The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed

+6
Tobi Elektrik
Throne of thorns
Through The Dark Radio
cailen
Hardcore Christian
My Awesome Timothy
10 posters

Go down

SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed Empty SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 pm

The HORDE vinyls are selling really well so if you want a copy I wouldn't delay too much longer.  Have just sent out 7 copies to Roxx Productions yesterday so they should arrive at the end of next week. Very Happy

The MORTIFICATION ~ SCROLLS OF THE MEGILLOTH vinyls arrive at my home on Friday so will be sending out any pre-orders on Friday or Saturday. Very Happy

Finally, looks like Adam from Soundmass is thinking about releasing MORTIFICATION ~ POST MOMENTARY AFFLICTION on vinyl at some point.  Due to the length of the record he asked my opinion on whether the track 'Overseer' should be left off or 'Illusions From The Valley Of Darkness', 'Black Lion  Of The Mind', 'Pride Sanitarium', 'Liquid Assets' and 'The Sea Of Forgetfulness'.  I would value you your opinions......... farao drunken  scratch
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed Empty Re: SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Wowowowow

Overseer is in my top 5 Morti songs ever

but the filler really makes the album feel like a masterpiece

Id say take out the filler, despite it compromising the albums flow
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed Empty Re: SOUNDMASS Update and Opinions Needed

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Ive always loved Human Condition

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Wowowowow

Overseer is in my top 5 Morti songs ever

but the filler really makes the album feel like a masterpiece

Id say take out the filler, despite it compromising the albums flow

That's what I say!!!  cheers
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 pm

CUT THE FILLER!

CUT THE FILLER!

CUT THE FILLERRRRRZZZZ!

Smile New Song from Affliction clown
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Or you could have a couple of songs from the album on a 7" Very Happy
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:04 am

I think the filler and sound effects are awesome and give to the over all ambiance of the album. It is a real shame these albums are being cut at all......is there no other way to save the full album? I just would not buy an album if any of it is cut from the original.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:53 am

Throne of thorns wrote:is there no other way to save the full album? I just would not buy an album if any of it is cut from the original.
Thats what I was thinking
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:42 am

I wonder if it would be possible if the missing song from SOTM and Overseer could be put on a separate 7" record?  Could have new artwork etc?!   Would people buy this if it would become reality?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:24 am

My Awesome Timothy wrote:Could have new artwork etc?!
affraid

NEW ARTWORK!!!!!

I would totally buy a Ancient Prophecy/Overseer Vinyl cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

That would rule king
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:28 am

Not sure if I disclose too much here but from what I know Soundmass is thinking about a release in 10" or 12" format with the cut off tracks from Scrolls (Ancient Prophecy) and PMA (maybe Overseer) + some nice extras.
I think this would be a great solution to solve the problem of the missing tracks on both the Scrolls and PMA vinyl reissues.

I personally HATE 7inch vinyls. I hate to flip sides after just one song and the sound quality is really bad most times. Technically it's possible to cut even 8 minute songs but the quality loss is immense.

So yeah... I would love to see a 10" or 12" with Ancient Prophecy and Overseer - this would be EPIC. And it would make the Soundmass reissues even better than the original NB versions, cause for Scrolls NB crammed two songs on a 7inch (ugh!) and PMA had the entire 51 minutes on a single 12". The reduced play time of the Soundmass reissue of 42 minutes would be a huge advantage soundwise.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 pm

cailen wrote:CUT THE FILLER!

CUT THE FILLER!

CUT THE FILLERRRRRZZZZ!

Smile New Song from Affliction clown
CUT 
THE
FILLER

hahaha
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:Not sure if I disclose too much here but from what I know Soundmass is thinking about a release in 10" or 12" format with the cut off tracks from Scrolls (Ancient Prophecy) and PMA (maybe Overseer) + some nice extras.
I think this would be a great solution to solve the problem of the missing tracks on both the Scrolls and PMA vinyl reissues.

I personally HATE 7inch vinyls. I hate to flip sides after just one song and the sound quality is really bad most times. Technically it's possible to cut even 8 minute songs but the quality loss is immense.

So yeah... I would love to see a 10" or 12" with Ancient Prophecy and Overseer - this would be EPIC. And it would make the Soundmass reissues even better than the original NB versions, cause for Scrolls NB crammed two songs on a 7inch (ugh!) and PMA had the entire 51 minutes on a single 12". The reduced play time of the Soundmass reissue of 42 minutes would be a huge advantage soundwise.

That would be epic and would be great 20 minutes worth of music!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Will Be cool have PMA in vinyl again, but isn't better give a chance to other Morty albuns that never receive a LP release ?

EnVision will celebrate your 20th year anniversary, TSCIS will celebrate your 15th year anniversary, Erasing .. will celebrate your 10th year anniversary ... all of this 3 records are good options to receive an vinyl format
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Well, like I have said elsewhere, I won't buy albums that are missing songs. Sorry. Even if they go on another vinyl. I'd rather pay more for a complete double vinyl release or not at all.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Blood World and Primitive Rhythm Machine are epic albums that would be cool on vinyl!!!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:48 am

Primitive is a sweet album.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:45 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:Not sure if I disclose too much here but from what I know Soundmass is thinking about a release in 10" or 12" format with the cut off tracks from Scrolls (Ancient Prophecy) and PMA (maybe Overseer) + some nice extras.

So, wait - if you want to hear the original track order on vinyl, you have to play the first vinyl, stop it where the missing song is supposed to be, put on the other vinyl, find the missing track, play it, then stop that one, they place the first one back and continue listening?

That just seems silly. Again, no thanks. PMA is one of my favorite extreme albums ever, but guess I will have to wait to find a deal on the original issue.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:36 pm

I would say release it like the original Nuclear Blast vinyl, without Pride Sanitarium and Sea Of Forgetfulness.
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:35 pm

I don't understand this? Have records always cut of songs because of time restraints? Or is it a budget thing? I might do some research on this as I have never been a record collector, but was thinking about getting into it....
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:02 am

lol!
grandeped wrote:

So, wait - if you want to hear the original track order on vinyl, you have to play the first vinyl, stop it where the missing song is supposed to be, put on the other vinyl, find the missing track, play it, then stop that one, they place the first one back and continue listening?

That just seems silly. Again, no thanks. PMA is one of my favorite extreme albums ever, but guess I will have to wait to find a deal on the original issue.

You wouldn't actually have that trouble as Ancient Prophecy is the last song on the album and 'Overseer' is the first track on Side 2.  I guess that is the joy of having vinyls rather than the easy life with digital!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:31 am

We got it, grandedped - double vinyl is KING! Wink And I can also understand that you are disappointed that those two classic metal albums won't get that royal treatment.

But your complaint is getting over the top here.
If you prefer the original pressings - go for it. You are free to buy whatever you want. And if you are not pleased with the current vinyl reissues just found a label, put 5000 bucks on the counter and release your own reissues on double vinyl with gatefold sleeves. It's so simple, isn't it?

As I already explained the Soundmass reissues will be the BETTER solutions than the NB releases even though they won't come on double vinyl.

Reasons:

The NB version of "Scrolls" comes with an extra 7inch. There are TWO songs on Side B with nearly 8 minutes on this ONE SIDE - insane! Result: quality loss. And the track order was also "butchered". So what is so utterly bad about the Soundmass reissue? You need to change sides / vinyl only two times. With the NB version you have to do it three times.

The NB version of "PMA" has 51 minutes of music crammed on a single 12". Quality loss starts at around 15 Minutes per side due to lower volume and bass reduction. Soundmass is planning on putting 42 minutes on the album and releasing the longest track on a seperate vinyl. Result: better sound quality.

So I don't see any reason why the NB versions are the better choice except for being the first releases with a higher collector's value.

Last edited by Tobi Elektrik on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:19 am

Throne of thorns wrote:I don't understand this? Have records always cut of songs because of time restraints? Or is it a budget thing? I might do some research on this as I have never been a record collector, but was thinking about getting into it....

Vinyl records are a complex medium. A CD is pretty easy in comparison: If you record something digitally with a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz and a 16-bit resolution you can transfer it to a CD without any quality loss - and there's no difference whether it's a 5 minute single or a 70 minute album.

Pressing plants can do a 1:1 master cut for a 12" with up to 15-18 minutes per side. Everything above that will lead to compromises: the bass frequencies and the level have to be lowered. And if you lower the level the noise floor becomes more apparent since you have to turn up the volume of your stereo to have the same loundness you would have with a record with only 15 minutes per side.

Even though it is possible to cut 30 minutes on a side most pressing plants don't cut above 25 minutes, some don't even cut above 22. Cause they know that most customers won't be happy with the result.

Today vinyl has an image of being "the real thing". There are a lot of vinyl enthusiasts who are even convinced that vinyl has a better sound quality than a digital format like the CD. To satisfy those picky audiophiles a lot of records get released on double vinyl these days. But releasing a double vinyl with gatefold cover is much more expensive. That's why some labels decide to cut off tracks to keep the album length acceptable for a single 12" release.

So.... judged by the costs and quality issues of vinyl records the whole vinyl revival is a pretty stupid phenomenon IMO. scratch
And this insight comes from a person who still buys vinyl.......... Weird world!
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Moore Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:26 am

My Question is... Which Cover Art will they use?, Im in favor of the Intense records artwork being used..
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down