The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son

+3
alldatndensum
My Awesome Timothy
Lex Metalis
7 posters

Go down

Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son Empty Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:14 pm

I have decided to buy a copy of warriors of the Son by Saint..Should I buy :

This Retroactive version...
Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son 71aqoQbKUgL._SX450_

Or the
30th Anniversary Re-Recorded Edition
Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son 61TbM420BSL._SX450_

Back to top Go down

Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son Empty Re: Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:05 pm

The first is the original record remastered 

The second is a remaster version of 2004 re-recorded version of WOTS

. . . 

I (probally) choose the first
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son Empty Re: Need Help...Saint: warriors of the Son

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:03 pm

I would buy the 1st one if I didn't have already.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:27 am

The newest version.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:02 am

You get 2 extra tracks on the new release as well.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 am

The newest one definitely just for sonic clarity.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:52 am

I have both, the original is better unless you want the 2 extra songs, which are pretty good.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 pm

unquestionably, definitely, with out a doubt, for sure Retroactive...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:13 am

crucifyd wrote:unquestionably, definitely, with out a doubt, for sure Retroactive...

Both of them are Retroactive!   Laughing
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:14 am

Hmmm... They have changed the website and are selling inventory on ebay now

http://armorrecords.wix.com/saintsite#!home/mainPage

I am hearing they may have called it quits. Wish Mr. Lynch would stop by and say hello.

They are selling a few items on eBay and will add more later.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/musicarmor1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:41 am

I would get them both.  The rerecorded version is really good and it does have two songs, but the band "sped up" several of the songs and it makes them sounds a bit different.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:55 am

MikeInFla wrote:
crucifyd wrote:unquestionably, definitely, with out a doubt, for sure Retroactive...

Shocked HA! oops, oh well, probably still knew what I meant Smile

<MID-POST RANT>you know, I LOVE Saint...and correspondence with Richard has always been cool, but honestly all the reissues make me CRAZY! I mean ow many copies of WOS do there have to be? granted it's my own fault because there are certain bands of which I buy everything that has their name on it and Saint be one of them...</MID-POST RANT>

the first one is still better but GET 'EM BOTH!   Metal 2
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:29 am

crucifyd wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Shocked HA! oops, oh well, probably still knew what I meant Smile

<MID-POST RANT>you know, I LOVE Saint...and correspondence with Richard has always been cool, but honestly all the reissues make me CRAZY! I mean ow many copies of WOS do there have to be? granted it's my own fault because there are certain bands of which I buy everything that has their name on it and Saint be one of them...</MID-POST RANT>

the first one is still better but GET 'EM BOTH!   Metal 2

Yeah, I have the original version on the "Collection" CD (that also has Perfect Life). So I never bought another copy until last year when the 30th Anniversary came out because I did not have the 2 bonus cuts and the cover art was pretty cool. But I prefer the original. I just don't like the drum sounds on the re-make.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:35 pm

I don't have the 30th anniversary edition yet, but I think the 2004 version (rerecorded) is much better than the original, so imagine how good would sound if it were remastered. Well, that's why we have this new version. Not to mention that the two extra tracks are simply killer!

Crucifyd, consider that the two options posted above are the only one currently avbailable and I still don't own a cd version of Warriors of the son Rerecorded. That's why there are so many versions. The pressing quantity is always small and it turns to an out of print rapidly.

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Crucifyd, consider that the two options posted above are the only one currently avbailable and I still don't own a cd version of Warriors of the son Rerecorded. That's why there are so many versions. The pressing quantity is always small and it turns to an out of print rapidly.

it's just that I'm a dinosaur that's been around since the beginning (well, of Saint / "Christian" metal anyway) and I rarely like a re-issue better. there's just something about the raw un-Elefante-ized recording like the original WOS, or Human Sacrifice that I love...

and, like I said Saint is one of those bands that I buy everything they put out even if I have 13 other issues of the same record. admittedly, I don't HAVE to buy it just because it's released...  but I usually do  Shocked
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm the same way I love Saint and own them all but I don't buy multiple copies. I did buy the digital downloads for The Revelation and that is the only one I don't have on CD. And speaking of reissues I actually prefer the original version of Crime Scene Earth.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Keep in mind the Retroactive original version digipak disc hub is defective, causing the disc to easily fall out.

Mike, where did you hear they may have called it quits?
Joe C
Joe C
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:56 pm

I asked Rich if Saint was done on Facebook this morning.  He answered that they have not quit but that they are just not actively doing anything right now.  That could mean that they just need a break after years of releasing rapid successions of albums and remixes/reissues.  That could also mean that they are beginning to write some new material.  It could also mean that they just aren't doing anything right now.

Rich has been vocal enough about Saint over the years that, if they were quitting, we'd all know it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I asked Rich if Saint was done on Facebook this morning.  He answered that they have not quit but that they are just not actively doing anything right now.  That could mean that they just need a break after years of releasing rapid successions of albums and remixes/reissues.  That could also mean that they are beginning to write some new material.  It could also mean that they just aren't doing anything right now.

Rich has been vocal enough about Saint over the years that, if they were quitting, we'd all know it.
Good! Glad to hear it but would love some new music. I also need to order the Alive Forever DVD. The thing is I rarely watch concert DVDs. I have a lot of them and some I have never watched.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down