDad wrote:I watched the "red band" trailer, the one not approved for general audiences, and that was enough clue for me. I was disgusted with Marvel for making a Wolverine PG-13 when it should have been R; when I saw they made an R move I knew they'd gone too far.
For the record, it's Fox making it.  Marvel won't do a R film.  Also, in defense of Wolverine, the dude punches with claws.  He'll be a little violent.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:For the record, it's Fox making it.  Marvel won't do a R film.
Yes thats true, its a Marvel Comic, but Fox has rights to Fantastic Four and all the X MEN characters, while Sony has rights to Spider-Man and the real "Marvel Studios" is Disney of course
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:51 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:
BearDad wrote:I watched the "red band" trailer, the one not approved for general audiences, and that was enough clue for me. I was disgusted with Marvel for making a Wolverine PG-13 when it should have been R; when I saw they made an R move I knew they'd gone too far.
For the record, it's Fox making it.  Marvel won't do a R film.  Also, in defense of Wolverine, the dude punches with claws.  He'll be a little violent.

It wasn't the violence that bother me, it was the unnecessary nudity and language.  I had my daughters with me and was very ashamed to call myself their spiritual leader that day.  Some may think this unrelated, and that I am a prude, but my wife and I walked out on a local play this evening because of all the fowl language. Life is too short to waste in on trash.

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Sounds like i should wait for the edited for tv version, to be honest im not looking that forward to X-Men: Apocalypse either, since the trailer had Apocalypse claiming he has gone by many names, naming a bunch of mythological gods, but then ending with "Yahweh". BTW, Marvel Studios has the rights to Spider-Man now and theyre working on ANOTHER reboot film for 2017.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:For the record, it's Fox making it.  Marvel won't do a R film.
Yes thats true, its a Marvel Comic, but Fox has rights to Fantastic Four and all the X MEN characters, while Sony has rights to Spider-Man and the real "Marvel Studios" is Disney of course

Yep, good ol' "family oriented" Disney. Yet another organization that puts frosting on poop; suck the sheeple in with sugar and feed them filth when they get there. I am convinced Walt is covering his face in shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:17 am

Being a huge fan of the comics... which have just as much (if not more) violence and vulgarity, I was expecting it to be a lot more graphic than it was. I definitely could have done without the nudity though.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:36 am

After glancing through this, never, ever gonna see this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/parentalguide

84 F words! Rolling Eyes
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:51 am

I don't think vulgarity in entertainment is something to get excited about. I just haven't been in the mood for crude humor lately.

There are many parts of the world where the majority doesn't think swearing or sexuality in entertainment is a big deal and that Western culture's infatuation with violence is more concerning than them.

I personally find a bunch of F bombs and phallic jokes off-putting but I'd be willing to watch a movie with them in it if it were by some miracle something I wanted badly to see.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:17 am

Yeah, i dont mind stuff with profanity, as long as it's not the whole point of it all. Something like the Angry Video Game Nerd or the Nostalgia Critic would be just as entertaining without the profanity (and cleaner internet reviewers like tv trash show that you can freak out without swearing) , but if the whole point of something is just to swear, then forget it.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:53 am

I think the thing is that a LOT of people DON'T understand the Deadpool character.  Wade Wilson wasn't the happy go lucky Merc with a Mouth that we've seen propagated for the last decade.  The "modern" Deadpool that you see in the Lego Marvel game, or popping into "kids" shows is NOT a particularly "true to origin" version of the character.

The "true to origin" version of the character is EXACTLY what you get with this film.  Frankly, there are late 90's Deadpool story arcs that make the film look like a kids playground. 

Deadpool is a VERY twisted character.  One of the MOST twisted "antiheroesl Marvel ever came up with, IMO.....and I totally understand someone being disturbed by it.  You SHOULD be....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 am

I had never really heard of deadpool before the movie...thanks to this thread..especially exo's comment..i am now intrigued and may check this out...

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:59 am

If you really wanna know the character, check out the "Wade Wilson's War" story done on the Marvel Knights imprint.......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:49 am

BearDad wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:

It wasn't the violence that bother me, it was the unnecessary nudity and language.  I had my daughters with me and was very ashamed to call myself their spiritual leader that day.  Some may think this unrelated, and that I am a prude, but my wife and I walked out on a local play this evening because of all the fowl language. Life is too short to waste in on trash.
I honestly forgot about the nudity.  Seeing the backside of Wolverine was a traumatic experience for us all.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum