The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement.

2 posters

Go down

I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement. Empty I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement.

Post by d@v!d Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:51 am

I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement.
I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement. 51md3wvx0lL._SL500_AA280_
It's an older album from 08. Having his newer albums and so being more familiar with them, I can see how he has progressed with his rhymes. Some of the fall a bit flat on this album. Still a very good album with great uplifting themes.
Here are a couple of the standout tracks.

I love the refrain in Mission Accomplished.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement. Empty Re: I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement.

Post by d@v!d Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:19 am

Here's another very good track.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement. Empty Re: I just got Shai Linne's The Atonement.

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:41 am

Yep.....good stuff.

Love the lyrics. I really wish the Christian metal world would step up their game and write more scriptural based lyrics like this. Even if you disagree with some of his songs, you gotta give em credit for at least attempting to have The Word inform his views.

Depth......want more depth.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 am

sentient 6 wrote:Yep.....good stuff.

Love the lyrics. I really wish the Christian metal world would step up their game and write more scriptural based lyrics like this. Even if you disagree with some of his songs, you gotta give em credit for at least attempting to have The Word inform his views.

Depth......want more depth.
I've been surveying Christian Hip Hop the last few months. While there are a few others in it that are dedicated to the Lord and write good stuff like Linne, a lot of it is as shallow as most 'Christian' metal.

Linne really is a standout in regards to using the medium for bringing glory to God, teaching believers, and evangelizing.

With certain reservation, I'll say it's a shame he isn't still writing raps. I really wanted LT3. Well, maybe someday.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down